Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 09-11-2005, 04:27 PM
shai_hulud
Amateur

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,102.00
Default New Boxing Hopeful

Hello, I am a new student at OSU, and I found out recently that they give free boxing lessons here.

Anyways, the class is filled up, but not many will show up, so I'll probably sneak in. I haven't had any experiencing boxing at all, just fighting. I'm 18 and weigh 140, about 5'11.5", and am broad about the shoulders. I'm left handed too, don't know how that affects learning. My endurance is ok at best.

If I work my ass off, can I become a decent boxer?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-11-2005, 05:01 PM
boxstarr
King of Limey Lounge

Rep Power: 34 boxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 3,810,750.06

left handed gives you an advantage in the ring but trainers hate to train in revrse

insist that they do so that you can walk right handed boxers onto your punches with ease. then learn right handed too so you can switch mid-round

the rest can easily be worked on
Old 09-11-2005, 05:21 PM
.Go To Sleep.
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 .Go To Sleep. will become famous soon enough.Go To Sleep. will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 17,216.00

Sorry to say this man, but if it's a boxing class and it's completely free, then it's probably just a cardio class. I doubt it's a serious boxing class in terms of learning how to box. But hopefully I'm wrong.

Try it out and tell us how the classes are set up.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:34 AM
shai_hulud
Amateur

Total Points: 12,102.00

Well, it turns out that the classes are entirely full, and suprisingly people are showing up for them.

I have a connection to the coach though and I'll ask if he's got an extra spot.

From what I've hear they gotta pretty good bunch. He's got the new guys and girls doing a LOT of endurance exercises.

Since I'm kinda out of shape (and on my own), I've been doing strength training (with lifting heavy weights quickly) on Mon, Wed, and Fri, then doing cardio and toning on Tues, Thurs, Sat. Sunday I do a little of both.

I've cut soda out of my diet and started eating on schedule and planning what I'm going to eat. I'm also taking vitamins, drinking more water, and stretching in the morning and before bed.

Now I just need to start boxing (and refining my exercising).

Any suggestions please?
Old 09-16-2005, 03:05 AM
xzworks
Randy Suico Fan

Rep Power: 21493 xzworks has a reputation beyond reputexzworks has a reputation beyond reputexzworks has a reputation beyond reputexzworks has a reputation beyond reputexzworks has a reputation beyond reputexzworks has a reputation beyond reputexzworks has a reputation beyond reputexzworks has a reputation beyond reputexzworks has a reputation beyond reputexzworks has a reputation beyond reputexzworks has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,787,082,744.18
Total Points: 5,787,170,854.73
pre superman para sayo - Talisayen parallelogram sa inyo bossing - Jack Napier 
Send a message via Yahoo to xzworks

don't lose the drive.