Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Who wins Mayweather/Cotto on May 5th?
Mayweather KO/TKO 195 26.42%
Mayweather Decision 358 48.51%
Cotto KO/TKO 126 17.07%
Cotto Decision 59 7.99%
Voters: 738. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 05-06-2012, 02:23 AM
rambov
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 rambov has a reputation beyond reputerambov has a reputation beyond reputerambov has a reputation beyond reputerambov has a reputation beyond reputerambov has a reputation beyond reputerambov has a reputation beyond reputerambov has a reputation beyond reputerambov has a reputation beyond reputerambov has a reputation beyond reputerambov has a reputation beyond reputerambov has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 55,129,149.14

Manny fought Miguel Cotto at 145
Cotto Fought Floyd at 154

There is no more to be said
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-06-2012, 02:24 AM
Steak
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 35 Steak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 666,366,315.14
Total Points: 771,862,745.34
big sky tye video! - natas206 Couldn't give Karma, so i'll drink to that post - GreatJoe For being supportive of my boy Nate - Massage Queen good posters deserve donuts - Junito-Rulez One of the best posters on the site - Heebarican 
Favorite BoxingScene Asshole - DWiens421 Good poster. - Barnburner For all the hard work on those essays. - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossCA View Post
You may be right, but do you really think Pac would step up like Floyd and fight Cotto at that weight with no catch wheight? I seriously doubt at and to me, that speaks volumes about Pac and how great he is supposed to be. Believe me, I think Pac IS great, but he couldn't have done what Floyd did tonight. Just how I see it.
I think Pacquiao would. But, I dont think Roach would. As a trainer, he always is looking for every little bit of advantage.

I dont think the weight made much of a difference at all. In fact, I dont think Cotto tonight was any better than the version Pac faced. If anything he was more shopworn from the accumulated damage from the Pac fight itself.

But, who cares. Great night of boxing. Im off to sleep so cheers for enjoying a real entertaining, high skill match, even if we disagree on some minor points.
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 52 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,280,671,008,790.02
Total Points: 5,291,271,130,219.50
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hammer View Post
I think the problem with Cotto against Pacquiao is that it's really hard to get close inside to Pacquiao. He will hit you with a combination when a opponent comes inside on him. Floyd wasn't doing that, he was throwing 1 punch and Cotto did a good job of blocking a lot of those or avoiding them. That was Cotto's success getting in on Floyd and trying to bully him with power and roughing him up. But most importantly it prevented Floyd from winding up and hitting him with clean punches which kept him in the fight. I think Pacquiao would KO Cotto again or win by wide UD.
I think it is a matter of pacing, Cotto likes to fight at his pace. Floyd doesn't want a fight a track meet so this was right up Cotto's ally.

Manny on the other hand is capable of forcing a guy like Cotto who is an offensive minded fighter to try and keep up. In reality even if he does good he can't keep up and will get forced to fall apart.

Cotto is a quality boxer and fighter but he is not the sort of boxer than can force a guy to limit his pace at least a high end guy and Manny is certainly a high end guy.
SweetSciencePHD
Up and Comer

Total Points: 1,670.30

I think some of you are f*ckin high. I had this scored 7-5 Cotto with him winning rounds 1,5,6,8,9,10,11. That's fair and that's what it was. I don't know where they came up with 118 for Mayweather. It should have at least been a close split decision if it was going for Mayweather at all. It should have been 8-4 Cotto at least, or a draw. Mayweather didn't do enough to win a decision like that, and even the split is questionable. Did the judges bet on Mayweather or something? Was is a phoned in decision, because Mayweather didn't do nearly enough to get that kind of margin. This is De La Hoya all over again, he lost the majority of the rounds but they gifted him the decision, probably to keep the Pacquiao fight intact because if Cotto won there would have been a rematch and the Pacquiao fight couldn't happen later in the year. I am as outraged as I imagine Cotto is. He won that damn fight.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:26 AM
JOM'S
MANILA ICE

Rep Power: 3797 JOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond reputeJOM'S has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 285,776,022,600,269,408.00
Total Points: 285,776,022,600,276,160.00
happy holidays, ninong - BABYBOXER Beer pre! - led 'sa pa! - led sending gifts to friends today - serv blue parallelogram pre! - Chadmack 
gift giving time to friends - serv para sa mahihilig sa puday - Chadmack No Message - speedjay No Message - speedjay Good poster - MANIAC310 
tagay mo pre - Talisayen isa pa pre para indi bitin. hehehehe - Talisayen last for the road para maganda ang tama - Talisayen cheers bro - lebrick *mwah* - led 
gift giving time to friends - guardian Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy holidays bro! - led* couldn't green you for your china thread comment , so here's a beer enjoy! - HUGH JASS for a fellow pacman fan - sugarsmosley 
Childhood Cancer - Akinapepemo Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Akinapepemo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - LeeVanCleef Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Talisayen Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dale Cardon Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzer101 View Post
What did Floyd say after the fight?
good interview some knacks to manny, respect for cotto, great with the hobo crew and probably not knowing it could have helped sell pac-bradley fight...
Bobby Shmurda
A Hot Ni@@a

Rep Power: 39 Bobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond reputeBobby Shmurda has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,022,524,036,641.60
Total Points: 1,035,630,402,880.82
No Message - ИATAS206 Cool man.  Animes are cool. - jjbj2 kick this ignorant racist - Freedom. this guy can't even debate, he just goes straight to childish insults - happyman One of my favorite posters - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
One of my favorite posters - ROSS CALIFORNIA No Message - ROSS CALIFORNIA good poster - A-Wolf Great poster - jas 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas 

it was a much much better fight that i expected. i have a newfound respect for cotto. and floyd proved he could outfight cotto. so all those who questioned his comments before the fight, u guys just got it wrong.

and yes floyd looked gassed in this fight, but ive seen him look the same way in the augustus fight when he got his nose broken. cotto really did himself a favor in hitting him constantly with that jab. cotto's new trainer is the truth. expect him to become a rising star. the gameplan was very thoughtout and articulate. so while i thought cotto/pac should never happen again, hey, in 2 or 3 more fights, who knows.

but at the end of the day, theres only one money. and tonite, he continued to prove why hes the best
i_am_a_champ
Contender

Rep Power: 0 i_am_a_champ is infamous around these partsi_am_a_champ is infamous around these partsi_am_a_champ is infamous around these partsi_am_a_champ is infamous around these partsi_am_a_champ is infamous around these partsi_am_a_champ is infamous around these partsi_am_a_champ is infamous around these partsi_am_a_champ is infamous around these partsi_am_a_champ is infamous around these partsi_am_a_champ is infamous around these partsi_am_a_champ is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 10,029,588.01

i paid for the fiht
Carpe Diem
Seize the day

Rep Power: 49 Carpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 97,876,963,833,095.08
Total Points: 97,921,106,955,284.08
only mayweather fan i can stand and like lol! keep being a cool guy! i like slushies so here's one hehe! cheers bro! :) - Akyra Here...have a beer. Men don't drink slushies. - check hook No Message - Old Coward beer 4 a good poster - led Have a shot - danny711 
Merry Christmas - Flab old enough to drink - MANIAC310 Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Have a gift - ABOSWORTH solid poster - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
I think if Cotto tried to do more he would have got hit more in return and would have actually been made to fall apart. Cotto at his best fights at a real measured pace and Floyd doesn't force a high pace, he controls it and limits it. That worked just fine for Cotto and allowed him to stay in the fight.

Guys that force Cotto to work above the pace he wants can blow him out of the water. Him forcing a higher pace would have led to disaster if you ask me.
Exactly. I was one of those Floyd fans who thought that Floyd wasn't going to brutally dominated Cotto. Styles make fights, and Cotto is more comfortable at fighting at a slow pace and he was able to timed Floyd with the jab consistently throughout the fight.
johncods
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 26 johncods has a reputation beyond reputejohncods has a reputation beyond reputejohncods has a reputation beyond reputejohncods has a reputation beyond reputejohncods has a reputation beyond reputejohncods has a reputation beyond reputejohncods has a reputation beyond reputejohncods has a reputation beyond reputejohncods has a reputation beyond reputejohncods has a reputation beyond reputejohncods has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,611,489,859.41
Total Points: 5,751,879,852.26
super poster, great to see some honesty. - dancovboxer 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Gift Giver 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambov View Post
Manny fought Miguel Cotto at 145
Cotto Fought Floyd at 154

There is no more to be said
amd that's suppose to mean what? that cotto is a different fighter? Then the hatton that fought pac was better than the one floyd fought?
Old 05-06-2012, 02:27 AM
RichCCFC
46-0

Rep Power: 36 RichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 65,694,421,152,754.17
Total Points: 65,700,421,757,313.61
ricktastic! - mickey gomez Joe Calzaghe is a great fighter! - Tunney This is Joe Calzaghe. You left this in my ass last night. I washed it good and wanted to give it back to you. - Mizzou Joe Calzaghe - Tunney bluebirds! - Sir TomJones 
Merry Christmas - Flab Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Back to thinking Pac could beat Mayweather again..

completely different styles but Mayweather slowed down and his face busted up.. looked rocked and tired on more than 1 occasion.