Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 04-08-2011, 01:28 PM
DWiens421
Mission Complete!

Rep Power: 63 DWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 113,744,579.71
Total Points: 113,921,568.71
We're twins now! :D - -Hyperion- Thanks man - starjammer Eat Fresh - Dorian 10,000 Posts! - Tunney Truce - WLAD OWNS 
a toast to team klitoris! lmao - Left Hook Tua Tye Bible, Page 23 Talks about his dive vs Monte - Dorian Replacing the old gift.. from top rookie to top poster - Welter_Skelter a drink for winky. - Left Hook Tua Juanma Lopez! - Dorian 
boxingscene top ten serious poster - mickey gomez Thank you for the great compliment. - JAB5239 Cheers bro. DWiens FTW! - danc1984 cheers - Makavelli Good Poster! - J. HITTER 
That was a funny thread. - El Gallo Negro! You complete me, ese. - El Gallo Homo! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Bollocks 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom! View Post
I got the *****s panties in a bunch!

Floyd discussions always make me laugh - especially the ones about his relationship with Lloyd Ellerbe.
It's true... they are the *****iest fans in the world, tied only with all other fans who defend their fighter's actions to the death, even when they know (or at least should know) they are wrong.

Do you ever start these kind of topics and set a goal of replies to see if you can get there? I used to, but mine never got very far. I don't have to gift of pissing people off I guess.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-08-2011, 01:59 PM
JayDee2700
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 8,911.89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWiens421 View Post
That works for all of those except for Casamayor. He was right there in weight when that was going on. I don't know all the details of that fight not coming together, but I am pretty sure it had to do with money (aka the death of the sport).

Other than that, Margarito, Cotto and Pacquiao are the three names that I can really point to and say, "man, he really should have fought them at that time", meaning Margarito before the Williams loss, Cotto before the Margarito loss and Pacquiao... well, now.

I used to think this Margarito $8 million offer and Floyd ducking him wasn't an actualy duck because he was making the same amount to fight for the lineal championship against Baldomir of the division (even if Tata isn't that good, it is hard to fault a guy for going after the guy who beat the lineal title, especially when that line of champions runs from Baldomir to Judah to Spinks to Mayorga to Forrest to Mosley after his win over P4P #1 Oscar De La Hoya which vaulted him to P4P #1 himself)... however, someone showed me an ESPN article from back then that showed that the $8 million offer was on the table before the Sharmba Mitchell fight. I have no problem with Mayweather taking the Mitchell fight as a tune-up, to test the waters of 147, get his body used to the weight, etc., but there really is no excuse to fight Zab Judah, coming off a loss for less money.

Call me crazy, but I think Mayweather would have had an easier time with Margarito than Judah... Margarito just doesn't have the speed to land a lot on Floyd, and Floyd's elusiveness and quickness would keep him from getting caught on the ropes, meaning that even if he loses a round here and there on the rare occasion that he does find himself pinned on the ropes and Margarito scores some points, I don't see it happening enough rounds to give Margarito the decision, and I don't see Floyd wearing down the way Cotto did.
True!!! would have been very one sided more 1 sided then the the floyd vs gotti fight.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:41 PM
-KPB-
Banned

Rep Power: 0 -KPB- has a reputation beyond repute-KPB- has a reputation beyond repute-KPB- has a reputation beyond repute-KPB- has a reputation beyond repute-KPB- has a reputation beyond repute-KPB- has a reputation beyond repute-KPB- has a reputation beyond repute-KPB- has a reputation beyond repute-KPB- has a reputation beyond repute-KPB- has a reputation beyond repute-KPB- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,013,634,114.33
put it on and you can be Lennox's woman - Freedom. you can pretend it's Lennox when you stick it in - Freedom. monkey - dj Benze Just like in the jungles - dj Benze a true ...... - dj Benze 
Stay safe - rorymac merry christmas monkey :D - dj emzz 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - dj Benze 

If Hatton wasnt elite when Floyd fought him...then surely David Haye is not elite...and thus the Klits cants take any credit for beating Haye as Haye is only an elite Cruiserweight and hasnt beaten anyone of note......

You cant have it both ways.....