Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2010, 12:17 AM
MACAQUEINBLACK
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 66,523,126.86
Total Points: 66,602,965.00
Default RECOMMEND me a SONG for an EDWIN "EL INCA" VALERO TRIBUTE:

I'm making a career/life tribute video in 3 movements for Valero.

It originally was conceived as just a single movement set to The Doors' 'Not To Touch The Earth', which, at the moment, is in a state of near completion.
Now I want that to be the centerpiece of a 3 piece suite, the section which will house the meat of the boxing footage, so I have 2 more sections to make and 2 more pieces of music to choose - one I'm set on is Riz Ortolani's Cannibal Holocaust theme to back a more poignant reel laced with slow-motion footage, to be either the 1st/opening or 3rd/final movement, depending on what other piece of found music I select. That theme is so remarkable for its inexplicable evocation of our world's immemorial savagery through conversely beautiful textures and sumptuous, elegiac melody, highlighting the maddening, inseperable juxtaposition of violence and equally essential tenderness inherent in existence - and I feel it will create the same effect of emotional counterpoint when set to images like this,

as it did when set to images like this,

I flinch from nothing if it's integral to my interpretive vision for the piece, so crime-scene photos from room 624 will likely be incorporated among the elements of the remaining section, for which I need to decide on another piece of music.

As of now, I was thinking of using Bobby Beausoleil's music from Kenneth Anger's Lucifer Rising, so that the piece would cycle through Lucifer Rising > Not To Touch The Earth > Cannibal Holocaust, but that's not set in stone if I find something else.

Another candidate instead of Lucifer Rising is 'Die To Be One' or even possibly 'No Wrong', both songs written by Charles Manson and performed by Clem Grogan and The Family

Here's what I have so far,

PART 1

(0:00-4:05)

OR

OR

PART 2

PART 3

So suggest me some others for the section that is currently labelled as part 1, and which will focus on Valero and his family's destruction and the theme of death in general. I ideally want to place that section first, based on my current music choices and because I feel the directly macabre element should come first, with the more redemptive, edifying, empathetic rumination on man's fragility and his carnage upon himself (Cannibal Holocaust) to finish on a 'positive' feel.

Suggestions should be different in mood to the Doors tune and the Ortolani theme, preferably communicating morbidity but in a cinematic way.

Hit me.

Last edited by R O A ☪; 11-03-2010 at 12:23 AM..
Old 11-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Sweet Jesus
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Sweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 377,042,332.67
Total Points: 377,143,661.47
You need a gift homie.  Drink up!!!!!!!!  Drinks on me potna. - Chief2ndzOnly! 9K posts and much much improved poster - -pound4pound- Nemiroff - kyshenko team 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Ether AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - EngorgedW/Blood Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Ether 

Let's hope that one way or another, Edwin Valero is suffering right now.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:22 AM
Jack3d
Banned

Location: My CPU is neural net processor; a learning computer
Rep Power: 0 Jack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 253,235,786.06

LOL j/K
Old 11-03-2010, 12:24 AM
MACAQUEINBLACK
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
Let's hope that one way or another, Edwin Valero is suffering right now.
Yeah, I was expecting you here based on past remarks of this nature.

Thanks for your contribution, that was some stellar input. Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoleBiceps View Post
LOL j/K
LOL, I'm listening all the same.

A bit "angsty", not quite the morbidity I was looking for, hahhahaa.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:25 AM
BG_Knocc_Out
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 BG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,599,266.79
Send a message via AIM to BG_Knocc_Out

Normally I think older rock suits better for highlight videos, but I really think "Rooster" by Alice in Chains could suit it well depending on how well you can piece it in. But I like your song choices very much. I think "Rooster" could provide those sentimental moments that would add to his death, but also it would be incorporated with the hard, explosiveness the song moves into that would almost make you see a resemblance in the mood of the song with his explosive, all power style that would give you a greater feel of when he devastated his opponents. But I'm sure I'm not much help, but I'm really curious in seeing how your video turns out; I'm a fan of Valero.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Sweet Jesus
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Sweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 377,042,332.67
Total Points: 377,143,661.47
You need a gift homie.  Drink up!!!!!!!!  Drinks on me potna. - Chief2ndzOnly! 9K posts and much much improved poster - -pound4pound- Nemiroff - kyshenko team 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Ether AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - EngorgedW/Blood Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Ether 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R O A ***9770; View Post
Yeah, I was expecting you here based on past remarks of this nature.

Thanks for your contribution, that was some stellar input. Yawn.
I apologize ahead of time. I don't excuse subhuman actions because they come from men with superhuman athletic abilities.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:27 AM
MACAQUEINBLACK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
Normally I think older rock suits better for highlight videos, but I really think "Rooster" by Alice in Chains could suit it well depending on how well you can piece it in. But I like your song choices very much. I think "Rooster" could provide those sentimental moments that would add to his death, but also it would be incorporated with the hard, explosiveness the song moves into that would almost make you see a resemblance in the mood of the song with his explosive, all power style that would give you a greater feel of when he devastated his opponents. But I'm sure I'm not much help, but I'm really curious in seeing how your video turns out; I'm a fan of Valero.
Embed me that song if you can, bro, and thanks for the input.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:29 AM
krazyn8tive
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 krazyn8tive has a reputation beyond reputekrazyn8tive has a reputation beyond reputekrazyn8tive has a reputation beyond reputekrazyn8tive has a reputation beyond reputekrazyn8tive has a reputation beyond reputekrazyn8tive has a reputation beyond reputekrazyn8tive has a reputation beyond reputekrazyn8tive has a reputation beyond reputekrazyn8tive has a reputation beyond reputekrazyn8tive has a reputation beyond reputekrazyn8tive has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,000,039,774,021.18
On Me - Rocky... Kanpai - Nodogoshi cheers! - -veteran420- that sig cracks me up everytime - jazluvr somebody kick this ignorant moron - Freedom. 
No Message - RiC-DiC 

Highway to hell by ac/dc...lol
Old 11-03-2010, 12:29 AM
BG_Knocc_Out
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 BG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,599,266.79
Send a message via AIM to BG_Knocc_Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by R O A ***9770; View Post
Embed me that song if you can, bro, and thanks for the input.
Sorry if there's extra **** on this video, I clicked the first result.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:30 AM
MACAQUEINBLACK
Banned

BG_Knocc_Out, TY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
I apologize ahead of time. I don't excuse subhuman actions because they come from men with superhuman athletic abilities.
Who's asking you to excuse anything?

This thread isn't even about that.

So, maybe just chip in with a tune if you have an idea? Thanks.