Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 03-30-2011, 11:48 AM
J-A-D-AKISS
Contender

Rep Power: 0 J-A-D-AKISS is infamous around these partsJ-A-D-AKISS is infamous around these partsJ-A-D-AKISS is infamous around these partsJ-A-D-AKISS is infamous around these partsJ-A-D-AKISS is infamous around these partsJ-A-D-AKISS is infamous around these partsJ-A-D-AKISS is infamous around these partsJ-A-D-AKISS is infamous around these partsJ-A-D-AKISS is infamous around these partsJ-A-D-AKISS is infamous around these partsJ-A-D-AKISS is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,107.75
Default Keith kizer says change may be coming for nsac drug-testing policies

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content9629.html

According to Executive Director Keith Kizer, the drug-testing policies of the Nevada State Athletic Commission might be forced to change in the very near future. The revelation comes on the heels of the discovery that UFC light heavyweight contender Thiago Silva submitted a fake urine sample following his victory over Brandon Vera at UFC 125 this past January. A complaint filed by NSAC alleges that Silva submitted "an adulterated and/or substituted urine specimen" and that it "is inconsistent with human urine."

"I we think might have to take it a step further," Kizer would tell MMAjunkie.com when questioned about the case. It's the second time in the past 5 years that a fighter has been caught trying to submit a fake urine sample. The first time happened back in 2006, when former UFC heavyweight champion Kevin Randleman did it prior his bout with Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at PRIDE 32. Although Randleman's deception was eventually discovered, it wasn't until after the bout had already taken place. "We might get fooled, so we've got to be very vigilant on that," Kizer added. "It might be a situation where inspectors have to go really close and look."

Ultimately, Silva's victory over Vera will be changed to a no-contest and the Nevada State Athletic Commission will no doubt issue him some type of suspension and fine, but the more question is what will they do to ensure something like this doesn't continue to happen in the future? Is it time for the Nevada State Atheletic Commission to make serious changes to their drug-testing policies in order to protect fighters before their fights actually take place? Considering that Vera received a severely broken nose, as well as his release from the UFC, following the loss to Silva, I would say yes!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-30-2011, 11:53 AM
V.WEBB
CBVM

Rep Power: 39 V.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,259,434,525,301.95
Total Points: 3,264,932,031,395.34
For your Honeymoon, bless - Syf congrats homie - project xxx1 stay strong!! - Horus Poppppppp  this bottle for me - Horus No Message - Horus 
some wedding cake fo ya - DiLLiNGER wedding ring lol - DiLLiNGER No Message - DiLLiNGER For the Family Man!  To a happy and healthy life! - Lorily God Bless and Happy Holidays to you and your family! - Lorily 
Long overdue mate! - Tamis_Siensya somebody kick this racist - Band-Aid :fing02: - -jose- 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Toda Caine Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Horus Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - SekondzOut Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-A-D-AKISS View Post

According to Executive Director Keith Kizer, the drug-testing policies of the Nevada State Athletic Commission might be forced to change in the very near future. The revelation comes on the heels of the discovery that UFC light heavyweight contender Thiago Silva submitted a fake urine sample following his victory over Brandon Vera at UFC 125 this past January. A complaint filed by NSAC alleges that Silva submitted "an adulterated and/or substituted urine specimen" and that it "is inconsistent with human urine."

"I we think might have to take it a step further," Kizer would tell MMAjunkie.com when questioned about the case. It's the second time in the past 5 years that a fighter has been caught trying to submit a fake urine sample. The first time happened back in 2006, when former UFC heavyweight champion Kevin Randleman did it prior his bout with Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at PRIDE 32. Although Randleman's deception was eventually discovered, it wasn't until after the bout had already taken place. "We might get fooled, so we've got to be very vigilant on that," Kizer added. "It might be a situation where inspectors have to go really close and look."

Ultimately, Silva's victory over Vera will be changed to a no-contest and the Nevada State Athletic Commission will no doubt issue him some type of suspension and fine, but the more question is what will they do to ensure something like this doesn't continue to happen in the future? Is it time for the Nevada State Atheletic Commission to make serious changes to their drug-testing policies in order to protect fighters before their fights actually take place? Considering that Vera received a severely broken nose, as well as his release from the UFC, following the loss to Silva, I would say yes!
They don't watch these guys piss for the test? I remember in college when they did the drug testing, they had NCAA officials with us in the restroom to make sure it was OUR urine going into the cup. It was pretty uncomfortable I might add.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:53 AM
AKATheMack
Unreasonably Logical

Rep Power: 0 AKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond reputeAKATheMack has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2.55
Total Points: 140,031,214.61
Drink up man - mangler No Message - MARKBNLV Real Man™ - Dick Buffman shine for 1 hand - RunW/Knives shine for the other - RunW/Knives 
Profits for your Pocket - RunW/Knives money for my boy - RunW/Knives more money for my boy - RunW/Knives I was like, don't leave that lying around son that's cheddah - RunW/Knives We're getting paid in this M'fer. - RunW/Knives 
Mack's get dollars bruh.  Keep on Mackin' homie. - Chief2ndzOnly! have a beer on me - led No Message - led Happy b day - MARKBNLV 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MARKBNLV 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-A-D-AKISS View Post

Only foolproof system is to legalize all PEDs.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:58 AM
AllEyesOpen
Speech Cobra

Rep Power: 1465 AllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,196,982,394.22
Total Points: 2,198,073,985.17
cheers! - led 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWEBBJR View Post
They don't watch these guys piss for the test? I remember in college when they did the drug testing, they had NCAA officials with us in the restroom to make sure it was OUR urine going into the cup. It was pretty uncomfortable I might add.
Damn, really? were the just in the same room or were they staring at you dick?

Either way apparently it needs to be done, either that, blood testing, or just make PED use manditory.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:05 PM
V.WEBB
CBVM

Rep Power: 39 V.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond repute
For your Honeymoon, bless - Syf congrats homie - project xxx1 stay strong!! - Horus Poppppppp  this bottle for me - Horus No Message - Horus 
some wedding cake fo ya - DiLLiNGER wedding ring lol - DiLLiNGER No Message - DiLLiNGER For the Family Man!  To a happy and healthy life! - Lorily God Bless and Happy Holidays to you and your family! - Lorily 
Long overdue mate! - Tamis_Siensya somebody kick this racist - Band-Aid :fing02: - -jose- 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Toda Caine Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Horus Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - SekondzOut Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
Damn, really? were the just in the same room or were they staring at you dick?

Either way apparently it needs to be done, either that, blood testing, or just make PED use manditory.
LOL. Not necessarily staring at it, but watching you, if you know what I mean.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:10 PM
ThePrince
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 ThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 595,710,866,878.70
Total Points: 596,538,697,234.13
you're a good poster...have a beer - -pound4pound- who drinks just one beer? have another 1 - -pound4pound- No Message - Come∂ian No Message - Come∂ian No Message - jrosales13 
Ran out of green :/ cheers buddy - Beercules 

How stupid do you have to be to submit non Human urine? Did he just collect his dog's p*ss?

And that is strange that NSAC wouldn't supervise the urine collection. That's probably all they're going to change, although randomizing urine tests (especially out of competition) would make sense.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:19 PM
chav
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 27 chav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,364,069,384,492,885.50
Total Points: 2,364,069,384,499,739.50
for the times when you don't have a man - Freedom. Cheers m8 - Manny_ate_myDog for being a freedom fighter! - JAB5239 thanks for making me a billionaire again! cheers - Prawn Cornelius Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Merry Christmas my brotha! - jose830 You too, bud! - yoz thanks for the quick payment Papi! - jose830 coco pop lmao! thanks for the pics - jose830 Here's a fish in return papi! - jose830 
What's up papi! Long time Here's a burger the yank way to eat lol - jose830 and a healthy milkshake to wash it down - jose830 it has been a while geezer!!! hope your keeping good bro. - HUGH JASS Morning C-Dog, have a brew on me. - HUGH JASS Jesus dude,good to see around! - HughJass 
god bless you homie, lol, - Tha_Greatest 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWEBBJR View Post
The only time i've had to have a piss test i was watched by a male "doctor" to make sure it was my piss going in and not a bag of someone elses. there was no way i could have put in someone elses urine that day, no way at all.

the fact professional sporting bodies cant do it right doesnt surprise me, i think half of the time they are relaxed on purpose to avoid damaging business.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:21 PM
el malo
Last Of The Mo-Ricans!

Rep Power: 23 el malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 245,125,441,597.51
Total Points: 245,125,506,423.33
Black Trash The Autobiography of Kirk Jones, one of the most slept on Hiphop masterpieces, EVER.  Great fucking choice. - El Gallo Negro! Your posts are mostly right on the money homey. - mangler Have a treat homey. Luv readin your posts. - mangler I couldn't give you green K because I'm out for the day so have a gift.  Good poster, you are. - ABOSWORTH have a beer - MANGLER 

good. the nsac needs to get out of the stone age of drug testing. its way too easy to cheat.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:21 PM
V.WEBB
CBVM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav View Post
The only time i've had to have a piss test i was watched by a male "doctor" to make sure it was my piss going in and not a bag of someone elses. there was no way i could have put in someone elses urine that day, no way at all.

the fact professional sporting bodies cant do it right doesnt surprise me, i think half of the time they are relaxed on purpose to avoid damaging business.
Absolutely man. It was the same way for me. And, its quite sad that this happened. I also agree with the bold, which is why I don't think we will see blood testing done by the commissions.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:24 PM
AllEyesOpen
Speech Cobra

Rep Power: 1465 AllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,196,982,394.22
Total Points: 2,198,073,985.17
cheers! - led 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrince View Post
How stupid do you have to be to submit non Human urine? Did he just collect his dog's p*ss?

And that is strange that NSAC wouldn't supervise the urine collection. That's probably all they're going to change, although randomizing urine tests (especially out of competition) would make sense.
It probably wasn't animal urine. I think they sell an artificial urine to beat tests, but i'm not sure.