Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-12-2011, 09:49 AM
CarlosG815
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 CarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,252,362,816,766.53
Total Points: 2,252,860,874,843.85
Have a beer. - Barnburner Have some. - Hara No Message - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza View Post
Everyone calzaghe beats automaticlly goes to "bum" status or "out of prime "

Of course the day before the fight they are top 5 p4p and belt holders, but after calzaghe beat the **** out of them they are "overrated bums" or " RJJ was too old " or "Bhop got robbed! "

American boxing fans can't stand to see a white european male that good. It hurts them that he retired undefeated sparking out lacy, rjj, then to top it off destroying bhop.
Forza what are you talking about my friend? Lacy had never proved to be good. He was a great prospect and was very hyped by boxing fans all over, I remember him being hyped as "The Next Mike Tyson" when he was anything but. You pretend that because Calzaghe beat him, that automatically makes him a bum to non-European fans.

Please tell me who Jeff beat when he stepped up? Joe beat him in a decision, an old Jermain Taylor beat him and please understand that he was knocked out BY A SHOT, WASHED UP, OLD Roy Jones! The guy never beat a single top fighter, but was beaten by guys who, despite being good in the past, were so far past it they could never beat anybody who is a top class elite!

If Lacy was as good as you believe, he would have won some of those fights but the fact is he won none of them. He was a good prospect and a hypejob, nothing more.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-12-2011, 09:51 AM
AntonTheMeh
NSB, DKSAB....

Rep Power: 59 AntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,176,358,641.34
That RJJ clip... LMAOOOOO - sweet pea 50 Hard cold cash. - Hard Dick thx man.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Miller Time - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - Old Coward 
solid posts mate - Alx. have a sneakers homie - Warrios or have a snickers lol - Warrios 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

are people still arguing about this ****?
Old 02-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Main Source
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 Main Source has a reputation beyond reputeMain Source has a reputation beyond reputeMain Source has a reputation beyond reputeMain Source has a reputation beyond reputeMain Source has a reputation beyond reputeMain Source has a reputation beyond reputeMain Source has a reputation beyond reputeMain Source has a reputation beyond reputeMain Source has a reputation beyond reputeMain Source has a reputation beyond reputeMain Source has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 46,622.71

Any southpaw with a high punch-output, high work-rate and fast hands would cause you problems. And Calzaghe, at the time, wasn't exactly inexperienced either.

Lazy was a hard punching fighter with a good K.O. ratio. However, Anyone with speed and movement would cause him trouble. Taylor looked good against him in the early rounds with his fast and stiff double jabs - until Taylor gassed out and the fight became a bit bland. Taylor still won it without doubt. Jones looked prime against him because he could do almost anything. Lazy was overwhelmed by Roy's speed. Same thing against Calzaghe. Joe would land punches before Lazy could get off and by the time Lazy got in, Joe was gone.

Jeff Lazy was a prospect and was hyped to be a household name in boxing. He failed to live up to the hype and expectations.

Last edited by Main Source; 02-12-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:55 AM
AllEyesOpen
Speech Cobra

Rep Power: 1465 AllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond reputeAllEyesOpen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,196,982,394.22
Total Points: 2,198,070,726.17
cheers! - led 

I wouldn't have called him a bum, nor am i taking away from Joe's impressive win in any way, but simply based on he's performed since then against other elite fighters Lacy just wasn't what he was hyped to be and couldn't hang with elite fighters.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:55 AM
HandSpeed303
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 HandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 27,923,869,294,696.89
Total Points: 27,923,869,316,565.42
So you can watch Ducktales - danny711 For you bud. - Monkz 
Head and Neck Cancer - Big Smoke World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Big Smoke Autism - Lorily 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirao View Post
Check threads on this forum (or any other boxing forum for that matter), the overwhelming majority thought Lacy was going to, not only win, but destroy Calzaghe. We all know how that worked out...
I wasn't even into forums back then...So I wouldn't know. The fight fans that I speak with on a regular basis face to face, has seen at least 3 or 4 Joe fights.

We all agreed he would beat Lacy.

I'm sure you are correct though. Based on the fact this is not the first time I have seen a topic like this (the topics and posting you speak of were bumped on another site, where I first started posting), and now that I think about it, you and Larry my have a point...

Of course Joe had support, but I do remember (from those bumped topics) a large majority supporting Lacy...I'm just recalling my circle of friends (none of us picked Lacy).