Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Aussie Forum
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2011, 10:29 PM
UmarImranKhalil
Banned

Rep Power: 0 UmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond reputeUmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond reputeUmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond reputeUmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond reputeUmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond reputeUmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond reputeUmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond reputeUmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond reputeUmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond reputeUmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond reputeUmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,226,877.12
Total Points: 2,233,794.46

That's the same shoot as the first album cover, Ken Veeder behind the lens. Not sure of an online link to more (although, shots from it are doubtless scattered across the 'net), but I know there's a handful of nice extra shots from that photo session inside the Safari/USA 2fer booklet. That's one source off the top of my head. I'll scan and post 'emm up in here tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:31 PM
PEBBLES!
Banned

Bank: 185,677,884.59
Total Points: 1,277,346,483.00
welcome back - Freedom Fighter i just wanted to welcome you bakk with this gift and a nice big fukk u , lol, nyahahahahahaha, just playing, welcome bakk homie - Tha_Greatest welcome back buddy :) - Gorilla Dogs HALAL SUBWAY - DiLLiNGER one of the most enteratining and badass guys here - dj emz 
even though you are a deceitful baterd , lol, i cant hate you forever, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest stay up, my friend. - Willy Wanker merry xmas - Subtraction for the underrated stone roses!...long overdue - BritishBoxing92 Thanks for the downloads. - Barnburner 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest peace homie, lol, you made sully and demise your official bittches, lol, im off, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 
happy holidays akh - dj emzz 
Childhood Cancer - dj emz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmarImranKhalil View Post
Here for quick access (2:20),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIDwH0dkcoA

"Folks, if you knew..."

Whole show's been booted, might be out there on the internet in video form.
Pretty painful to watch - you can almost feel the misery etched on his face.

I don't understand why the brothers would let Dennis live like a homeless bum, during the years in his life he need the most support. Pretty cold-hearted if you ask me.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:33 PM
UmarImranKhalil
Banned

Rep Power: 0 UmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond reputeUmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond reputeUmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond reputeUmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond reputeUmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond reputeUmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond reputeUmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond reputeUmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond reputeUmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond reputeUmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond reputeUmarImranKhalil has a reputation beyond repute

That shot you've got sigged, from the SDVII cover, the group with Dennis' Sting-Ray, is killer.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:36 PM
PEBBLES!
Banned

welcome back - Freedom Fighter i just wanted to welcome you bakk with this gift and a nice big fukk u , lol, nyahahahahahaha, just playing, welcome bakk homie - Tha_Greatest welcome back buddy :) - Gorilla Dogs HALAL SUBWAY - DiLLiNGER one of the most enteratining and badass guys here - dj emz 
even though you are a deceitful baterd , lol, i cant hate you forever, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest stay up, my friend. - Willy Wanker merry xmas - Subtraction for the underrated stone roses!...long overdue - BritishBoxing92 Thanks for the downloads. - Barnburner 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest peace homie, lol, you made sully and demise your official bittches, lol, im off, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 

Quote:
That's the same shoot as the first album cover, Ken Veeder behind the lens. Not sure of an online link to more (although, shots from it are doubtless scattered across the 'net), but I know there's a handful of nice extra shots from that photo session inside the Safari/USA 2fer booklet. That's one source off the top of my head. I'll scan and post 'emm up in here tomorrow.

Yeah, the Surfin' Safari cover, minus the vehicle. I love that early Beach Boys image, more badass than any Stones cover.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:49 PM
UmarImranKhalil
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks! View Post
Pretty painful to watch - you can almost feel the misery etched on his face.

I don't understand why the brothers would let Dennis live like a homeless bum, during the years in his life he need the most support. Pretty cold-hearted if you ask me.
Seems that way, doesn't it?

I think with Brian, he was so out of it for Dennis' worst years, and his life wasn't even in his own hands by the time of Dennis' passing, that he wasn't really in a position to help. Was overwhelmed by Dennis in any personality sense, anyway.

Carl's personality I think was too passive to directly grab Dennis by the shirt-collar, and too, dunno what the word is, stuffy, prissy to cope with the madman his brother was in direct contact. You can see the pain in Carl's expression during one TV appearance in which Dennis appeared with the group stoned and acted up (it's in that BBC docu above), he seems concerned and upset but also embarrassed at the same time. By all accounts, he had Landy lined up to handle Dennis, based on the success Gene was having with Brian at the time (before Landy ran totally out of control with his methods). Dennis passed before that could happen. How it would have ended up had Dennis lived and been assigned to Landy, I have no idea.

Mike and Dennis had a lot of issues.

I love Dennis' loyalty to Brian -- whenever the group would question Bri's vision, Dennis would leap to his defence ("he put us here"). One of the biggest defenders of Brian's talent. Brian, meanwhile, always seems rocked that his brother could create music of the power he was creating.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:52 PM
UmarImranKhalil
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks! View Post

Yeah, the Surfin' Safari cover, minus the vehicle. I love that early Beach Boys image, more badass than any Stones cover.
Dave Marks just has a cooler look than Al.

Brian looks athletic back then.

Some great TV clips of that lineup.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:55 PM
UmarImranKhalil
Banned

Red Skelton, BOOM.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:02 PM
PEBBLES!
Banned

Quote:
Red Skelton, BOOM.

Love it, love it, love it.

Dennis looks like a badass in that clip, and to think Marks' was probably 14, 15?

ROFL at them white-folks breakin' out into a dance at the end. LMAOOOOO
Old 03-11-2011, 11:16 PM
UmarImranKhalil
Banned

Mike dancing with that chick cracks me up,
Old 03-12-2011, 06:56 AM
kaljurand
Amateur

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,866.05

ok ok ok .