Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 03-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Dandiez1
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 Dandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 205,288.23
Default PPV buys for big 3 ppvs this year

I am just asking for predictions no insults to people opinions but give justification for your numbers. 2 of the three ppvs i am assuming occur

1. May 7 pacquiao vs mosley = 1.2 mil buys I know people will think that CBS exposure during final four and the fight camp 360 in cbs and they are both household names. However i have the fight selling 800k by its own but the cbs exposure bumps it up to 1.2mil buys

2. July 16 Cotto vs margarito II = 750k buys. I know people think this is crazy high but with the mexican and puerto rican support it matches the first fight of 450k buys. But this storyline if they put it on cbs for fight camp will bring in alot more people so i will say 750k buys.

3. Sep or Nov Pac vs Marquez 3 = 1.5 mil buys. I know this is extremely high but this is second biggest fight to be made in boxing. Pacquiao has been fed to everyone on hbo, showtime, cbs, ppv and is known worldwide as p4p number 1 and one of the best for years. However, marquez has been dead even with him the first two fights and has been doing great minus the mayweather fight since pac and him have last fought. People really need to understand that cbs hype on that show and commericals will make alot of buys just casual fans who like the buildup
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-20-2011, 01:20 PM
revs1227
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 revs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 472,960,407,855.18
Total Points: 475,254,661,790.43
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

SOME PRETTY BAD PREDICTIONS ...not liek i care but id say pac mosley does 750k
yeah its gonna be on cbs but at like 10am on a sat who the hels gona wacth then

the rest of those fights are not even made
but if they were
cotto marg 2 500k
pac jmm 700k
Old 03-20-2011, 01:20 PM
el malo
Last Of The Mo-Ricans!

Rep Power: 23 el malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 189,489,939,079.49
Total Points: 189,490,000,324.66
Black Trash The Autobiography of Kirk Jones, one of the most slept on Hiphop masterpieces, EVER.  Great fucking choice. - El Gallo Negro! Your posts are mostly right on the money homey. - mangler Have a treat homey. Luv readin your posts. - mangler I couldn't give you green K because I'm out for the day so have a gift.  Good poster, you are. - ABOSWORTH have a beer - MANGLER 

pac vs mosley 1 million(800k without cbs promotion)

cotto vs cheato 2, 500k

pac vs jmm 3, 1 million(pacquiao vs a mexican will always sell well)
Old 03-20-2011, 01:31 PM
RFPROBOX
Banned

Total Points: 1,001,445.59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandiez1 View Post
I am just asking for predictions no insults to people opinions but give justification for your numbers. 2 of the three ppvs i am assuming occur

1. May 7 pacquiao vs mosley = 1.2 mil buys I know people will think that CBS exposure during final four and the fight camp 360 in cbs and they are both household names. However i have the fight selling 800k by its own but the cbs exposure bumps it up to 1.2mil buys

2. July 16 Cotto vs margarito II = 750k buys. I know people think this is crazy high but with the mexican and puerto rican support it matches the first fight of 450k buys. But this storyline if they put it on cbs for fight camp will bring in alot more people so i will say 750k buys.

3. Sep or Nov Pac vs Marquez 3 = 1.5 mil buys. I know this is extremely high but this is second biggest fight to be made in boxing. Pacquiao has been fed to everyone on hbo, showtime, cbs, ppv and is known worldwide as p4p number 1 and one of the best for years. However, marquez has been dead even with him the first two fights and has been doing great minus the mayweather fight since pac and him have last fought. People really need to understand that cbs hype on that show and commericals will make alot of buys just casual fans who like the buildup
I don't think a Cotto/Margarito rematch will do those kind of numbers. It shouldn't be on PPV in my opinion.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:34 PM
el malo
Last Of The Mo-Ricans!

Rep Power: 23 el malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 189,489,939,079.49
Total Points: 189,490,000,324.66
Black Trash The Autobiography of Kirk Jones, one of the most slept on Hiphop masterpieces, EVER.  Great fucking choice. - El Gallo Negro! Your posts are mostly right on the money homey. - mangler Have a treat homey. Luv readin your posts. - mangler I couldn't give you green K because I'm out for the day so have a gift.  Good poster, you are. - ABOSWORTH have a beer - MANGLER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFPROBOX View Post
I don't think a Cotto/Margarito rematch will do those kind of numbers. It shouldn't be on PPV in my opinion.
pac vs mosley and jmm shouldn't be either but not because of pacquiao.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Check_hooks
The Don of NSB

Rep Power: 39 Check_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,246,519,266,113,318.50
Total Points: 1,246,519,266,124,674.50
for being skip bayless' neglected son - Antagonist have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Legend ass poster. Keeping dirty ass flomos on lockdown 24/7 - Neutral warrrrrrrrrrrrr pakyaw - Lotus Flower War Pac! - Talisayen 
Pac by brutal KO! - Talisayen best weekend ever - Fighting_Pride Pactard 4ever - -MARKAVELLI- Manny Manny Mannny - PAC-BOY No Message - Dehydrator 
Best dude wins - Capaedia you can name it lil pacquiao so you can shove it up your ass - xcaret IV check_hooks is the boss of all bosses - I'm so sorry check_hooks is a legend - thuggery I apologize it was uncalled for - Jloro 
happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley ATG poster - jas It's Pacquiaos, Put it in your mouth - BrushMyHair One of the greats - jas Great Loma vs GRJ Prediction - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Nemisis Gay and Lesbian Pride - NO PANIC! 

Pacquiao - Mosley, 1.25 million +

Cotto - Margarito II, 500k

Wlad vs David Haye 850k

Pacquiao vs JMM 3, under 1 million.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Redemption
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 Redemption is infamous around these partsRedemption is infamous around these partsRedemption is infamous around these partsRedemption is infamous around these partsRedemption is infamous around these partsRedemption is infamous around these partsRedemption is infamous around these partsRedemption is infamous around these partsRedemption is infamous around these partsRedemption is infamous around these partsRedemption is infamous around these parts
Bank: 27,624,447.81
Total Points: 27,633,683.69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check_hooks View Post
Pacquiao - Mosley, 1.25 million +

Cotto - Margarito II, 500k

Wlad vs David Haye 850k

Pacquiao vs JMM 3, under 1 million.
I will do that in the UK alone. Would it be PPV in the states?
Old 03-20-2011, 02:13 PM
ThePrince
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 ThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 363,104,163,271.73
Total Points: 363,931,980,748.89
you're a good poster...have a beer - -pound4pound- who drinks just one beer? have another 1 - -pound4pound- No Message - Come∂ian No Message - Come∂ian No Message - jrosales13 
Ran out of green :/ cheers buddy - Beercules 

Quote:
Originally Posted by revs1227 View Post
SOME PRETTY BAD PREDICTIONS ...not liek i care but id say pac mosley does 750k
yeah its gonna be on cbs but at like 10am on a sat who the hels gona wacth then

the rest of those fights are not even made
but if they were
cotto marg 2 500k
pac jmm 700k
I think the OP was on the money and I've been right about PPV buys the last 2 years or so, especially those concerning Pac. You thinking Pac-Marquez does less than Pac-Margarito is completely inexplicable... how do you come to that conclusion?

That's the fight that most people are calling for outside of Floyd for Manny. Marquez is looked at by Manny as the guy who has Pac's number and can beat him, they have a LONG history of great fights and great buys from their featherweight days (Pac-JMM 2 holds the record for most buys under 147 all time), there will be massive exposure and all out marketing.... but it will only do 700K buys, about 500K less than Margarito, a fight that many claimed they would 'boycott'? I'm not following your reasoning.

And Pac-Mosley does AT LEAST 1 mil, don't see why it would do Clottey numbers when Shane is much more recognizable, Manny is about to hit his peak of popularity with all the exposure, and the assistance of Fight Camp 360 and ads for the fight airing on CBS. But all they can muster is Clottey numbers with all this? Do people think things out fully before typing?

Cotto-Margartio I did 500K buys without a 24/7 and no major storyline beyond the top guys at welter going at it for a championship. The fight sold itself and became a modern classic. Now there's a ton of stories that will captivate audiences with Fight Camp- the obvious one being the plaster mystery, Steward giving Cotto a new gameplan, and the undercard is pretty solid so far (Cintron and Barrera announced). I wouldn't be at all surprised if it does 700-800K, especially if it has the same deal Pac-Mosley does with Fight Camp and ads on CBS.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Las Vegas,
BS Celebrity

Bank: 275,486.81
Total Points: 2,805,502.03
Cocaine's a hell of a drug. - The Crackhouse Cocaine's a hell of a drug. - The Crackhouse Cocaine's a hell of a drug. - The Crackhouse Cocaine's a hell of a drug. - The Crackhouse Cocaine's a hell of a drug. - The Crackhouse 
Cocaine's a hell of a drug. - The Crackhouse Cocaine's a hell of a drug. - The Crackhouse Cocaine's a hell of a drug. - The Crackhouse Cocaine's a hell of a drug. - The Crackhouse Cocaine's a hell of a drug. - The Crackhouse 
Thanks bro enjoy xmas! - komodo thanks! and merry christmas to you and yours as well. - AntonTheGreat thanks for the donation man! same to you, cheers! - chiguy91 Thank You!! - Thank Me Later No Message - BoZz 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - [KLTP] -Kirby- Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - [KLTP] -Kirby- Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - [KLTP] -Kirby- Childhood Cancer - [KLTP] -Kirby- Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - [KLTP] -Kirby- 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - [KLTP] -Kirby- Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - [KLTP] -Kirby- Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - [KLTP] -Kirby- Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - [KLTP] -Kirby- Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - [KLTP] -Kirby- 
Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - [KLTP] -Kirby- Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - [KLTP] -Kirby- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - [KLTP] -Kirby- Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - [KLTP] -Kirby- Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - [KLTP] -Kirby- 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - [KLTP] -Kirby- Autism - [KLTP] -Kirby- Autism - [KLTP] -Kirby- Gay and Lesbian Pride - [KLTP] -Kirby- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - el malo 

Pac vs. JMM 3 will surpass 1.3million for sure.

Pac vs. Mosley will do 1.1mill.

Cotto vs. Marg 2 will do 650k.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Dandiez1
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 Dandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 205,288.23

the prince had some great reasons. Just wanted to see what other people predict and think. For pac vs marquez 3 to be under 1.15 would make no sense now that marquez is bigger then margarito p4p and fan wise aand the history he has with pac man.