Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Aussie Forum
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2011, 09:52 PM
brently1979
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 brently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,790,139,911.09
Total Points: 2,790,278,404.89
you need your beers back - mgkirkpatrick Katsidis by UD. - Team Mundine Happy New Year - woftam Enjoy an apple mate - danc1984 In memory of Gatti - the true Superman of boxing - Dan... 
Default It's a real shame for Katsidis.

It's a real shame for Katsidis. He isn't left with a whole lot of options now. One point I have to bring up and has bothered me for sometime is his inability to make adjustments from fight to fight. He hasn't seemed to learn new things to reinvent himself in someway, refine his style to help get him over the line in tough fights. Some of these fights he could have won or was on the verge of winning, not yesterdays btw.

I wonder does he or his camp look at his fights and sees where he's going wrong. Because it's painfully obvious where.

All fighters evolve over time. Great example is Pacman, he was brawler now turned boxer puncher. Even Gatti made massive adjustments from the 1st Ward fight to the 3rd. Even Kostya using a jab in the Gonzalez fight etc.

Sure I'm not doubting Michaels fitness training at all. But with out fundaments you can't succeed against elite fighters. I've never doubted Michaels Heart or his toughness.

I'm not suggesting he starts dancing around the ****in' ring like Ali or slipping punches like Floyd Mayweather. But the guy doesn't have a ****in' Jab period.

I could understand if Mick had real KO power like Tyson and had the ability to turn a fight around with one punch, but he doesn't. He isn't a one punch KO guy.

I think Brendan Smith has kept Mick back from becoming a better fighter. I'm saying Mick should drop him altogether, but outside help has been calling for a long time.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Dan...
Fredette About It

Rep Power: 35 Dan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,304,832,342.01
Total Points: 3,314,956,285.45
Round on me - boxing2005 Fuck a beer have some Don P with me for B-Hop, i aint drinkin by myself!!! - bearman3000 3K Posts! - T-97 Thanks bro - T-97 great poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Melly-Mel 
cheers to a great poster - Melly-Mel No Message - mt102879 It doesn't help that they are led by Flawless - arguably the most annoying man on the planet. - Left Hook Tua Thanks man. - Silencers To good debates in 09! - KrisSilver 
lol merry new year , sir. - Left Hook Tua Dr.Joshua: Mix this soda with rum, take a motrin, and call me in the morning. - J. HITTER 6000 posts, congrats! - JAB5239 Give these sour grapes to Ponting next time you see him - The Monk Cool cat, good poster - mangler 
Have a cold glass of Fosters - Kevin Jesus You deserve a kick for your red K to Gully - Carnivore Happy Birthday for tomorrow mate. - Philfy These are great! - jazluvr449 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

To be honest I think a better trainer would have made some beneficial refinements to Mick over the years but in the end he is a fairly limited fighter. That is just the way it is. We have to accept it and just root for him as is.

I accept what you are saying though. Other limited fighters have made adjustments, however I think the two examples you raise are not the best. Kat obviously isn't in the same galaxy as Pacquiao with regards to talent and Arturo was a great deal more talented than a lot of people think. A younger version of Gatti was a great boxer and incredibly skillful mover. It is frustrating though.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:04 PM
brently1979
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 brently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond repute
you need your beers back - mgkirkpatrick Katsidis by UD. - Team Mundine Happy New Year - woftam Enjoy an apple mate - danc1984 In memory of Gatti - the true Superman of boxing - Dan... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan... View Post
To be honest I think a better trainer would have made some beneficial refinements to Mick over the years but in the end he is a fairly limited fighter. That is just the way it is. We have to accept it and just root for him as is.

I accept what you are saying though. Other limited fighters have made adjustments, however I think the two examples you raise are not the best. Kat obviously isn't in the same galaxy as Pacquiao with regards to talent and Arturo was a great deal more talented than a lot of people think. A younger version of Gatti was a great boxer and incredibly skillful mover. It is frustrating though.
Just examples of adjustments dude. Wasn't saying he is in that class.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Dan...
Fredette About It

Rep Power: 35 Dan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond repute
Round on me - boxing2005 Fuck a beer have some Don P with me for B-Hop, i aint drinkin by myself!!! - bearman3000 3K Posts! - T-97 Thanks bro - T-97 great poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Melly-Mel 
cheers to a great poster - Melly-Mel No Message - mt102879 It doesn't help that they are led by Flawless - arguably the most annoying man on the planet. - Left Hook Tua Thanks man. - Silencers To good debates in 09! - KrisSilver 
lol merry new year , sir. - Left Hook Tua Dr.Joshua: Mix this soda with rum, take a motrin, and call me in the morning. - J. HITTER 6000 posts, congrats! - JAB5239 Give these sour grapes to Ponting next time you see him - The Monk Cool cat, good poster - mangler 
Have a cold glass of Fosters - Kevin Jesus You deserve a kick for your red K to Gully - Carnivore Happy Birthday for tomorrow mate. - Philfy These are great! - jazluvr449 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brently1979 View Post
Just examples of adjustments dude. Wasn't saying he is in that class.
Yeah I understand that, its just that making adjustments is a hell of a lot easier if you are Manny Pacquiao or even Arturo Gatti than if you are Mick Katsidis. In my view anyway.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:30 PM
BOLLOCKS
Surrender Dorothy!

Rep Power: 252 BOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,597,224,075,032,486.00
Total Points: 4,597,518,026,368,832.00
Cookie time! - Raider Monkz No Message - Raider Monkz No Message - Raider Monkz No Message - Raider Monkz No Message - Raider Monkz 
my nikka - -veteran420- my nikka - -veteran420- my nikka - aye, cunts my nikka - -veteran420- No Message - -veteran420- 
Cookies? Who told you can eat my cookies!?!?! - Old Coward For all the times you helped me get back to E-Millionaire status.  Thanks bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! Thanks! - jazluvr loc.. - Ether merry xmas - Subtraction 
Merry Christmas - Flab No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* Here's for ur cookie, cunt. - led* thug life - lanigav 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Mustang Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Old Coward 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sh!thead Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - + rizilient + Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MAЯA Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - The Underboss Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 
Send a message via MSN to BOLLOCKS Send a message via Yahoo to BOLLOCKS Send a message via Skype™ to BOLLOCKS

He deserves to fight on HBO again.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:32 PM
brently1979
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan... View Post
Yeah I understand that, its just that making adjustments is a hell of a lot easier if you are Manny Pacquiao or even Arturo Gatti than if you are Mick Katsidis. In my view anyway.
All I'm asking for is a ****in' jab. Not the hardest thing.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Dan...
Fredette About It

Quote:
All I'm asking for is a ****in' jab. Not the hardest thing.
Haha, I agree man, it is frustrating. All I am trying to say is that even with these adjustments I'm not sure it would have made much of a difference in any of the fights he has lost.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:41 PM
brently1979
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nani Loc View Post
He deserves to fight on HBO again.
He will if he wants. I'd say he'd land on a HBO PPV card.

But I think he should have a fight back home in Qld against some no hoper first. Blow him away in a few rounds.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:46 PM
BOLLOCKS
Surrender Dorothy!

Rep Power: 252 BOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond reputeBOLLOCKS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,597,224,075,032,486.00
Total Points: 4,597,518,026,368,832.00
Cookie time! - Raider Monkz No Message - Raider Monkz No Message - Raider Monkz No Message - Raider Monkz No Message - Raider Monkz 
my nikka - -veteran420- my nikka - -veteran420- my nikka - aye, cunts my nikka - -veteran420- No Message - -veteran420- 
Cookies? Who told you can eat my cookies!?!?! - Old Coward For all the times you helped me get back to E-Millionaire status.  Thanks bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! Thanks! - jazluvr loc.. - Ether merry xmas - Subtraction 
Merry Christmas - Flab No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* Here's for ur cookie, cunt. - led* thug life - lanigav 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - El Mustang Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Old Coward 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sh!thead Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - + rizilient + Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MAЯA Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - The Underboss Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 
Send a message via MSN to BOLLOCKS Send a message via Yahoo to BOLLOCKS Send a message via Skype™ to BOLLOCKS

So he's fighting Mitchell again?
Old 04-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Clegg

Rep Power: 154 Clegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,313,423,270,161,991.50
Total Points: 3,378,864,553,415,640.50
Before I get banned. - Richard Nixon FREE RiZO! - Carlton Banks MMM-My Sharona! - RiZО Have an apple Clegg - danc1984 Yank food is good - mangler jr 
Chunk cake - It's part of your 5 a day! - Chunk Coffee Is Professional - Loccy To make up for that soggy one. - Raider Monkz mhh Alizee is moi lolita <3 - cleaner147 Professional Cookie - Loccy 
super clegg - Old Coward No Message - -veteran420- with love - -veteran420- Merry Christmas - Flab Happy new year! - Toney Loc 
yum yum pot noodle - Mike_Hunt super e-baller - MANIAC310 Well deserved, never saw you at history section - HaglerSteelChin It sounds like you need one, LOL - HaglerSteelChin Have some more - HaglerSteelChin 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Scientist Gay and Lesbian Pride - RiΖΟ Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - PensionKiller Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy 
Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANGLER Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Head and Neck Cancer - LeeVanCleef 

Quote:
He will if he wants. I'd say he'd land on a HBO PPV card.

But I think he should have a fight back home in Qld against some no hoper first. Blow him away in a few rounds.
Yeah, I respect that Kats will fight anyone, but sometimes a guy needs to be put into easier fights for the sake of his career longevity. I think yesterday was the third fight in a row in which he was the underdog.