Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Was Buster Douglas KO Mike Tyson boxing's biggest upset ever?
Yes 47 83.93%
No 4 7.14%
Maybe 5 8.93%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 02-23-2011, 04:54 PM
jimmy1569
Banned

Rep Power: 0 jimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 150,290,780.77
To help wipe away the tears after the Klitschkos are KO'd by Wilder - Deal With It Vitali Klitschko is an ATG - Freedom. Vitali beats any HW from any era - MASTERFUL So you can put it on each time you kiss the Klitschkos' asses. - ShoulderRoll Merry Christmas & a happy NY! - dancovboxer 
Klitschko's are the best broski, THE best! - dancovboxer school them haters - Superflo777 

Also..let's NOT forget Chris Byrd vs Vitali Klitschko..... Vitali was 27-0.. all wins coming by way of knockout>>> best start in heavyweight history.. Byrd was crying like a little bytch when the victory was handed to him on a gold platter.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-23-2011, 05:05 PM
joseph5620
undisputed

Rep Power: 20 joseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,512,633,865,340.91
Total Points: 14,555,638,988,536.34
a knowledgeable poster - Carnivore Great Poster! - Barnburner I would say you have the IQ of a rodent. But that would be an insult to the rodent.. - Unknown Champ quality posts - Stokely cheers mate - The Noose 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
I was 13. Me and my Maw were Tyson fans since the begining. That fight had a funny air about it, and I remember tellin my Maw, that somethin aint right. I thought the fight was gonna be over and that I was trippin in the 8th when Mike KD Buster(I still to this day believe the ref gave a long count, Buster aint beat that count shoulda been a KO for Mike ). I'll never forget we were yellin at the TV(Like he coulda heard us)for Mike to forget about the mouthpeice and just get up. Mike(to me atleast)was the last world's baddest man.
I was 12 at the time and one of my friends pissed me off because he saved all of the newspaper headlines from the next day lol. I was playing for my school basketball team and they announced it on the speakers. It was shocking and I'll never forget that. I was a big Tyson fan in those days.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Since 1985
Since 1895

Rep Power: 15 Since 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,546,195,295.68
Total Points: 1,031,467,336,211.52
Happy birthday - DonMega 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

I heard Tyson spent more time fooling around with Japanese women than training for the fight, and it cost him in the end. Furthermore, Douglas had just lost his mother prior to the fight, nothing was going to stop Buster that night. What a story that was!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Las Vegas,
BS Celebrity

Bank: 275,486.81
Total Points: 2,807,325.03
Cocaine's a hell of a drug. - The Crackhouse Cocaine's a hell of a drug. - The Crackhouse Cocaine's a hell of a drug. - The Crackhouse Cocaine's a hell of a drug. - The Crackhouse Cocaine's a hell of a drug. - The Crackhouse 
Cocaine's a hell of a drug. - The Crackhouse Cocaine's a hell of a drug. - The Crackhouse Cocaine's a hell of a drug. - The Crackhouse Cocaine's a hell of a drug. - The Crackhouse Cocaine's a hell of a drug. - The Crackhouse 
Thanks bro enjoy xmas! - komodo thanks! and merry christmas to you and yours as well. - AntonTheGreat thanks for the donation man! same to you, cheers! - chiguy91 Thank You!! - Thank Me Later No Message - BoZz 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - [KLTP] -Kirby- Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - [KLTP] -Kirby- Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - [KLTP] -Kirby- Childhood Cancer - [KLTP] -Kirby- Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - [KLTP] -Kirby- 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - [KLTP] -Kirby- Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - [KLTP] -Kirby- Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - [KLTP] -Kirby- Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - [KLTP] -Kirby- Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - [KLTP] -Kirby- 
Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - [KLTP] -Kirby- Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - [KLTP] -Kirby- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - [KLTP] -Kirby- Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - [KLTP] -Kirby- Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - [KLTP] -Kirby- 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - [KLTP] -Kirby- Autism - [KLTP] -Kirby- Autism - [KLTP] -Kirby- Gay and Lesbian Pride - [KLTP] -Kirby- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - el malo 

Maybe.

I consider Foreman over Moorer a bigger upset, but that's just me.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Chief2ndzOnly!
Long Live Walt Liquor!!!!

Rep Power: 388 Chief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 715,170,685,865,341,824.00
Total Points: 715,616,192,067,253,632.00
happy new year chief my man,that ass what a beauty - HUGH JASS thanks for making me feel welcome in here homie all jokes aside you one of the few realest one in here have a safe one bro! - jose830 Hitting you with green is like Seeing a total eclipse...... Once every 72 years :lol1: - Terrel happy new year homey - -MAKAVELLI- Hey big bro thanks for the point bump - Rome-By-Ko 
To a great poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA No Message - ROSS CALIFORNIA A man with a big heart! - jazluvr Top man!!! - Jeff Da Maori From you're good friend Ross - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
From you're good friend Ross - ROSS CALIFORNIA a tresured friend! - jazluvr And a true hero - jazluvr To The C-Foundation! Spitting e flames like they from a book. My brother has the gift of words - Master Cvnt :usa2: - BulgariasFinest 
You deserve more of these bro - Alx. For the Blues - BulgariasFinest I salute you, Big Chief! Be well. - Fistic It would not let me green you, but it would allow me to give you this toast. - deanrw Merry Christmas Chief - TBear 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1569 View Post
That long count is NOT Douglas' FAULT. He went by what the referee's count was. If the count was quicker..he would've got up quicker. The way Don KING TRIED to spin things when Mike was getting his a$$ handed to him on a platter was borderline criminal. Mike did show heart that night coming up with that punch & if that would've been ruled a KO it would've covered up everything that was wrong with him. People would've bought the fact that Mike could show up at 50% & still KTFO any time he wanted to. Buster was the better fighter that night & justice prevailed as he earned the knockout of Tyson & was the better man that night... end of story!
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Slick. Nobody said the count was Buster's fault, where the heel did you see that at? I simply stated that even as a 13 year old kid, I saw that the count was long(I havent watched that fight since THAT night, and wont watch it ever again. I saw all I needed to see of that fight 21 years ago bruh). Mike deserved to lose that night and he did. he did not prepare properly for that fight, and had all the wrong people around him at the time. Mind you I'm lookin back on it as I saw it 21 years ago.

The end of story comment was unnecessary. Whatever Justice you feel needed to be exacted(it seems to me)is something that you're gonna have to work out internally bruh.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Chief2ndzOnly!

Rep Power: 388 Chief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond repute
happy new year chief my man,that ass what a beauty - HUGH JASS thanks for making me feel welcome in here homie all jokes aside you one of the few realest one in here have a safe one bro! - jose830 Hitting you with green is like Seeing a total eclipse...... Once every 72 years :lol1: - Terrel happy new year homey - -MAKAVELLI- Hey big bro thanks for the point bump - Rome-By-Ko 
To a great poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA No Message - ROSS CALIFORNIA A man with a big heart! - jazluvr Top man!!! - Jeff Da Maori From you're good friend Ross - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
From you're good friend Ross - ROSS CALIFORNIA a tresured friend! - jazluvr And a true hero - jazluvr To The C-Foundation! Spitting e flames like they from a book. My brother has the gift of words - Master Cvnt :usa2: - BulgariasFinest 
You deserve more of these bro - Alx. For the Blues - BulgariasFinest I salute you, Big Chief! Be well. - Fistic It would not let me green you, but it would allow me to give you this toast. - deanrw Merry Christmas Chief - TBear 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph5620 View Post
I was 12 at the time and one of my friends pissed me off because he saved all of the newspaper headlines from the next day lol. I was playing for my school basketball team and they announced it on the speakers. It was shocking and I'll never forget that. I was a big Tyson fan in those days.
Me too bruh. You couldnt've paid me to believe Iron Mike Tyson could lose.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Chief2ndzOnly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootWork777 View Post
I heard Tyson spent more time fooling around with Japanese women than training for the fight, and it cost him in the end. Furthermore, Douglas had just lost his mother prior to the fight, nothing was going to stop Buster that night. What a story that was!
Absolutely. That night had a feel in the air bruh. I lie to you not.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Since 1985
Since 1895

Rep Power: 15 Since 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,546,195,295.68
Total Points: 1,031,467,336,211.52
Happy birthday - DonMega 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by [KLTP]Kirby View Post
Maybe.

I consider Foreman over Moorer a bigger upset, but that's just me.
Yeah who thought a 45 year old George Foreman would become heavyweight champion? But Douglas vs Tyson and Clay vs Liston were much bigger upsets imo.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:03 PM
El Fenomeno
Agueroooooooo!!!!

Rep Power: 22 El Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 55,486,827,932.66
Got no g to give u. Heres the beer! - led One more - led treasure 4 ya - cannonball_X Merry Christmas - Flab merry christmas cunt:] - dj emzz 
thanks bro! :beerchug: - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

I'm struggling to think of a bigger upset in sporting history tbh.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:04 PM
jimmy1569
Banned

Rep Power: 0 jimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond reputejimmy1569 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 150,290,780.77
To help wipe away the tears after the Klitschkos are KO'd by Wilder - Deal With It Vitali Klitschko is an ATG - Freedom. Vitali beats any HW from any era - MASTERFUL So you can put it on each time you kiss the Klitschkos' asses. - ShoulderRoll Merry Christmas &amp; a happy NY! - dancovboxer 
Klitschko's are the best broski, THE best! - dancovboxer school them haters - Superflo777 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Slick. Nobody said the count was Buster's fault, where the heel did you see that at? I simply stated that even as a 13 year old kid, I saw that the count was long(I havent watched that fight since THAT night, and wont watch it ever again. I saw all I needed to see of that fight 21 years ago bruh). Mike deserved to lose that night and he did. he did not prepare properly for that fight, and had all the wrong people around him at the time. Mind you I'm lookin back on it as I saw it 21 years ago.

The end of story comment was unnecessary. Whatever Justice you feel needed to be exacted(it seems to me)is something that you're gonna have to work out internally bruh.
Son...not talking so much to you as to the peeps who brought into that whack conspirancy theory as if Mike deserved the knockout somehow. Hold your horses. You're a Mike Tyson fan & you saw the fight as it actually happened. Just pointed it out the fact that you mentioned the long count & how Don King rolled with that..shoot Mike was there..he'd be the first to tell anyone he wasn't the better man that night & got beat fair & square... kapish.