Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Who wins Mayweather/Cotto on May 5th?
Mayweather KO/TKO 195 26.42%
Mayweather Decision 358 48.51%
Cotto KO/TKO 126 17.07%
Cotto Decision 59 7.99%
Voters: 738. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 05-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Carpe Diem
Seize the day

Rep Power: 49 Carpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 78,718,824,389,629.03
Total Points: 78,762,967,502,141.58
only mayweather fan i can stand and like lol! keep being a cool guy! i like slushies so here's one hehe! cheers bro! :) - Akyra Here...have a beer. Men don't drink slushies. - check hook No Message - Old Coward beer 4 a good poster - led Have a shot - danny711 
Merry Christmas - Flab old enough to drink - MANIAC310 Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Have a gift - ABOSWORTH solid poster - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
You're a biased moron.

All you did in the build up was talk about how Cotto was going to beat Mayweather and to no surprise after the fight and Cotto losing clearly you're talking nonsense.

The 118-110 Scorecard was fine. All 3 cards were fine.
^^^ This. I can't stand fans who are like him.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-19-2012, 05:59 PM
egodfather
Banned

Rep Power: 0 egodfather has a reputation beyond reputeegodfather has a reputation beyond reputeegodfather has a reputation beyond reputeegodfather has a reputation beyond reputeegodfather has a reputation beyond reputeegodfather has a reputation beyond reputeegodfather has a reputation beyond reputeegodfather has a reputation beyond reputeegodfather has a reputation beyond reputeegodfather has a reputation beyond reputeegodfather has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 500,045,616.28

I had the fight 115-113 but there were a lot of close rounds and I can see why Mayweather might've swayed the judges with his clean punching. But Las Vegas judges have historically favoured aggression - look at Hopkins-Calzaghe. Cotto was the Ring General and he showed good defense. Mayweather was the clean puncher with a great defense. To say Cotto lost 9 or 10 rounds is just stupid. 7-5 Mayweather. Good fight. 2007-2008 Cotto takes any version of Mayweather.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:05 PM
GOD-FR33
Pacman is a coward

Rep Power: 11 GOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond reputeGOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond reputeGOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond reputeGOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond reputeGOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond reputeGOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond reputeGOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond reputeGOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond reputeGOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond reputeGOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond reputeGOD-FR33 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 34,456,081,460.34
Total Points: 44,611,445,712.77
garbage poster - Body Movin' 
Send a message via ICQ to GOD-FR33
Default Awesome display here..........

This was AWEsome to watch man! Where is the rest of the fight analyzed like this?? It took Cotto a couple of rounds to get in to the fight. He was trying to gauge Floyd's hand-speed to see what he could land on him clean I think. Floyd easily won the first couple of rounds and then Cotto warmed up a bit.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Clove97
Amateur

Total Points: 2,203.73
Send a message via AIM to Clove97 Send a message via Yahoo to Clove97 Send a message via Skype™ to Clove97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
So what it about their respective styles that makes you think that Paq-May is an even fight?
1. Manny steps in on the front foot leading with awkward angle combinations. Floyd leans back and rolls his shoulder and counters with a right hook or pullback straight. Advantage: Manny. Why: Manny doesn't have problems with guys who box tall. Kinda funny but he's always had fits with guys who fight with their heads low, especially when he rushes in( usually he gets a head to the groin...ouch ). Marquez made three fights hard for Manny just by dipping and throwing right leads every time Manny does a rabbit jab and stays put. Floyd's great, but he doesn't do that. His thing is to duck or lean back and roll with the Philly...while JMM spreads his legs, borderline leads with his head and fires of right straight leads. Leaning back against Manny doesn't mess with his momentum or rhythm the way a guy who mirrors his body position( three letters:JMM ) would. Speaking of which...Timmy Bradley might have a better-ish chance of adopting that particular JMM move.

2. Floyd's not as good a combination puncher as JMM, although he's way ahead on the single shot department. That's another reason why Manny struggles to get his rhythm when it's Marquez. It's like JMM saying, "You throw combos, I'll throw combos too." Combos make Manny defend, landed or not. After seeing him with Cotto, it's still pretty obvious that Floyd's more comfortable with the potshots than bunches. I mean, a twenty-something total connect percentage for a guy who bats in the forties for a decade is just...blah. So, advantage: Manny. Up two-nil.

3. Floyd springs punches, he hardly telegraphs. He hits you just when you're thinking, oh he's not gonna throw and wow, that girl next to the clapper guy is soooo--POW! Manny got hit with "trap" punches in the Clottey fight( which was boring with a big B ) because Clottey doesn't follow a rhythm and lets fly in an erratic, stop-and-go way that's a chore to read. Of course, he didn't get hurt but he did get hit. Advantage: Mayweather.

4. Floyd switches( or tries to, anyway ) style like a chameleon. When this isn't working, he'll just fall on that. He's got like, back-up plans marked A to Z. He adapts like the Ebola germ( oops, bad example ). I'm not sure if the adjustments would work on Manny's style like it did on the unlucky forty-TWO( he fought Castillo TWICE--God, some people just keep forgetting that--even Floyd^o^)but they might. Advantage: Mayweather. Back to centre.

5. Oscar vs. Bob Arum on the undercard. Twelve rounds of professional blathering for your bemusement. My call: toss-up. Bob will use his custom colostomy bag as a secret weapon and Oscar would fake a low blow to get Bob disqualified.

So there! Even Steven.

Last edited by Clove97; 05-19-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:41 PM
Goldie
Al Sharpton's bodyguard

Rep Power: 0 Goldie is infamous around these partsGoldie is infamous around these partsGoldie is infamous around these partsGoldie is infamous around these partsGoldie is infamous around these partsGoldie is infamous around these partsGoldie is infamous around these partsGoldie is infamous around these partsGoldie is infamous around these partsGoldie is infamous around these partsGoldie is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 16,450.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clove97 View Post
1. Manny steps in on the front foot leading with awkward angle combinations. Floyd leans back and rolls his shoulder and counters with a right hook or pullback straight. Advantage: Manny. Why: Manny doesn't have problems with guys who box tall. Kinda funny but he's always had fits with guys who fight with their heads low, especially when he rushes in( usually he gets a head to the groin...ouch ). Marquez made three fights hard for Manny just by dipping and throwing right leads every time Manny does a rabbit jab and stays put. Floyd's great, but he doesn't do that. His thing is to duck or lean back and roll with the Philly...while JMM spreads his legs, borderline leads with his head and fires of right straight leads. Leaning back against Manny doesn't mess with his momentum or rhythm the way a guy who mirrors his body position( three letters:JMM ) would. Speaking of which...Timmy Bradley might have a better-ish chance of adopting that particular JMM move.

2. Floyd's not as good a combination puncher as JMM, although he's way ahead on the single shot department. That's another reason why Manny struggles to get his rhythm when it's Marquez. It's like JMM saying, "You throw combos, I'll throw combos too." Combos make Manny defend, landed or not. After seeing him with Cotto, it's still pretty obvious that Floyd's more comfortable with the potshots than bunches. I mean, a twenty-something total connect percentage for a guy who bats in the forties for a decade is just...blah. So, advantage: Manny. Up two-nil.

3. Floyd springs punches, he hardly telegraphs. He hits you just when you're thinking, oh he's not gonna throw and wow, that girl next to the clapper guy is soooo--POW! Manny got hit with "trap" punches in the Clottey fight( which was boring with a big B ) because Clottey doesn't follow a rhythm and lets fly in an erratic, stop-and-go way that's a chore to read. Of course, he didn't get hurt but he did get hit. Advantage: Mayweather.

4. Floyd switches( or tries to, anyway ) style like a chameleon. When this isn't working, he'll just fall on that. He's got like, back-up plans marked A to Z. He adapts like the Ebola germ( oops, bad example ). I'm not sure if the adjustments would work on Manny's style like it did on the unlucky forty-TWO( he fought Castillo TWICE--God, some people just keep forgetting that--even Floyd^o^)but they might. Advantage: Mayweather. Back to centre.

5. Oscar vs. Bob Arum on the undercard. Twelve rounds of professional blathering for your bemusement. My call: toss-up. Bob will use his custom colostomy bag as a secret weapon and Oscar would fake a low blow to get Bob disqualified.

So there! Even Steven.
Respect even though I disagree. I honestly don't think that a Paq-May fight would be as a competitive as the May-Cotto fight was, and I had that fight 10-2 9-3. I say that because I think that May is much more comfortable at 47 than 54. While May purposely chose to lay on the ropes at times, Cotto was successful at bullying him to the ropes and keeping him there at others. Paq won't have the size and strength advantage that Cotto had. While I agree that paq's awkwardness could allow him to catch May with something early on, I think that's his best bet. You underestimate May's combination punching and ability to adapt. He's a better combo puncher than Marquez because he's more accurate, faster, has better timing, and has better defense. Marquez simply throws more combinations, but that doesn't mean that he's better at it. May can land his combos without getting hit in return a lot better than Marquez can. I also don't see May doing too much shoulder/rolling unless it's on the inside which is somewhere that Paq doesn't want to be. May won't stand there on the outside shoulder rolling waiting on Paq to get off first. I expect him to walk Paq down for the majority of the time while setting traps in an effort to get Paq to walk into stuff. Noway this is a toss up fight in
My opinion my man, May is a clear favorite. I'll reevaluate after Paq-Bradley but I just don't see it.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:47 PM
LoadedWraps
ĄDe Pinga!

Rep Power: 23 LoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond reputeLoadedWraps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 47,150,923,251,997.34
Total Points: 47,150,923,302,367.10
_4 - mathed _5 - mathed Back at ya - lparm thx, always appreciate a good toe to toe post - thuggery wouldn't let me give you greens - mathed 
pleasure to meet a NINERS fan :beerchug: - jose830 BANE - Mike Tyson77 Good karma to you for honoring our bet :) - Tyler_Durden STORMTROOPERS!!! - DonMega War Tribe - Hougigo 
To another great poster! - DosRounds To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Purple Heart for war! STORTROOPERS!! - DonMega war b-suth - Mike D For May 3rd to celebrate Mayweather's FIRST LOSS!! - Golovkin 
The LOADED medal!!! A special medal given to LoadedWraps for catching bodies on a daily basis. 1/1 SPECIAL EDITION. - Golovkin Red and Gold is my blood - -jose- A beer for my Comrad! - DonMega Toy my friend!One week  from history! - fundicao Guerra Cotto...PRPP..Tu Sabe.. - PRPOWERPUNCHES 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
^^^ This. I can't stand fans who are like him.
I agree, some people just can't admit when they are wrong. But after a fight, the proof is right there for you to re-watch over and over. How can anyone dispute the facts? Floyd landed more punches, harder punches, and got hit less. He controlled the pace of the fight, and was in control for most of it as well. There are no signs of him getting old, people bringing up his bleeding from the nose and the fact that he chose to fight on the ropes as signs of aging or a decline in performance is just ridiculous.