Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 02-20-2011, 06:06 AM
mickey malone
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,238,704,061.32
Total Points: 2,248,931,882.87
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 
Default Jeremy Williams Lennox Lewis Sparring Session

There's a video of this knocking about somewhere, has anyone seen this or got it?.. It's quite amusing actually. They're sparring for about 30 seconds when Williams (who's also quite well schooled in mma) suddenly puts a judo throw on Lewis and sends him sprawling. Lewis gets straight back up & starts complaining. Williams kind'a says sorry and they continue to spar when again, Williams throws him to the ground, but with more intent making Lewis land more heavily onto the canvas.. This time he gets back up and throws a wobbler, yelling at Williams, "Your picking on the wrong guy if you want to fuk around."

While on the subject, what are your thoughts on Jeremy Williams?..
I've always regarded him as a very talented fighter which beggars the question, How far he may have gone had his punch resistance been better.
Sam Peter caught him with a shot that would've put an Ox to sleep, so was it down to a leaky defense or was he more of a chinless wonder?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-20-2011, 06:30 AM
CiganoBoxer
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 CiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,166,831.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey malone View Post
There's a video of this knocking about somewhere, has anyone seen this or got it?.. It's quite amusing actually. They're sparring for about 30 seconds when Williams (who's also quite well schooled in mma) suddenly puts a judo throw on Lewis and sends him sprawling. Lewis gets straight back up & starts complaining. Williams kind'a says sorry and they continue to spar when again, Williams throws him to the ground, but with more intent making Lewis land more heavily onto the canvas.. This time he gets back up and throws a wobbler, yelling at Williams, "Your picking on the wrong guy if you want to fuk around."

While on the subject, what are your thoughts on Jeremy Williams?..
I've always regarded him as a very talented fighter which beggars the question, How far he may have gone had his punch resistance been better.
Sam Peter caught him with a shot that would've put an Ox to sleep, so was it down to a leaky defense or was he more of a chinless wonder?
I got that video ...Lewis is basiclly giving Williams a hiding in sparring and using him like a punch bag ,Then when Williams had enough he throws his rattle out the pram and decides to use judo to get the upper hand
Old 02-20-2011, 07:01 AM
Quarry
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,223.36

i have this video it was shown on Sky TV the night of Lewis vs Rahman. what i found interesting is Williams says he has been in training camp with both Riddick Bowe and Mike Tyson and that Lewis was a *****cat compared to those guys and Bowe would murder Lennox should they have ever met, the video is on youtube

Old 02-20-2011, 08:04 AM
mickey malone
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 mickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond reputemickey malone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,238,704,061.32
Total Points: 2,248,931,882.87
1000 posts right around the bend...congrats! - JAB5239 For bringing up Schmeling's classy actions! - poet682006 Nothing But Respect For You Mate - 0Rooster4Life0 To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage For fighting the Wanker Snopkins - HaglerSteelChin 
Well deserved. - Barnburner you need this for floyd - Weltschmerz kick this old butt hurt faqqot - Weltschmerz 

Lol, nice one!.. Thanks to Quarry for the vids. Williams is a bit of a ****y so & so isn't he..
Old 02-20-2011, 09:35 AM
The Surgeon
Days Of Glory

Rep Power: 54 The Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 187,446,455,662.70
Total Points: 300,431,329,402.76
Happy 18th  Birthday, Braveheart - jreckoning Yes, Cheers Amigo! - anonymousboxing Thanks for your support - Massage Queen toasting the anglo-scottish alliance - mr.crust Cotto = The man - Animalistic 
Keep visiting the History Section man! - Barnburner To one of  the really good guys in the History section. - Terry A For my best boxing scene mate - BigStereotype Who the ***k is HALGER ????? - McGoorty I know how much the scottish love their flowers so I thought I'd be nice and get you one. - eli porter 
congrats on your first article for KO Digest - fitefanSHO Green :) - dancovboxer cheers - hhs661 CHEERS MATE !!! - BERNIE'S CORNER jaja! pa la victoria de cotto! - Sin City 
For Cotto! - 120 Cheers - typeone Happy New Year! - Scott9945 Cpngrats - typeone Merry Christmas! - TartanSoldier 
Autism - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Surgeon 

Yeah ive seen that before, good stuff tho! Williams wasnt very good imo Mickey weak chin average Defence nothing special but a likeable character none the less
Old 02-20-2011, 10:02 AM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 101 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 126,203,297,663,788.19
Total Points: 132,205,979,314,963.81
Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 
thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe 
for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 
top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass 

those are hip throws.
and they are good ones.

"Not this close to a fight"
"it's too close to a fight for this ****"
Old 02-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Holtol
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 Holtol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond reputeHoltol has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,486,611.29
Total Points: 3,092,341.78
Good Poster. - Barnburner Cheers! - poet682006 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
those are hip throws.
and they are good ones.

"Not this close to a fight"
"it's too close to a fight for this ****"
Those were not really hip throws, first throw was basicly an obstruction foot sweep. You can see he uses his right foot to pull Lennox over it. Second was basicly an Osoto Gari throw or major outer reap in english. That was foolish of him to do that to Lennox.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Joeyzagz
Soir

Rep Power: 23 Joeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,114,453,750.79
Total Points: 31,271,574,776.20
Have an e-beer on me - F•R•K•O what a dummy you are - Freedom. still in the red after years of posting here - Freedom. troll - Simurgh 

Lennox caused this same agonizing frustration to every fighter he faced. People just lose there marbles when they realize just how big, fast and coordinated he really is. Its demoralizing, and thats why Williams and Akinwande reacted the way they did.

There is not a single opponent from 1-41 who would say Lennox was an easy adversary. Even the most successful of the 41 left the ring in shame and embarassment.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:18 PM
RINGG
Don't ask me

Rep Power: 150 RINGG has a reputation beyond reputeRINGG has a reputation beyond reputeRINGG has a reputation beyond reputeRINGG has a reputation beyond reputeRINGG has a reputation beyond reputeRINGG has a reputation beyond reputeRINGG has a reputation beyond reputeRINGG has a reputation beyond reputeRINGG has a reputation beyond reputeRINGG has a reputation beyond reputeRINGG has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,400,486,562,204,623.50
Total Points: 1,400,486,562,206,080.75
Ring RINGG Ringaling.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Congrats on 20K solid KO's,, - !! AI-Holmes!! These are great - jazluvr Thanks, drink up. - Round 1 Ice cold. - Hard Dick 
here you go bro - chiguy91 cocktail hour - MANGLER uploads! - BostonGuy uploads! - BostonGuy uploads! - BostonGuy 
uploads! - BostonGuy Have a cold one on me bud - jazluvr have a snack - MANGLER No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest For 23k posts - Round 1 merry christmas - the collector Happy holidays bro! - led* Keep it in the fridge for a few days :-) All the best mate! - Thunder62 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ??? Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 

that video was floating around download sections a couple years ago but I watched it and deleted it.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:51 AM
Mr. Philadel
#215Boxing

Location: Everywhere you NEVER BEEN....I'm better than I've EVER BEEN!
Rep Power: 66 Mr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 578,449,627,017.19
Total Points: 620,350,321,111.44
For being a good sport. - F-R-K-O Vodka &amp;amp; Red Bull for ya! - BattlingNelson for the green homey - NewYork For a super poster! - jazluvr hopkins finna whoop pascal AGAIN - Tha Executioner 
No Message - Tha Executioner No Message - arraamis respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Awesome post on Miguel Cotto...cheers! - jose830 
Great post bro! keep up the good work. - codey just cause you a philly boy - SpeedKillz Real recognize real. - SnakeVen0m Happy New Year - Freedom. philly swagg, walking BK outta the house - thuggery 
Team Swift all day! - KeepItObjective A+ poster,one of the very best. - Scott.Weiland. war bhop! - jas Congrats on the baby girl :fing02: - -jose- Good look - Shambrolic 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyZagz View Post
Lennox caused this same agonizing frustration to every fighter he faced. People just lose there marbles when they realize just how big, fast and coordinated he really is. Its demoralizing, and thats why Williams and Akinwande reacted the way they did.

There is not a single opponent from 1-41 who would say Lennox was an easy adversary.
Even the most successful of the 41 left the ring in shame and embarassment.
this is so TRUE!!!!