Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2011, 04:04 PM
paulf
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 paulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,746.88
Total Points: 6,080,625,945.69
you need gifts - TuRoK'em Have a slice - Toney Loc one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. happy birthday - -jose- 
A beer for the bday boy! - led 
Default Need advice lounge. My brother is the biggest loser I've ever seen.

I just don't know what to do about this fool anymore. He's going to be 28 years old and all he does is smoke weed and play XBOX. He's completely ruining my parents lives and is a serious strain on everyone in our family. Anyone else have a family member like this?

He's just the textbook definition of a **** up. I let him get an apartment with me after my fiance and I split over the summer, so he could move out of my parents house (!) and I could kinda take him off their hands for a while. He has a job that I got him, but they don't give him more than 10 days of work a month so he's always broke. He has no motivation to accomplish anything in life.

The thing is, he should! He's really intelligent and not bad looking. He's just so smug and thinks he's so much better than everyone that he needs to prove nothing. Case in point: I'm hitting the dating scene really hard and bring girls back to our place a lot. He has a girlfriend that he's referred to as "fat, stupid, obnoxious personality, hates talking to" ect. She filthy and gross. They've been dating like 2 years, but I've only seen her twice because he's obviously ashamed to bring her around. He always talks of breaking up with her, but he's too much of a coward to.

I try to tell him that he's not bad looking, but you cant attract a woman by wearing old dirty clothes that are way too big and playing video games. But he won't confront any problems. He just makes up all these stories about "hot *****es" he ****ed, when in reality she's probably the first girl he'd ****ed in 3-4 years. When it comes to admitting shortcomings he always lays the blame on my parents. We had plenty of eat, nice clothes, and love and support of two parents who worked hard. That's better than 99% of the children in this world.

His life is completely passing him by. It's ruining my parents lives. They're immigrants and don't have a lot of education, but work really hard and don't know what to do about their eldest son. Everytime my mom, dad, sister, and I get together with one another, he is the main subject of discussion. We don't know what to do, because honestly if he wasn't living with one of us he would probably become a homeless person. My mother told me one day that if she didn't love him so much, she'd have the courage to tell him that she's been all over the world and in 58 years she'd never seen as big a loser as him in her entire life.

I am moving to Chicago or Minneapolis in November, and I'm trying to force some sort of solution on him. I hate to leave him back on my parents shoulders, who say they cannot support him at all financially anymore, but I have a college degree and have to go further my career and get my masters. Just this month he borrowed his half of the rent from my mother, and told her it was money we "both" needed for expenses. He has no shame and accepts none of his faults.

Anyone have any thoughts, stories, or suggestions? I hate to think that he will always be this way, but he doesn't have much time left and hasn't shown any signs he wants to turn his life around.

Last edited by paulf; 02-08-2011 at 04:07 PM..
Old 02-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Sweet Jesus
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Sweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 377,042,332.67
Total Points: 377,127,988.47
You need a gift homie.  Drink up!!!!!!!!  Drinks on me potna. - Chief2ndzOnly! 9K posts and much much improved poster - -pound4pound- Nemiroff - kyshenko team 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Ether AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - EngorgedW/Blood Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Ether 

Beat his ass.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:12 PM
-MAKAVELLI-
deicide

Rep Power: 293 -MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 942,665,824,549,782.50
Total Points: 943,647,908,392,969.50
SuperMak - jazluvr haha...was supposed to be a superman, not an apple..lol. - jazluvr Cheers. - ThePhantom5 Great Poster - Mr. Fantastic Feliz Navidad - El Mustang 
merry xmas - Ether Happy Holidays Makie!  :kiss: - Lorily Christmas Beer! Cheers you crazy bastard. - ThePhantom5 42k post medal! - Flabulous For good luck - jazluvr 
I heard you're big, but don't worry Tua is bigger - Uns Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy New Year, bro. - Libido Sanchez Happy Holidays MAKAVELLI - !! AI-Holmes!! have a Happy and safe New Years bro! - jose830 
Happy New Year - Freedom. Tagay para sa new year! - led* Happy Holidays, bud! - jazluvr Funniest poster on site, here's a burger - jas Old School Thread - -jose- 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - S a m u r a i Head and Neck Cancer - S a m u r a i Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jim Jeffries 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Pretty Boy32 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - dans01234 Head and Neck Cancer - PensionKiller 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Akinapepemo Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Childhood Cancer - LeeVanCleef 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 

dont hold up your life for him...move to Chicago and finish your schooling...

tell your folks to be strong and not let him back in the house...he's 28...its time to sink or swim
Old 02-08-2011, 04:15 PM
武士道
Banned

Rep Power: 0 武士道 has a reputation beyond repute武士道 has a reputation beyond repute武士道 has a reputation beyond repute武士道 has a reputation beyond repute武士道 has a reputation beyond repute武士道 has a reputation beyond repute武士道 has a reputation beyond repute武士道 has a reputation beyond repute武士道 has a reputation beyond repute武士道 has a reputation beyond repute武士道 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 68,017,216.41
Total Points: 69,110,695.13
top poster - IronMike* Have a beer - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - !! AI-Holmes!! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - !! AI-Holmes!! 

Diogenes Syndrome at 28.

Seems like he's always had someone to fall back on all his life. You need to find some way to convince your parents not to take pity on him, whilst you move on with your own life.

Once all his support networks are gone, he'll have no choice ***8211; either he uses his brain and pulls himself out of the gutter or works at McDonalds.

Firm but fair.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Ivansmamma
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 Ivansmamma has a reputation beyond reputeIvansmamma has a reputation beyond reputeIvansmamma has a reputation beyond reputeIvansmamma has a reputation beyond reputeIvansmamma has a reputation beyond reputeIvansmamma has a reputation beyond reputeIvansmamma has a reputation beyond reputeIvansmamma has a reputation beyond reputeIvansmamma has a reputation beyond reputeIvansmamma has a reputation beyond reputeIvansmamma has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,000,176,180.81
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Breakbeat 

It's a hard situation but you say he has got a job so he should be able to support himself? I don't think your parents should let him loan money. He has no interests at all except weed and xbox? Make him pay you more fore living with you so he can't afford xbox games and weed then he will also have to work more and become more engaged in his situation. How old is he and how long has he been behaving like this? If it's just a shorter period maybe he will change by himself?
Old 02-08-2011, 04:19 PM
msagrain

Rep Power: 118 msagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond reputemsagrain has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 928,711,432,270.95
Total Points: 928,726,751,123.84
Cool Cat - !! AI-Holmes!! The Idiots Guide to PWNing Voulme 2 - How to PWN in 5 easy steps - ??? Two girls one cup! - Jamboboy You asked for it. I paid for it. - BatTheMan Thanks my man.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Here's another gift. Hope you're hungry. - ??? here ya go son - TheDemdzasGhost 18, that means your old enough to go to the titty bar man. So you'll need this. Happy birthday bud. - K-Nan Happy birf day, bud. - sweet pea 50 Have your first Whisker chaser on me. Happy 18th B-Day. - Chunk 
Hapy Birthday Punk - jarulejt A beer on your B-day, congrats. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - Hard Dick Here you go - ??? We Fresh! - Dorian 
Happy birthday! - J. HITTER a gift for someone special - Golden Boy 360 cornwall pwns england - Left Hook Tua random - Little Mac gift thread - MANGLER 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - msagrain Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - msagrain Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - msagrain AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - msagrain Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - msagrain 
Childhood Cancer - msagrain Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - msagrain Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - msagrain Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - msagrain Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - msagrain 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Hard Dick Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MARKBNLV 

Well things are bad at the moment work wise even if you are motivated.
A girl I know handed out 176 CV's and never heard nothing back.
If he doesn't like his girlfriend tell him to get rid of her.
Make him go the gym instread of playing xbox. Maybe you could join a gym with him and go out a bit more.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Slick Ric
Who Got It Betta Than Us?

Rep Power: 86 Slick Ric has a reputation beyond reputeSlick Ric has a reputation beyond reputeSlick Ric has a reputation beyond reputeSlick Ric has a reputation beyond reputeSlick Ric has a reputation beyond reputeSlick Ric has a reputation beyond reputeSlick Ric has a reputation beyond reputeSlick Ric has a reputation beyond reputeSlick Ric has a reputation beyond reputeSlick Ric has a reputation beyond reputeSlick Ric has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 345,369,936,760,567.69
Total Points: 345,369,936,871,558.25
Seeing as you like these...lol. - jazluvr ay te va - el20cuatro A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! un gift - El Más Mejor Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
supered - (ROY) Ten compa Superman1 - Cleto_Reyes gracias - ClitschKO_cuzn No Message - msagrain Congrats on 10k mate.. - iJohn Locke 
to my homie - Tha_Greatest you themod homie, you in control of the hispanic lounge, lol!!!!!!!, true story, lol - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest Thanks for all the help man - BulgariasFinest Hola amor <3 :kiss: - Bossy for being good sport in the, "start rumors" thread - jose830 15,000 posteos! :beerchug: - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulf View Post
I just don't know what to do about this fool anymore. He's going to be 28 years old and all he does is smoke weed and play XBOX. He's completely ruining my parents lives and is a serious strain on everyone in our family. Anyone else have a family member like this?

He's just the textbook definition of a **** up. I let him get an apartment with me after my fiance and I split over the summer, so he could move out of my parents house (!) and I could kinda take him off their hands for a while. He has a job that I got him, but they don't give him more than 10 days of work a month so he's always broke. He has no motivation to accomplish anything in life.

The thing is, he should! He's really intelligent and not bad looking. He's just so smug and thinks he's so much better than everyone that he needs to prove nothing. Case in point: I'm hitting the dating scene really hard and bring girls back to our place a lot. He has a girlfriend that he's referred to as "fat, stupid, obnoxious personality, hates talking to" ect. She filthy and gross. They've been dating like 2 years, but I've only seen her twice because he's obviously ashamed to bring her around. He always talks of breaking up with her, but he's too much of a coward to.

I try to tell him that he's not bad looking, but you cant attract a woman by wearing old dirty clothes that are way too big and playing video games. But he won't confront any problems. He just makes up all these stories about "hot *****es" he ****ed, when in reality she's probably the first girl he'd ****ed in 3-4 years. When it comes to admitting shortcomings he always lays the blame on my parents. We had plenty of eat, nice clothes, and love and support of two parents who worked hard. That's better than 99% of the children in this world.

His life is completely passing him by. It's ruining my parents lives. They're immigrants and don't have a lot of education, but work really hard and don't know what to do about their eldest son. Everytime my mom, dad, sister, and I get together with one another, he is the main subject of discussion. We don't know what to do, because honestly if he wasn't living with one of us he would probably become a homeless person. My mother told me one day that if she didn't love him so much, she'd have the courage to tell him that she's been all over the world and in 58 years she'd never seen as big a loser as him in her entire life.

I am moving to Chicago or Minneapolis in November, and I'm trying to force some sort of solution on him. I hate to leave him back on my parents shoulders, who say they cannot support him at all financially anymore, but I have a college degree and have to go further my career and get my masters. Just this month he borrowed his half of the rent from my mother, and told her it was money we "both" needed for expenses. He has no shame and accepts none of his faults.

Anyone have any thoughts, stories, or suggestions? I hate to think that he will always be this way, but he doesn't have much time left and hasn't shown any signs he wants to turn his life around.
No words needed.........
Old 02-08-2011, 04:22 PM
_original_
GGG is real boxing

Rep Power: 20 _original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,568,752,093.24
Total Points: 238,905,094,853.94
War Ortiz!!!!!!! - Sir TomJones Thank you bro. - -Pull ma Finga- Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem 
Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem kick this fool, he racist - The Problem Good man, cold one on me - Alx. You deserve more of these - Alx. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem 

Like prior comments, you need to focus solely on your life and your education. There is only so much you can do for a person before you have to say enough is enough. It'll be harder for you parents to do, but everybody has to let him get a taste of reality and how hard it is out there in the real world without depending on your family. I know you and your family might worry that he'll end up "homeless", but it's the best thing for him to let him become an adult on his own.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:23 PM
mushahadeen
Banned

Rep Power: 0 mushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,805,390.64
sit on that you cunt - project xxx1 I know you need it - kyshenko team Add this to your collection - led you deserve a kick for being so stupid - Freedom. stop being racist - Freedom. 
you can pretend it's Floyd - Freedom. You'll need it for Chavez Jr - vacon04 ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry love your style of posting, keep it up - Primera Pretend its Chavez Jr and sit on it. - Sir. Afiln 
No Message - whoseyourdaddy p4p best chavez jr fan - Perro For the 15th to dry your tears - dan_cov For Chavez Jr when you visit him in hospital - dan_cov 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mathed Gay and Lesbian Pride - kyshenko team Gay and Lesbian Pride - MANIAC310 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. 

that post sucked.

people are the result of ONLY 2 things:

1. genetics
2. environment

genetics + environment = your brother. is his genetics his fault? no. is the environment he was raised in his fault? no. therefore, your brother is just doing his sh1t to stay the fvck out of it.

and i did fvck all those hot b1tches.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Barnburner
TheTartanSoldier

Rep Power: 44 Barnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 140,255,889,298,379.31
Total Points: 140,645,900,668,256.31
The Greatest Vid : Barney the Great - McGoorty 3000 posts! - rorymac Keep up the top notch vids - JAB5239 Merry Crimbo! - The Surgeon To another of a select group of real boxing fans who really know their boxing history! - Terry A 
Your 4000th post and you quoted me, I'm honoured! Happy 4k :wave: - *Boss Lady* 4 the uploads! - chiguy91 Congrats on 5K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! For you epic break down of Oreo's, and the Mayan calendar. lmaooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 well deserved - the collector 
For the massive amount of points given - MindBat Merry X-mas Lad! Have a good un! - The Surgeon Happy New Year - Freedom. You're going to need it to beat me. - D-MiZe victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS 
Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov your first post in the weed thread barn! , i know you don't smoke , keep it that way young one!! - HUGH JASS Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one. - dan_cov Boxingscene Chat room :fing02: - jose830 what up homie...just incase I want you to know I had nothing to do with that thread title change that's your thread bro - -jose- 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - NChristo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Childhood Cancer - NChristo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NChristo Hepatitis C - NChristo 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - NChristo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - NChristo Autism - NChristo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - NChristo 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - NChristo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - NChristo Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - NChristo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - NChristo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - arraamis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

I have a cousin who is the exact same.. except for the intelligent and good looking parts lmao. He has no drive and like you say he fuks up the family but, you've got to give them a horrible experience. Throw him out, let him live on the streets for a few days. Peoples minds learn by experience.

Another method is just flat out tell him the hurt he is causing the family, any normal person would change. Then again people like your brother (no disrespect) and my cousisn minds may work in different ways.

P.S - Don't let it interrupt your life, it'll only increase your dislike for him.