Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 11:36 AM
killacash
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 killacash has a reputation beyond reputekillacash has a reputation beyond reputekillacash has a reputation beyond reputekillacash has a reputation beyond reputekillacash has a reputation beyond reputekillacash has a reputation beyond reputekillacash has a reputation beyond reputekillacash has a reputation beyond reputekillacash has a reputation beyond reputekillacash has a reputation beyond reputekillacash has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 73,491,527.19
Total Points: 82,826,607.46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
In most Latin American countries you keep the name from your father and mother's side. It's a way of showing your family tree in just your name.

I carry my fathers last name and from my mothers side.
Don't you live in Pr now? If so, hows life there?

Whatever happened to that Haitian kid you were training?

What's some behind the scene boxing info that you know that would shock us?
Old 01-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 116 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,882,175,900,664.23
Total Points: 6,882,176,005,814.81
one for the road bro - led Good tutorial - MANIAC310 Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ 
Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer 
One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... 
i posted "las mañanitas" on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by killacash View Post
Don't you live in Pr now? If so, hows life there?

Whatever happened to that Haitian kid you were training?

What's some behind the scene boxing info that you know that would shock us?
I don't live in PR, I have lived there and had a child from a PR girl.

He's doing great and will turn pro next year at 118lbs. He just beat the best 118lber in the state of Florida for the second time in a year. He is incredibly fast, has great stamina and his defense is good. He's just young and a little immature and I hope he keeps his feet on the ground.

Let me see if I can find a video of him and post it.

Behind the scene type stuff that would shock you guys.....hmmm

Well I think the absolute worst of the boxing biz is the way certain "trainers" and promoters use young fighters up. There are some gyms here in Florida (won't name names) that literally take a kid, tell him to hit the bag a few times, get him into decent shape and then fill his head with all kinds of nonsense like how good of a fighter he is and then set him up like a piece of meat to gain money off of him.

I watched a trainer wait for his cut of the purse, which was $35 on a fight for 2 hours. It was disgusting, I have had fighters make $3,500 and not take a penny from them because I know they are in dire need. They don't have money to feed their family, or buy diapers so I can't take a cut from such a small amount.

Those same fighters though will not leave me when the real money starts rolling in.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Hobo
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,431.16

Why do gangsters claim bro wn pride but tag up homes businesses in there own community? These people are sell outs and have no clue about what having pride in ones neighborhood is
Old 01-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 116 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
one for the road bro - led Good tutorial - MANIAC310 Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ 
Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer 
One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... 
i posted "las mañanitas" on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo View Post
Why do gangsters claim bro wn pride but tag up homes businesses in there own community? These people are sell outs and have no clue about what having pride in ones neighborhood is
This is true, I used to be big into graffiti back in my time, then I realized it was just making a mess of things. I mean there's some great graffiti writers out there, but I wasn't one of them...haha

It's cultural man, kids do stupid things.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Here's s vid of that Haitian kid that I train. It was the most recent I could find, he's gotten much better now and has even sparred Rigondoux on a few occasions. He's the black kid obviously.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:52 PM
killacash
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 killacash has a reputation beyond reputekillacash has a reputation beyond reputekillacash has a reputation beyond reputekillacash has a reputation beyond reputekillacash has a reputation beyond reputekillacash has a reputation beyond reputekillacash has a reputation beyond reputekillacash has a reputation beyond reputekillacash has a reputation beyond reputekillacash has a reputation beyond reputekillacash has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 73,491,527.19
Total Points: 82,826,607.46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
Here's s vid of that Haitian kid that I train. It was the most recent I could find, he's gotten much better now and has even sparred Rigondoux on a few occasions. He's the black kid obviously.

Kid is tall and has fast hands and I definitely can see potential in him. What weight class and height is he? Don't like how he has his right hand low. Appreciate it and keep us up to date on him.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:58 PM
[ DUBBZZ ]
H.A.A.I.C.

Rep Power: 141 [ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute[ DUBBZZ ] has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,032,602,019,421.71
Total Points: 2,248,202,344,174.37
You are killing me today ... have a sammich - Bossy Have a sammich on me. :) - Bossy Sammich - Bossy Gotta keep you fed - Bossy Saturday Sammich! - Bossy 
Sammich for the lawls! - Bossy Father's day sammich! :) - Bossy I've been slacking, you need a sammich - Bossy No Message - Bossy Hungry? - Bossy 
Happy Birthday - jose830 Happy B-day.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy birthday, my honky! - Timothy Horton Happy Bday, buddy. - Terrel Happy Birthday ! - BulgariasFinest 
A gift for my bro's bday! - led* Boom! - Tuggers1986 for your help - jazluvr Psycho Dad lmao - -jose- Psycho Dad-lmao-classic - -jose- 

What's the difference between "Chicano" and "Latino"?
Old 01-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by killacash View Post
Kid is tall and has fast hands and I definitely can see potential in him. What weight class and height is he? Don't like how he has his right hand low. Appreciate it and keep us up to date on him.
Yea me either, I tell him to keep his hand up, sometimes he does it then other times he goes right back to where he feels comfortable.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
What's the difference between "Chicano" and "Latino"?
I don't like the term Latino because it doesn't represent who I am. I am a Chicano, or Mexican but I don't speak Latin and don't come from Europe.

It's just a term that the U.S govt came up with.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:45 PM
EdWins
Winning

Rep Power: 8 EdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,063,330,134.22
Total Points: 7,518,399,910.59

^ I also read somewhere that Chicano was once a racist term, it was vulgar back in the day but Mexican Americans embraced it. Not sure where I read that it was a while back when I was real high on learning about the Mexican American civil rights movement and stuff..

Raza we need to learn our history cuz our sh1t don't get taught in schools.