Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 03-05-2011, 04:47 AM
studentofthegam
Banned

Rep Power: 0 studentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.59
Total Points: 320,309.26
Thanks - Toney616 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
I think what he's trying to say is those 2 weren't ranked in the Top 10 at the weight fought at that time.

Then again neither were Palomino or Cuevas. But beating Palomino and Cuevas when Duran did is certainly better than DLH and Margarito when Pacqiauo has.

How can you not knock picking Pacqiauo though? Seriously. It's so so evident Roberto Duran has a better resume and legacy.
If you look back I picked Duran decisively for now. I just hate when someone says Pac and then their called an idiot or uneducated. What he's done so far isnt leaps and bounds behind any great fighter in history. He close thats all I'm saying. These guys use boxrec just like anybody else. Hell Jro is 26. Who the f*uck did he see in their prime. Im 30 and missed most of it. Everybody wants to act like they're a walkin boxing dictionary but even fights you saw live need a quick study at times.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-05-2011, 04:47 AM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 67 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,728,890,381,207,350.50
Total Points: 1,758,110,497,336,835.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackirish137 View Post
Palomino was the lineal champ just one fight prior to fighting Duran. he was definitely top 5 when Duran beat him.

Cuevas was not, which is why I mentioned in the list that he was indeed past prime.
Your right it was instantly after the Duran fight he was out of the top 10 not after the Benitez fight. So yes your right he was.

So it's only Cuevas.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:48 AM
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Rep Power: 77 jrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3.85
Total Points: 383,418,954,129.09
13 burgers - Dambala Good poster - Mucus Great poster/member award! - jazluvr Leader of the MannyPac Mafia, a real OG - Erik13 For being one of the most solid posters in the History of BoxingScene!!!!  Keep on posting bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! 
more beer - -pound4pound- Maidana p4p GOAT - Dick Buffman These are really good - jazluvr This place would not be the same without you Jro... you rock - Lorily for being a great poster - led 
For keepin' it real - jazluvr hope you get drunk :) - led Thanks for hooking me up with your cousin - Heebarican oscar haters need beer - -pound4pound- Merry X-mas!!! - HandSpeed303 
Happy Holidays Jro! - Lorily Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger Here is a beer for you homie!! - el20cuatro Fellow Leuzinger Olympian - MANIAC310 Happy Holidays JRo! - Lorily 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MANIAC310 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass316 View Post
From what I see (again maybe I'm missing something), I have:

Duran Wins:
Leonard - 1
Palomino - 1
Buchanan - 1
Cuevas - 1

Duran Losses:
Benitez - 1
Hagler - 1
Hearns - 1
Leonard - 2

That's 4-5, not a winning record (unless I've missed someone again). And no I didn't see your post from page 9. I just saw the one post that you stated that he didn't have a losing record. At the time it stuck out to me because the only real HOFers that I thought he fought were the 3 from the fab 4 and benitez. Although BlackIrish pointed out others that I didn't know about. But even with the 3 I missed I still have him as sub .500

And lets not get into the math stuff. I can do a little basic math to say the least lol And I'm not really a floyd fan either
DeJesus is on the World boxing Hall of fame....And, Duran went 2-1 with him 6-6
Old 03-05-2011, 04:53 AM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 67 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosales13 View Post
Is Kobayashi considered a HOF'er? I don't recall him ever being inducted off the top of my head.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:54 AM
badass316
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 badass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,128,492,944.64
Total Points: 8,136,146,150.36
Send a message via AIM to badass316

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackirish137 View Post
fact: DLH and Margarito were not ranked in any division when Pacquiao beat them. DLH did nothing after the Pacquiao fight, he retired after looking god awful. every one of Durans wins I listed were either top in the division when he fought them or went on to do great things.

if Margarito goes on to do anything after the Pacquiao fight, then I think its fair that I give Pacquiao credit for the win.
DLH and Margaritto may not have been ranked in the top 10 at the time Pacquiao fought them but given the circumstances Pacquiao had to deal with they were still great achievements (the DLH more so than Margs). I think Pacquiao's stoppage of DLH is actually more impressive than his KO win over the 140 lineal champ Hatton.

It seems like you're trying discredit the DLH win as much as possible, but let's give credit where credit is due. Stopping a guy two weight classes above you, whose only been stopped once in his career (a great career for that matter), is pretty damn impressive in my opinion. Maybe, just maybe, Pacquiao had a little bit to do with him looking awful than him showing his age.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:55 AM
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Rep Power: 77 jrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond repute
13 burgers - Dambala Good poster - Mucus Great poster/member award! - jazluvr Leader of the MannyPac Mafia, a real OG - Erik13 For being one of the most solid posters in the History of BoxingScene!!!!  Keep on posting bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! 
more beer - -pound4pound- Maidana p4p GOAT - Dick Buffman These are really good - jazluvr This place would not be the same without you Jro... you rock - Lorily for being a great poster - led 
For keepin' it real - jazluvr hope you get drunk :) - led Thanks for hooking me up with your cousin - Heebarican oscar haters need beer - -pound4pound- Merry X-mas!!! - HandSpeed303 
Happy Holidays Jro! - Lorily Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger Here is a beer for you homie!! - el20cuatro Fellow Leuzinger Olympian - MANIAC310 Happy Holidays JRo! - Lorily 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MANIAC310 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 

Quote:
Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post
If you look back I picked Duran decisively for now. I just hate when someone says Pac and then their called an idiot or uneducated. What he's done so far isnt leaps and bounds behind any great fighter in history. He close thats all I'm saying. These guys use boxrec just like anybody else. Hell Jro is 26. Who the f*uck did he see in their prime. Im 30 and missed most of it. Everybody wants to act like they're a walkin boxing dictionary but even fights you saw live need a quick study at times.
LOL @ mentioning me,

To me an idiot is when they use the logic of Duran didn't beat anybody at LW.

Or that Duran lost to Camacho.

Which is terrible logic.

Or when people throw names like Paz being in the HOF when he's not.
badass316
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 badass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond reputebadass316 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,128,492,944.64
Total Points: 8,136,146,150.36
Send a message via AIM to badass316

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosales13 View Post
I don't see him listed in here:

http://www.ibhof.com/pages/about/inductees/modern.html

Which is why I didn't consider him.
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Quote:
Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post
But that's the thing though. It actually is leaps and bounds behind MANY.

That's why when people make these claims, that response is given.

Last edited by IronDanHamza; 03-05-2011 at 05:00 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:56 AM
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
Is Kobayashi considered a HOF'er? I don't recall him ever being inducted off the top of my head.
I don't think so.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:02 AM
hugh grant
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 43 hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,038,344,720.21
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 

Pac is ahead of Duran. Pac is one man at the top of his proffesion and everyone looks up to the beacon of light that is Pac, and to a lesser degree Floyd.

With Duran he was never singled out as the best, rather than one of many bests.

People keep saying what Pac has done has never been done, and never may likely be done again. So you do the maths.