Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-18-2011, 11:29 AM
V.WEBB
CBVM

Rep Power: 39 V.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,458,937,993,726.63
Total Points: 3,464,435,500,796.02
For your Honeymoon, bless - Syf congrats homie - project xxx1 stay strong!! - Horus Poppppppp  this bottle for me - Horus No Message - Horus 
some wedding cake fo ya - DiLLiNGER wedding ring lol - DiLLiNGER No Message - DiLLiNGER For the Family Man!  To a happy and healthy life! - Lorily God Bless and Happy Holidays to you and your family! - Lorily 
Long overdue mate! - Tamis_Siensya somebody kick this racist - Band-Aid :fing02: - -jose- 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Toda Caine Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Horus Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - SekondzOut Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 
Default Pernell whitaker: "zab has the same abilities that i have"

PERNELL WHITAKER: "ZAB HAS THE SAME ABILITIES THAT I HAVE"
By Press Release | February 18, 2011

"I don't train guys to be like me, I help guys to do the things that work for them. If I can teach you how to hit and not get hit, then that's a blessing for you. Zab has the same abilities that I have but Zab still has to put it together and do it the way that Zab knows how to do it," stated Hall of Fame legend Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker as he talked about the work he's been doing with Zab Judah during a conference to promote Judah's upcoming March 5th clash with Kaiber Mabuza for the IBF jr. welterweight title. Check it out!

Pernell Whitaker: "You can't even imagine the feelings I am having right now about this kid (Judah). He's like a student all over again, it's like re-teaching the guy some of the best things about himself. Nobody probably knows better than me, other than his father, about his fight game. It's been easy for me to give him the transformation to do all the things I know he can do very well, and to please the crowd."

"Zab had a different mentality (before training with Whitaker). It's not Zab's style being a knock out artist and trying to prove that he could punch. He's a finesse fighter, he has probably the quickest hands in the sport and he has power. So he has to let all those things come together."

"I'm a scientist now, I'm not a boxer, but I was a legend, I wasn't just a boxer. I knew the game from A to Z. You can come to me with your opinion, but I know the facts. So what I'm doing with this young man is giving him the facts. If I think something don't work, we won't do it. I don't take no risks, there's no carelessness."

"I don't train guys to be like me, I help guys to do the things that work for them. If I can teach you how to hit and not get hit, then that's a blessing for you. Zab has the same abilities that I have but Zab still has to put it together and do it the way that Zab knows how to do it."

"If the fight is scheduled 12 rounds, we're prepared to go 12 rounds. My job is to make sure he's ready to give you people 12 solid rounds. If anything less happens (rounds) that's just a tribute to his hard work."

"I'm a defensive fighter. That's the first thing I'm going to remind him of, how to not get hit. That's the main goal. To hit and not get hit is a beautiful feeling."

(What does Zab have to do to get to the top of his 140lb division?) "All he has to do is stay focused. He's transformed into something totally different than I've seen in old Zab. He's a new father, he has a beautiful family, he's into his church thing and his religion. He's just more settled down than the Zab that I've seen in the past. When he boxes the way he knows how to box, I can't see nobody in this division out-boxing Zab."

"I think (in the past) the head butts have been his biggest downfall. He's been through a couple of those. So it's my main focus to keep his head out of there. Keep him out of trouble; keep him out of danger spots."

"It's been a phenomenal 4 weeks so far with Zab. He's been looking me right in the eye cause he wants to know these things. He wants to get it down right. So now I'm gonna put all those things together; the finesse; the speed; and the power that he does have. I want to put all three of those things together into one and let him work it out March 5th. What you're gonna get this time is some good boxing, some great defense and a good jab."

"I haven't seen anything exciting in the sport in a long time, but I know I will on March 5th when I see this young man (Judah) go out there and do 'me' all over again. You're gonna see Zab Judah perform out there."

Kathy Duva compared working with Zab in the past to working with Zab now: "Wow, it's completely different and yet in some ways it's the same. He's still got the energy and he's still fun, but he's so much more grown up now. He's a grown man. It's very different in that respect. Before that we were literally trying to corral him. We were dealing with a teenager and now we're dealing with a guy who knows who he is, what he wants, where he's going and sees what he has to do to get there. It's a wonderfully different experience in that respect."

Kathy Duva added, "Now, having brought Pernell into the picture, it's one of those moments where we say 'why didn't we think of this earlier?' Still when you send them to camp you really don't know what's going to happen, but I heard Zab speaking today and you can hear it in his voice. He's got so much more confidence. He's so on top of it. He referred to how, in the gym yesterday everything came together all at once. I know that anyone who has to learn something difficult realizes that that's how you learn. You struggle for a while and then suddenly everything clicks into place. When I heard him say that, it just made my day that means it really is working. I can't wait to see him fight."

The March 5th card featuring Zab "Super" Judah vs. Kaizer Mabuza for the IBF World Jr. Welterweight title is promoted by Main Events and Super Judah Promotions. An exciting undercard will also feature Sadam "Worldkid" Ali, as well as Tarvis Simms and 5 other local standouts. The fights will take place at Prudential Center's AmeriHealth Pavilion, Newark, NJ.

Doors open at 7:30pm; first fight 8:00pm. Tickets priced at $253 Ringside, $103 Reserved seating on floor, $88 General Admission in Bleachers and $53 GA Standing Room on floor. Tickets on sale 2/5, available at Prudential Center Box Office, by calling TicketMaster at 800-745-3000 or www.Prucenter.com

Judah vs. Mabuza will be distributed in North America by Integrated Sports Media for live viewing at 9 PM/ET 6 PM/PT on both cable and satellite pay per view via iN Demand, DIRECTV, Avail-TVN and DISH Network in the United States, as well as Viewer's Choice, Shaw and Bell TV in Canada, for a suggested retail price of only $29.95

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/conte...fb5e3002686364
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-18-2011, 11:33 AM
prinzemanspopa
queenmanspopa

Rep Power: 12 prinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 528,571.36
No Message - poet682006 No Message - poet682006 No Message - poet682006 Top Poster - Stone Roses! one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - nightowl Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - GALACTUS 

Old 02-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Rip Chudd
1 John 2:22

Rep Power: 35 Rip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,587,951,058,243,654,656.00
Total Points: 1,587,952,058,243,657,984.00
Happy Holidays Chip! - Lorily Yeah that's right - Rip Chudd Lollllllllllllllll drink it down with some pepsi - -Kev- e-billionaire - MANIAC310 for being richer than me for a couple hours - MANIAC310 
Cheers! - iBreakbeat Just have a beer bro - led Cookie! - MANIAC310 one of my favorite Christians in the lounge :D - MANIAC310 Splendid use of your Javelin out there!!! - Jedi Vader 
twenty! - MANIAC310 Thnx again homie.. - the mesiah Thanks for the points - blacraven have a Happy and safe New Years bro! - jose830 thanks bro! :beerchug: - jose830 
thanks for donating to the Superbowl Jackpot points will be returned if nobody wins :beerchug: - jose830 :luvbed: - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Black Ranger Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Robin Hood World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Good stuff man. I wish the best for Zab. No matter what I always seem to root for the guy. I hope this training with Whitaker is going as good as they say.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:35 AM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 71 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,299,078,340,058,009.50
Total Points: 4,328,298,456,212,315.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Evidently, the great man has lost his mind.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:38 AM
LarryXXX
FOCUSED

Rep Power: 224 LarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,367,133,879,841,223,344,128.00
Total Points: 1,367,133,879,841,673,445,376.00
Wont let me green you - deanrw Funny - Scott Weiland cheers birthday boy - -MAKAVELLI- Happy Birthday - Scott9945 happy bday - pacfan - sugarsmosley 
Happy birthday - DonMega Happy birthday - betmen Happy Birthday - -Kev- Happy Birthday man.  God bless you - Rip Chudd Happy birthday, you my guy - Sugar Adam Ali 
Have a blessed Birthday.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy Birthday Larry! Wish you all the best. - BulgariasFinest happy birthday bro - -jose- No Message - Heavy Champ No Message - Heavy Champ 
No Message - Heavy Champ Great when nut hugging - Southpaw110 Great when not nut hugging - Southpaw110 Distinguished Service Medal. B-Hop Battalion - jas Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - project xxx1 Childhood Cancer - project xxx1 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - project xxx1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - New England Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jjbj2 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - sugarsmosley 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - TBear Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - TBear Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas 

Old 02-18-2011, 11:39 AM
LarryXXX
FOCUSED

Rep Power: 224 LarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond repute
Wont let me green you - deanrw Funny - Scott Weiland cheers birthday boy - -MAKAVELLI- Happy Birthday - Scott9945 happy bday - pacfan - sugarsmosley 
Happy birthday - DonMega Happy birthday - betmen Happy Birthday - -Kev- Happy Birthday man.  God bless you - Rip Chudd Happy birthday, you my guy - Sugar Adam Ali 
Have a blessed Birthday.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy Birthday Larry! Wish you all the best. - BulgariasFinest happy birthday bro - -jose- No Message - Heavy Champ No Message - Heavy Champ 
No Message - Heavy Champ Great when nut hugging - Southpaw110 Great when not nut hugging - Southpaw110 Distinguished Service Medal. B-Hop Battalion - jas Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - project xxx1 Childhood Cancer - project xxx1 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - project xxx1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - New England Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jjbj2 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - sugarsmosley 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - TBear Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - TBear Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas 

Old 02-18-2011, 11:40 AM
LarryXXX
FOCUSED

Old 02-18-2011, 11:41 AM
goblin213
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 goblin213 has a reputation beyond reputegoblin213 has a reputation beyond reputegoblin213 has a reputation beyond reputegoblin213 has a reputation beyond reputegoblin213 has a reputation beyond reputegoblin213 has a reputation beyond reputegoblin213 has a reputation beyond reputegoblin213 has a reputation beyond reputegoblin213 has a reputation beyond reputegoblin213 has a reputation beyond reputegoblin213 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,868,091,470,063.50
Total Points: 2,868,091,530,982.20
On me bro - rorymac Brilliant poster. Haha! - dancovboxer i like your avatar - zab191 

Those are some flattering things to say about a disappointment like Zab.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Flo_Raiden
Contender

Rep Power: 5 Flo_Raiden has much to be proud ofFlo_Raiden has much to be proud ofFlo_Raiden has much to be proud ofFlo_Raiden has much to be proud ofFlo_Raiden has much to be proud ofFlo_Raiden has much to be proud ofFlo_Raiden has much to be proud ofFlo_Raiden has much to be proud ofFlo_Raiden has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 143,388.44

Hopefully with Pernell by his side we'll see a totally different Judah, skillfully and mentally.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:44 AM
V.WEBB
CBVM

Rep Power: 39 V.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,458,937,993,726.63
Total Points: 3,464,435,500,796.02
For your Honeymoon, bless - Syf congrats homie - project xxx1 stay strong!! - Horus Poppppppp  this bottle for me - Horus No Message - Horus 
some wedding cake fo ya - DiLLiNGER wedding ring lol - DiLLiNGER No Message - DiLLiNGER For the Family Man!  To a happy and healthy life! - Lorily God Bless and Happy Holidays to you and your family! - Lorily 
Long overdue mate! - Tamis_Siensya somebody kick this racist - Band-Aid :fing02: - -jose- 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Toda Caine Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Horus Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - SekondzOut Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryX2011 View Post
Hey buddy, stop trolling my thread with spam, before I have you dealt with accordingly!

Sweet is a legend, his opinion means more than yours and I happen to know him!

O_o