Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 03-05-2011, 06:05 AM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 70 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,214,782,686,331,382.00
Total Points: 4,244,002,802,485,226.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh grant View Post
Pac is ahead of Duran. Pac is one man at the top of his proffesion and everyone looks up to the beacon of light that is Pac, and to a lesser degree Floyd.

With Duran he was never singled out as the best, rather than one of many bests.

People keep saying what Pac has done has never been done, and never may likely be done again. So you do the maths.
There are many historians who consider Roberto Duran the best fighter of the 70's. You know, the era Muhammad Ali was in?

Yeah. Slightlyyyyyy better than this era.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-05-2011, 06:06 AM
studentofthegam
Banned

Rep Power: 0 studentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.59
Total Points: 323,511.26
Thanks - Toney616 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass316 View Post
From what I see (again maybe I'm missing something), I have:

Duran Wins:
Leonard - 1
Palomino - 1
Buchanan - 1
Cuevas - 1

Duran Losses:
Benitez - 1
Hagler - 1
Hearns - 1
Leonard - 2

That's 4-5, not a winning record (unless I've missed someone again). And no I didn't see your post from page 9. I just saw the one post that you stated that he didn't have a losing record. At the time it stuck out to me because the only real HOFers that I thought he fought were the 3 from the fab 4 and benitez. Although BlackIrish pointed out others that I didn't know about. But even with the 3 I missed I still have him as sub .500

And lets not get into the math stuff. I can do a little basic math to say the least lol And I'm not really a floyd fan either
You have incredible patience because they will boxrec, use a life line, and google themselves to death to prove it wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosales13 View Post
LOL @ mentioning me,

To me an idiot is when they use the logic of Duran didn't beat anybody at LW.

Or that Duran lost to Camacho.

Which is terrible logic.

Or when people throw names like Paz being in the HOF when he's not.
Well he did lose to Camacho right?It fukin counts. You know why? Because the base for a lot of this arguement has been that the over the hill version of Duran still beat guys. If you can bring up his wins past prime then its only fair to bring up those losses too. Or maybe you're a Duranmo or a Durantard? LOL. Either way Im done with this topic.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:07 AM
Steak
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 35 Steak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 666,366,315.14
Total Points: 771,862,776.34
big sky tye video! - natas206 Couldn't give Karma, so i'll drink to that post - GreatJoe For being supportive of my boy Nate - Massage Queen good posters deserve donuts - Junito-Rulez One of the best posters on the site - Heebarican 
Favorite BoxingScene Asshole - DWiens421 Good poster. - Barnburner For all the hard work on those essays. - Barnburner 

people were debating if JCC was the GOAT once upon a time too...and he was an amazing 85-0(never been done before, and might never be done again). and he was considered the best in the world for a while too.

doesnt mean he magically is better than Duran either.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:16 AM
badass316
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 badass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 16,912,834,078.89
Total Points: 16,920,488,711.30
Send a message via AIM to badass316

Quote:
Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post
You have incredible patience because they will boxrec, use a life line, and google themselves to death to prove it wrong.
LoL, it sort of helps that the numbers (from the site) is tilted on my side a bit. Although BlackIrish certainly closed the gap on my initial though of a 1-5 record against HOFers when he pointed out the ones that I missed. In the end its nothing more than a friendly debate.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:24 AM
Steak
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 35 Steak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 666,366,315.14
Total Points: 771,862,776.34
big sky tye video! - natas206 Couldn't give Karma, so i'll drink to that post - GreatJoe For being supportive of my boy Nate - Massage Queen good posters deserve donuts - Junito-Rulez One of the best posters on the site - Heebarican 
Favorite BoxingScene Asshole - DWiens421 Good poster. - Barnburner For all the hard work on those essays. - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post

Well he did lose to Camacho right?It fukin counts. You know why? Because the base for a lot of this arguement has been that the over the hill version of Duran still beat guys. If you can bring up his wins past prime then its only fair to bring up those losses too. Or maybe you're a Duranmo or a Durantard? LOL. Either way Im done with this topic.
coming from the guy who doesnt know who Ken Buchanan or Carlos Palomino are.

dont you find yourself retarded that you count a loss against Duran when he was 50 years old? I mean, really?
Old 03-05-2011, 06:34 AM
studentofthegam
Banned

Rep Power: 0 studentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.59
Total Points: 323,511.26
Thanks - Toney616 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackirish137 View Post
coming from the guy who doesnt know who Ken Buchanan or Carlos Palomino are.

dont you find yourself retarded that you count a loss against Duran when he was 50 years old? I mean, really?
Im familiar with Buchanan and I went and took a look at Palomino. Wrong guy. They're good. They're not two fighters that put Pac's record to shame and one of these guys we're discussing is still fighting top guys so give it some time and it wont matter how much history you want to delete to make an arguement. I dont make excuses for other men and I'd like to think Duran wouldnt make excuses for himself nor accept your pitty.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:02 AM
check hook
Gay Pride

Rep Power: 23 check hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond reputecheck hook has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 109,813,522,807.92
Total Points: 209,819,835,248.21
putting pactards down - I'm so sorry WAR Floyd!! - LoadedWraps 

The level of ignorance on here is embarrassing. Roberto Duran is a boxing GOD!!
Old 03-05-2011, 09:55 AM
RubenSonny
Lagos State of Mind

Rep Power: 15 RubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,003,151,176,246.89
Total Points: 6,003,152,394,185.72
Well deserved! Great Poster! - Barnburner 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackirish137 View Post
people were debating if JCC was the GOAT once upon a time too...and he was an amazing 85-0(never been done before, and might never be done again). and he was considered the best in the world for a while too.

doesnt mean he magically is better than Duran either.
The majority of them were bums, however going undefeated against Mayweather, Taylor, Castillo, Haugen, Lockridge, Ramirez is amazing.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:57 AM
-Lowkey-
Winter is coming

Rep Power: 13 -Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,630,968,050,488.39
Total Points: 1,631,075,127,414.94
:) - Bossy Hidden treasures of the Dothraki - Terrel 

Duran hands down

Best light weight of all time 71-1 record.

Beat a PRIME UNDEFEATED Sugar Ray Leonard at SRL natural weight class (no catch weight needed)

He held world titles at four different weights—lightweight (1972–79), welterweight (1980), junior middleweight (1983–84) and middleweight (1989) again no catch weights needed.

Durán is the only man in boxing history to win fights in 5 separate decades. He registered wins in the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and the 2000s.

I could list more... but I think I proved my point Durans legacy beats Pacs hands down.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:06 AM
-Lowkey-
Winter is coming

Rep Power: 13 -Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,630,968,050,488.39
Total Points: 1,631,075,127,414.94
:) - Bossy Hidden treasures of the Dothraki - Terrel 

Its like saying Justin Bieber is a better pop star than prime MJ.

Half of you people have no concept of boxing history and true legends such as Roberto 'Manos de Piedra' Duran.

Educate yourselves.