Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Better Resume Sugar Ray Leonard or Roberto Duran?
Sugar Ray Leonard 46 40.35%
Roberto Duran 59 51.75%
Don't know too close to call 9 7.89%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 02-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Steak
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 35 Steak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 666,366,315.14
Total Points: 771,872,021.34
big sky tye video! - natas206 Couldn't give Karma, so i'll drink to that post - GreatJoe For being supportive of my boy Nate - Massage Queen good posters deserve donuts - Junito-Rulez One of the best posters on the site - Heebarican 
Favorite BoxingScene Asshole - DWiens421 Good poster. - Barnburner For all the hard work on those essays. - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanbot View Post
Ishimatsu was done when he fought duran. he may have had good decision wins here & there but it doesn't take away from the fact that he was done.....how can that be hard to understand? the same goes for Mamby. good to average wins doesn't = not being shot. mosley beat myorga it's a good win but it didn't mean he wasn't shot.

also i said that duran would not have a respectable ATG ranking just on his lightweight resume alone. (no where near top 30 or top 20 ATG) you're bringing up topics on top of OTHER topics that have nothing to do with what I'm typing.

thats how you get into more & more unrelated debates....

look kid. you keep complaining that duran was the oldest of the bunch & the smallest (BTW he wasn't smaller then Leonard when they fought) YOU ARE SO BIASED that you don't even realize that it benefited reberto against Leonard to be older. in those first 2 fights you saw a young BOY take on a seasoned MAN in his prime (duran) people don't even realize that.....
nothing whatsoever suggests that Guts was 'done'. nothing. His best days came after the Duran fight, thats extremely obvious.
Your head must be on backwards if you think Ishimatsu and Mamby were shot before they fought Duran. likely you have no idea who they are.

How was Leonard a 'young boy'? 24 years old...wins over Muniz, Ranzany, Benitez, Mayweather, Shields, Green...he retired less than 2 years later, beat Hearns a little over a year after the Duran fight...
If this wasnt his prime, I would love to hear what was.

Duran was very clearly the natural smallest of the 4. How is this even debatable? reach and height were significantly lower, body size was smaller, fought at smaller weights than all of them(when there were same day weigh ins)....
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-08-2011, 09:01 PM
prinzemanspopa
queenmanspopa

Rep Power: 12 prinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 528,992.36
No Message - poet682006 No Message - poet682006 No Message - poet682006 Top Poster - Stone Roses! one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - nightowl Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - GALACTUS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackirish137 View Post
no, I dont score rounds on a highlight clip, but Ive heard plenty of people that state that Duran deserved the decision in the bout.

When one opponent is doing very little,workrate and consistency is decisive.Duran wasn't throwing with consistency,let alone landing with consistency.Pazienza was doing what was necessary to win the rounds - as ugly as it was to watch.

This highlight clip has has been edited very carefully to favour Duran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
Can you provide any evidence for you claim of Duran's weight during those 6 months?

In addition to being completely stupid,it seems you also have a reading comprehension problem.I already told you - from the mouth of Duran's own manager - what Duran's weight was by the time he started training.ut just incase you did miss it,here it is one more time:

Quote:
In doing so,you'll actually learn that Duran was just seventeen pounds over the welterweight limit with two and a half months before the actual rematch.

http://news.google.co.uk/newspapers?...uran+164&hl=en

That is a legitimate source.Not some poxy documentary clip that was filmed over twenty years after Duran quit to avoid getting knocked out.That is unless you think Duran's manager is lying.

You claimed Duran balooned up over 200 pounds,and then you produced a video clip of Duran claiming he had gained eighty pounds in just over two months - what the f^ck else and I supposed to believe?

And yes,Duran was the exact same fighter in New Orleans that showed up to Montreal.The only difference was that he was fighting someone that was determined not fight in a manner as stupid and immature as yourself.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Steak
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 35 Steak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 666,366,315.14
Total Points: 771,872,021.34
big sky tye video! - natas206 Couldn't give Karma, so i'll drink to that post - GreatJoe For being supportive of my boy Nate - Massage Queen good posters deserve donuts - Junito-Rulez One of the best posters on the site - Heebarican 
Favorite BoxingScene Asshole - DWiens421 Good poster. - Barnburner For all the hard work on those essays. - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
When one opponent is doing very little,workrate and consistency is decisive.Duran wasn't throwing with consistency,let alone landing with consistency.Pazienza was doing what was necessary to win the rounds - as ugly as it was to watch.

This highlight clip has has been edited very carefully to favour Duran
why cut my quote short?

as I said, outworking an opponent does not = a win. Duran was landing harder, cleaner shots, and controlling the fight with the jab. a lot of Pazienzas shots were missing or overall ineffective, and Duran was going to the body well.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:21 PM
prinzemanspopa
queenmanspopa

Rep Power: 12 prinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 528,992.36
No Message - poet682006 No Message - poet682006 No Message - poet682006 Top Poster - Stone Roses! one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - nightowl Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - GALACTUS 

Quote:
why cut my quote short?

as I said, outworking an opponent does not = a win. Duran was landing harder, cleaner shots, and controlling the fight with the jab. a lot of Pazienzas shots were missing or overall ineffective, and Duran was going to the body well.

What does it matter? I read it anyway.My post pretty much covered the entire post rather than just one paragraph.

There is a hell of alot more to a fight than a brief highlight.This highlight was edited to make Duran appear as strong as possible.What he may have appeared to be doing in that short space of time isn't what he was doing with consistency over the course of twelve rounds.

Pazienza wasn't just outworking him,he was outlanding him by quite a large margin through the vast majority of the rounds.

Last edited by prinzemanspopa; 02-08-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:27 PM
STRUGG
Banned

Rep Power: 0 STRUGG has a reputation beyond reputeSTRUGG has a reputation beyond reputeSTRUGG has a reputation beyond reputeSTRUGG has a reputation beyond reputeSTRUGG has a reputation beyond reputeSTRUGG has a reputation beyond reputeSTRUGG has a reputation beyond reputeSTRUGG has a reputation beyond reputeSTRUGG has a reputation beyond reputeSTRUGG has a reputation beyond reputeSTRUGG has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,679,841,400.23
Total Points: 2,680,047,045.41

about the same.................but i have duran a bit more
Old 02-08-2011, 09:27 PM
americanbot
Banned

Total Points: 105,639,923.70
our worst poster - Freedom. No Message - americanbot Super poster, thank you for your help! - dancovboxer For standing up against anti-American bias - ShoulderRoll amazing sig - chiguy91 

Quote:
nothing whatsoever suggests that Guts was 'done'. nothing. His best days came after the Duran fight, thats extremely obvious.
Your head must be on backwards if you think Ishimatsu and Mamby were shot before they fought Duran. likely you have no idea who they are.

How was Leonard a 'young boy'? 24 years old...wins over Muniz, Ranzany, Benitez, Mayweather, Shields, Green...he retired less than 2 years later, beat Hearns a little over a year after the Duran fight...
If this wasnt his prime, I would love to hear what was.

Duran was very clearly the natural smallest of the 4. How is this even debatable? reach and height were significantly lower, body size was smaller, fought at smaller weights than all of them(when there were same day weigh ins)....
shortest of the bunch doesn't = SMALLEST. yes Leonard was taller then duran but he wasn't bigger. on those nights duran was bigger then Leonard. Guts was finished after Laguna.....he was more venerable then ever. he went on to get ko'd again and thats when he fought duran. nothing to brag about.

Leonard was a YOUNG BOY compared to duran in the sense of experience & how seasoned duran was. duran was a MAN in his prime. sugar was reaching his prime. i thought after the duran fight it boosted sugars learning experience & he reached full prime 3 4 fights afterwards. when you box. theres certain guys that can bring this out in you. its a great learning experience. it must be a b*tch being a boxrec warrior.....lol

Last edited by americanbot; 02-08-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:50 AM
betmen
Indonesian

Rep Power: 10 betmen has a reputation beyond reputebetmen has a reputation beyond reputebetmen has a reputation beyond reputebetmen has a reputation beyond reputebetmen has a reputation beyond reputebetmen has a reputation beyond reputebetmen has a reputation beyond reputebetmen has a reputation beyond reputebetmen has a reputation beyond reputebetmen has a reputation beyond reputebetmen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 656,336,091.84
Total Points: 3,700,645,304,660.69
For having the patience of travelling in Jakarta traffic - winky's right No Message - fifth tea sent 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Liquor View Post
i went for i don't fn know, for now

GOD, your avatar look so delicious
look so juicy and squishy
i will pay thousand for make explosion in her womb

Last edited by betmen; 02-09-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Since 1985
Since 1895

Rep Power: 16 Since 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSince 1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,297,492,086.60
Total Points: 1,034,218,691,819.61
Happy birthday - DonMega The Cardinals Are the Dodgers Daddies, Like I said before. But it takes guts to admit your teams flaws. You earned my respect. Medal to a great poster. - BrushMyHair 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

.......bump
Old 08-03-2013, 04:46 PM
APPONO ASTOS
Faceless Man

Rep Power: 20 APPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond reputeAPPONO ASTOS has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,086,821.92
thanks for your thoughts on the thread - robson24 

sugar ray leonard.....actually i'm not sure ..it's close i think..

Last edited by APPONO ASTOS; 08-03-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Kuyukut
Owning Floyd's Vagina

Rep Power: 89 Kuyukut has a reputation beyond reputeKuyukut has a reputation beyond reputeKuyukut has a reputation beyond reputeKuyukut has a reputation beyond reputeKuyukut has a reputation beyond reputeKuyukut has a reputation beyond reputeKuyukut has a reputation beyond reputeKuyukut has a reputation beyond reputeKuyukut has a reputation beyond reputeKuyukut has a reputation beyond reputeKuyukut has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,817,245,357,979,634,499,584.00
Total Points: 4,817,363,700,109,763,674,112.00
for slurping mannys semen daily - Big Dunn Only posts the truth. - E.P.T. Good man - jazluvr A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 joyeux noel - QuebecSTAR2 
for the great M.J. gifs - UTEP top notch poster speaking nothing but truths - thuggery for generously donating 30 trillion points - jas enjoy the fight :boxing: - -jose- Superman of BScene! - jazluvr 
still waiting to green you bro - jazluvr The Golovkin Mafia Medal - A medal given to the Head Honchos of BoxingScene by the Head Honcho of TGM. TGM will always have your back. (1/5) LIMITED EDITION. - Golovkin as generous as they come with e-points - jas Pacquiao - Marquez V coming soon ! - valero Long live the competitions! - jas 
cool guy - jas Have to spread more green before I can green ya - Beercules No Message - Psylence83 No Message - Psylence83 Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Marcov Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Marcov 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Marcov Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Marcov Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Marcov Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Marcov Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Marcov 
Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Marcov World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas 
Autism - jas Head and Neck Cancer - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - sugarsmosley 

duran by a pubic hair.