No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Pascal Rematch Part of Three Fight HBO Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Pascal Rematch Part of Three Fight HBO Deal

Last year, HBO passed on Bernard Hopkins' December challenge of WBC/IBO light heavyweight champion Jean Pascal (26-1-1, 16 KOs). The network reportedly had no interest in televising Hopkins (51-5-2, 31 KOs) after carrying his lackluster rematch win over Roy Jones Jr. Because of HBO's decision, Showtime televised what became one of Hopkins' best performances in years. Hopkins fought Pascal to a controversial twelve round draw. Many observers scored the fight for Hopkins and the WBC ordered an immediate rematch.

[Click Here To Read More]

I would be surprise if Bhop fight Dawson after Pascal, Because if he fights Bute after pascal he would probably make more benjamins.

Comment

Another thing is giving Hop a 3 fight deal at this stage is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Last year, HBO passed on Bernard Hopkins' December challenge of WBC/IBO light heavyweight champion Jean Pascal (26-1-1, 16 KOs). The network reportedly had no interest in televising Hopkins (51-5-2, 31 KOs) after carrying his lackluster rematch win over Roy Jones Jr. Because of HBO's decision, Showtime televised what became one of Hopkins' best performances in years. Hopkins fought Pascal to a controversial twelve round draw. Many observers scored the fight for Hopkins and the WBC ordered an immediate rematch.

[Click Here To Read More]
        cool....**** Chad and Bute FOR NOW!!!....its all about Pascal and history on May 21...can't wait!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Another thing is giving Hop a 3 fight deal at this stage is crazy.
          to me it's not. He looked good in his last fight. ONe thing I have learned about bhop never underestimate him.

Comment

Man HBO is dumb, dumb, dumb. Why would you give a 45 year old a 3 fight contract. You go one fight at a time. If it turns out to be a good fight then you bring him back. You don't give a guy that is old as **** and lately been in some really poor fights a 3 fight contract based on one fight. I usually back HBO but they are starting to look like complete idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
              Man HBO is dumb, dumb, dumb. Why would you give a 45 year old a 3 fight contract. You go one fight at a time. If it turns out to be a good fight then you bring him back. You don't give a guy that is old as **** and lately been in some really poor fights a 3 fight contract based on one fight. I usually back HBO but they are starting to look like complete idiots.
              hbo are lacking stars.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                hbo are lacking stars.
                Then you make new stars. Putting a bandage on the situation with old superstars and over paying others isn't going to fix the problem. Get a Shobox show(BAD is way above that, hardly shows prospects), start showing good prospects, and show more fights. As of late HBO has been showing maybe 1 top 2 fights a month, for nearly the past 2 years. They have the wrong formula if this is the way they want to carry their sport.

Honestly, it's like HBO is praying for a prospect to just pan out. Like Broner, good prospect that they hope will do big things against Ponce but that's not how you build a fighter. You build them through your network but as of late HBO won't touch you unless you're established. That's fine and all for superstars but you aren't going to build any following for new blood.

Comment

Bhop isn't a big star..

Straight out crazy move..

So he is going to have 3 fights on hbo this year? or some of them will be when he is 46-47??

Comment

I think since Arum took Pac over to Showtime and Showtime
                    already had the Hopkins/Pascal fight and it was a good fight.
                    HBO wants to capatilize off of it because if they pass on it
                    again, then Showtime has a 1 up on HBO.

Comment

Working...
                    X