Floyd Mayweather has never beaten an elite fighter in his prime - Page 14 - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 04-08-2011, 01:28 PM
DWiens421
Mission Complete!

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 65 DWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 113,744,579.71
Total Points: 114,078,769.71
We're twins now! :D - -Hyperion- Thanks man - starjammer Eat Fresh - Dorian 10,000 Posts! - Tunney Truce - WLAD OWNS 
a toast to team klitoris! lmao - Left Hook Tua Tye Bible, Page 23 Talks about his dive vs Monte - Dorian Replacing the old gift.. from top rookie to top poster - Welter_Skelter a drink for winky. - Left Hook Tua Juanma Lopez! - Dorian 
boxingscene top ten serious poster - mickey gomez Thank you for the great compliment. - JAB5239 Cheers bro. DWiens FTW! - danc1984 cheers - Makavelli Good Poster! - J. HITTER 
That was a funny thread. - El Gallo Negro! You complete me, ese. - El Gallo Homo! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Bollocks 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom! View Post
I got the *****s panties in a bunch!

Floyd discussions always make me laugh - especially the ones about his relationship with Lloyd Ellerbe.
It's true... they are the *****iest fans in the world, tied only with all other fans who defend their fighter's actions to the death, even when they know (or at least should know) they are wrong.

Do you ever start these kind of topics and set a goal of replies to see if you can get there? I used to, but mine never got very far. I don't have to gift of pissing people off I guess.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-08-2011, 01:59 PM
JayDee2700
Contender

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 9,229.05

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWiens421 View Post
That works for all of those except for Casamayor. He was right there in weight when that was going on. I don't know all the details of that fight not coming together, but I am pretty sure it had to do with money (aka the death of the sport).

Other than that, Margarito, Cotto and Pacquiao are the three names that I can really point to and say, "man, he really should have fought them at that time", meaning Margarito before the Williams loss, Cotto before the Margarito loss and Pacquiao... well, now.

I used to think this Margarito $8 million offer and Floyd ducking him wasn't an actualy duck because he was making the same amount to fight for the lineal championship against Baldomir of the division (even if Tata isn't that good, it is hard to fault a guy for going after the guy who beat the lineal title, especially when that line of champions runs from Baldomir to Judah to Spinks to Mayorga to Forrest to Mosley after his win over P4P #1 Oscar De La Hoya which vaulted him to P4P #1 himself)... however, someone showed me an ESPN article from back then that showed that the $8 million offer was on the table before the Sharmba Mitchell fight. I have no problem with Mayweather taking the Mitchell fight as a tune-up, to test the waters of 147, get his body used to the weight, etc., but there really is no excuse to fight Zab Judah, coming off a loss for less money.

Call me crazy, but I think Mayweather would have had an easier time with Margarito than Judah... Margarito just doesn't have the speed to land a lot on Floyd, and Floyd's elusiveness and quickness would keep him from getting caught on the ropes, meaning that even if he loses a round here and there on the rare occasion that he does find himself pinned on the ropes and Margarito scores some points, I don't see it happening enough rounds to give Margarito the decision, and I don't see Floyd wearing down the way Cotto did.
True!!! would have been very one sided more 1 sided then the the floyd vs gotti fight.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:41 PM
-KPB-
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 -KPB- has a reputation beyond repute-KPB- has a reputation beyond repute-KPB- has a reputation beyond repute-KPB- has a reputation beyond repute-KPB- has a reputation beyond repute-KPB- has a reputation beyond repute-KPB- has a reputation beyond repute-KPB- has a reputation beyond repute-KPB- has a reputation beyond repute-KPB- has a reputation beyond repute-KPB- has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,013,644,078.33
put it on and you can be Lennox's woman - Freedom. you can pretend it's Lennox when you stick it in - Freedom. monkey - dj Benze Just like in the jungles - dj Benze a true ...... - dj Benze 
Stay safe - rorymac merry christmas monkey :D - dj emzz 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - dj Benze 

If Hatton wasnt elite when Floyd fought him...then surely David Haye is not elite...and thus the Klits cants take any credit for beating Haye as Haye is only an elite Cruiserweight and hasnt beaten anyone of note......

You cant have it both ways.....
Old 09-08-2015, 01:18 AM
Freedom.
Banned

Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Rep Power: 328 Freedom. has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom. has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom. has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom. has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom. has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom. has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom. has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom. has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom. has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom. has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,082.43
Total Points: 482,862.03
Great Poster - Mr.Fantastic No Message - ~BoZz~ You know what it's for. - HughJass Appreciate the advice. Keep ballin, big pimp boss player. Dueces. - Anxious Times Wanted to send u green k for the thread on Floyd's domestic abuse but I couldn't so here's a beer. Cheers! - Tyler_Durden 
Welcome Back - Scott-Weiland Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Compliments of the season. - -Scott-Weiland- Merry Christmas! - Lil' Bo Peep Happy Holidays! - KOVALBOXER 
Merry Christmas to you as well bro.  All the best in the new year. - El-blanco Merry Chistmas Freedom - TBear Wishing you all the best in the new year! - Redd Foxx Merry Christmas and Happy New Years - Mr.Fantastic Merry Christmas &amp; Happy New Year - Rip Chudd 
Feliz navidad y feliz año nuevo!! merry christmas and happy new year!! - Dean_Razorback Merry Christmas to you too bud - Pain~Lucy A mug of the dark stuff for a good yule and holidays. - PittyPat Happy New Year Bro, All the best for 2016 - Rocky... Take this dildo and shove it up your ass Freedumb. - BrushMyHair! 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Jim Jeffries 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Disposable Arts Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - El Cabron Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Spray_resistant Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Devils Advocate Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - hanzoh74 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Pullcounter Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ChopperRead 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Boxing Goat Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sakura storm Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Boxing Goat World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Neither Klitschko nor Mayweather have ever beaten a top opponent in his prime.

But Klitschko doesn't demand home advantage, he's never avoided boxers until they get old like Floyd has, he's never demanded an opponent wear extra padding in his gloves, and he's never beaten up a woman.
Old 09-08-2015, 01:24 AM
CatchweightKing
STRAPMEUP

Quoted: 2438 Post(s)
Rep Power: 41 CatchweightKing has a reputation beyond reputeCatchweightKing has a reputation beyond reputeCatchweightKing has a reputation beyond reputeCatchweightKing has a reputation beyond reputeCatchweightKing has a reputation beyond reputeCatchweightKing has a reputation beyond reputeCatchweightKing has a reputation beyond reputeCatchweightKing has a reputation beyond reputeCatchweightKing has a reputation beyond reputeCatchweightKing has a reputation beyond reputeCatchweightKing has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 139,658,642,724,551.48
Total Points: 100,139,881,203,239,008.00
congrats - King- good post - King- another one - King- ........one more - King- enjoy,bro - King- 
good post. here take some strudel - King- A Triple G licensed vibrator for your ass lmao!! - Golovkin #TMT - sugarsmosley punk ass hoe - Bardock one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. 
U are f*****g **** b**** - King_ you can pretend it's Floyd - Freedom. Solid Poster!!! - Box-Office your gay love for Floyd - Freedom. Happy Kwanzaa - Freedom. 
Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

More insecurity bumps by freedom. All over one little golovkin thread
Old 09-08-2015, 01:26 AM
-cupo-
make LOUNGE great again

Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Rep Power: 57 -cupo- has a reputation beyond repute-cupo- has a reputation beyond repute-cupo- has a reputation beyond repute-cupo- has a reputation beyond repute-cupo- has a reputation beyond repute-cupo- has a reputation beyond repute-cupo- has a reputation beyond repute-cupo- has a reputation beyond repute-cupo- has a reputation beyond repute-cupo- has a reputation beyond repute-cupo- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,573,764,466,533,678.50
Total Points: 2,576,829,643,896,952.50
have a beer - AL YANKAB*TCH Wladimir Klitschko the WBA WBO IBF IBO Ring Champion - Freedom. Happy 5k posts, to one of the more intelligent posters! - *Boss Lady* Happy 5015th post! - Flab One of the best posters out there - Superflo777 
one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. one of the best - sugarsmosley 10,000 post - -jose- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - bearman3000 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
Vernon would have destroyed him. He was physically to big and that jab would have shut that shoulder roll shyt down.
I was infatuated with Vernon Forrest and his jab. This is when I used to HATE Shane Mosley. He looked unbeatable at that time. What irritated me about him was how he lulled his opponents into falling for his nice guy-ness, even during the pre-fight instructions in the middle the ring. He would smile and say good luck, and then bam! They didn't know what hit them, he was so fast. It just seemed contrived and phony.

And then the late, great Viper showed up. HBO Promoted the fight by putting heavy emphasis on the fact that Vernon beat him twice in the amateurs. I was very curious about that fight but didn't think he could win. And boy, did he deliver. His and Winky Wrights jab were a thing of beauty.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:21 AM
imperial1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11 imperial1 has a reputation beyond reputeimperial1 has a reputation beyond reputeimperial1 has a reputation beyond reputeimperial1 has a reputation beyond reputeimperial1 has a reputation beyond reputeimperial1 has a reputation beyond reputeimperial1 has a reputation beyond reputeimperial1 has a reputation beyond reputeimperial1 has a reputation beyond reputeimperial1 has a reputation beyond reputeimperial1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 52,170.57

19yrs as a pro yet never faced an elite fighter in his prime yet he couldn't get fights ...TBE my ass
Old 09-08-2015, 03:34 AM
Fists_of_Fury
White Taxpayer!!!

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Total Points: 101,000,000,999,969,664.00
have some grub - mathed Lol cheers bud...see it's still possible for a Floyd &amp; Manny fan to get along - Mike D appreciate that :beerchug: - -jose- 
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanzGruber View Post
More insecurity bumps by freedom. All over one little golovkin thread
He even brought the alts out
Old 09-08-2015, 06:44 AM
HughJass
Gypsy King

Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Rep Power: 361 HughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 195,636,254,475,156,652,032.00
Total Points: 195,636,865,480,538,062,848.00
lmao @ jose 'outside a gay bar' i wanted to tell you so bad, but funnier for you to find yourself hahaha - JabRight We thank you for you support of Team Sutherland. Here's a sandwich for your efforts. - Mike D Welcome back amigo! - -jose- Cake for ye fat chicks - -Weltschmerz- Don - dan_cov 
1 for the fat chick too - dan_cov :beerchug: - -jose- No Message - -jose- Happy Birthday.. - !! AI-Holmes!! happy B-day - TBear 
happy birthday! - jazluvr HBD phag! - led Thanks for the gift ya crazy fuck, cheers buddy, hope all is well. - El-blanco Jass! Nice seeing you too mate, been a while. Hope everything is good. - Alx. Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- 
Happy Holidays HughJass - TBear :kiss: - -jose- 4 wise men :lol1 : it has a ring to it! - -jose- appreciate it, bud - -MAKAVELLI- for my fellow toney fan - angad10 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -jose- Childhood Cancer - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

I was reading a article yesterday about TR matchmaker Bruce Trampler and when he scouted Floyd.

He goes on to say that Floyd had a thing for Oscar as early as 1997.He wanted to fight everyone Oscar fought.He goes on to say that Floyd was working on his Oscar fight very early.

Floyd really wanted to fight De La Hoya before there bout in 07.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:29 AM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Rep Power: 67 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 279,080,346,673,997.84
Total Points: 329,110,579,837,733.50
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov For schooling these cats about Maidana's defense. - punchr Something to wash that donut down. - punchr 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
Vernon would have destroyed him. He was physically to big and that jab would have shut that shoulder roll shyt down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nujabes77 View Post
in case you didn't get the memo... fmj never loses in fantasy fights here in nsb
That's bull**** unless you're a fanboy. What happens in NSB is mostly some retard just going "pacquiao, Filipino icon and national hero, would have destroyed him in five rounds if his arm didn't snap in twelve places as he was readying the perfect blow that would have knocked Floyd spark out! Lamo, pwn, Ko 5!" ect etc.

That's generally the extent of the fantasy fight scenarios, along with the other standard stuff, "hearns KO's Floyd in the first round without throwing a punch!", "Leonard dances circles around him...", "Duran makes Floyd his beeeatch and KOs his balls forever! Yeah pwned!", and on and on.

When someone actually gives a coherent, logical argument rather than the usual weak-minded spite posts, it's always taken well and I've seen lots of good arguments like this. However, when you have what is very clearly a hugely biased person writing something, frankly, ****ing moronic, then you're not going to get much of a reasoned answer let alone a good argument and even agreement.

For anyone that's actually watched Forrest and Floyd, to come out and say that Fotrest would destroy Mayweather easily and that his shoulder roll **** just wouldn't even work (cause without a shoulder roll, Floyd automatically loses the fight by KO!) ... Well, it's a bit retarded and so no, no one will take it seriously and agree except others dimwitted ****knuckles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom. View Post
Floyd lost in the amateurs because he fought the best.

Would he have lost in the pros if he fought elite fighters in their prime?

This guy is David Rodreguiz 34-0 yet he's ranked only #144 at heavyweight by the BoxRec computer:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...7041&cat=boxer

It's because he's avoided the people who can beat him.
There a pretty big difference between some lowly ranked nobody that hasn't fought anyone in the top fifty and a champion that's fought for two decades, across 6 divisions and beaten the best champions, number one ranked guys, HOFers, ATGs and never lost.

Share This With Friends

Tags
homosexual, justin bieber, leonard ellerbe, not a top 50 atg, smoke and mirrors

User Tag List