Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 03-19-2011, 12:22 AM
Vk985
Amateur

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,253.47
Default Is the lead hook supposed to consume more energy than the cross?

Every time I hit the heavy bag I do this routine where I throw 5 hooks in a row and then 5 crosses in a row, and keep repeating. I feel that the hooks require a lot more energy than the crosses do in order to be as effective. Is that the way it should be, or perhaps I'm not throwing my hooks the right way?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-19-2011, 02:25 AM
Frighteous
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 Frighteous has a reputation beyond reputeFrighteous has a reputation beyond reputeFrighteous has a reputation beyond reputeFrighteous has a reputation beyond reputeFrighteous has a reputation beyond reputeFrighteous has a reputation beyond reputeFrighteous has a reputation beyond reputeFrighteous has a reputation beyond reputeFrighteous has a reputation beyond reputeFrighteous has a reputation beyond reputeFrighteous has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 116,430.14
Total Points: 173,146.12

does your hook feel much stronger than your cross?
Old 03-19-2011, 02:30 AM
Frighteous
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 Frighteous has a reputation beyond reputeFrighteous has a reputation beyond reputeFrighteous has a reputation beyond reputeFrighteous has a reputation beyond reputeFrighteous has a reputation beyond reputeFrighteous has a reputation beyond reputeFrighteous has a reputation beyond reputeFrighteous has a reputation beyond reputeFrighteous has a reputation beyond reputeFrighteous has a reputation beyond reputeFrighteous has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 116,430.14
Total Points: 173,146.12

I know my lead hook does, I weave in to the left before I throw it though, I weave slow further out of range then shoot a jab and violently weave in and really just keep your right up (far up) on the wind up and delivery and from there you can do all kinds of things with looping shots, hop in with a left uppercut and then throw a left hook right on top of it (crazy **** but I've used it effectively because it sets up brutal combinations with the right hook and right cross) , another good move is weave right, weave left, left, left hook to the head and then blow out a 1-2 (jab cross) then weave right really fast and unload all your weight into a big right cross finishing the combo to either the body or head. Most importantly just make sure to always feel the opposition out with a jab and give him something to think about and have him get his guard up thinking defensive..that's what lead uppercuts and hooks are for ;P

Lead looping shots are a topic of interest for me, I like to utilize my lead hand ALOT...I probably use is 80% of the time. That old asian movie the one armed boxer, yeah, that's me

Last edited by Frighteous; 03-19-2011 at 02:33 AM.