Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-31-2011, 01:32 AM
BIGPOPPAPUMP
Big Bad Booty Daddy

Rep Power: 200000 BIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,502,094,099,355.78
16k posts. cheers - MELLY-MEL... To our dad. Thanks for looking after us! - S a m u r a i Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Cheers, to the servers BPP! - mangler 
unban kev183 - Kevin Jesus Thanks for all u du Pops! - jazluvr For the Sam Tribute thread! Thanks Pops! - jazluvr Our Boxingscene father, who art in heaven.... - Disposable Arts A Medal For Boxing Scenes Father...... ;-) nyargles! - BritishBoxing92 
Apple for Pump - Poor Lad Enjoy your Parallelogram - Spray_resistant Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab .........no homo - MANIAC310 
for the amazing job you do reporting the boxing news! - jose830 happy holidays Popa! - jazluvr To wipe yourself down with after Reeno's sprayed his seed up you - !! Anorak Kudos to responding to the trolling!  Seeing your pic of Mayweather on the throne has become a daily routine for me. - Trudoe saw your name on my 'recent visitor list'...I'm flattered :flirt: - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Butterball Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Ash- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Grand Champ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigpauly Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas 
Post Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” – Timothy Bradley-Devon Alexander: You Always Pay To Win; Sometimes You Lose

by David P. Greisman - The whole is not always greater than the sum of the parts. Sometimes the sum of the parts is indeed greater than the whole.

That would be an unfortunate truth in Saturday’s fight between Timothy Bradley and Devon Alexander.

The bout turned out to be a struggle between what each boxer wanted to do and what he would actually be able to do.

It proved to be a conflict between expectations and reality.

It wound up with an imbalance between what people paid for and what they received.

You pay to win, but that is never a guarantee. As my father reminded me every time a scratch-off lottery ticket failed to reveal winning numbers – you play to lose.

Everyone lost on Saturday.

Bradley and Alexander, as two of the top three boxers in the junior-welterweight division, were fighting for the right to be called the consensus No. 1 man at 140 pounds. The winner would have momentum carrying him toward a clash with the other of the three, Amir Khan. And the victor of that bout would be seen as the undisputed champion. The loser could take some consolation were he to be competitive in defeat.

HBO had paid a few million dollars and received a major fight with multiple natural storylines. The network had reportedly given itself a contractual option for a rematch and also had guaranteed money for subsequent HBO fights for both Bradley and Alexander. And after paying considerable cash to build Amir Khan, HBO had all three top junior welterweights to put its marketing muscle behind.

Promoters Gary Shaw and Thompson Boxing (Bradley) and Don King (Alexander) had put their fighters in the toughest matches of their careers, hoping for their guy to win and to become more of a star (and, hence, make them more money) – but also taking the chance that their guy would lose his world title and, hence, lose some luster.

The fight wasn’t good.

Such an outcome had been possible. Bradley is orthodox, a right-handed fighter. Alexander is a southpaw, a left-handed fighter. Such a pairing alone can lead to heads clashing accidentally. Throw in Bradley’s propensity for leading with his head, and the likelihood of ugliness became even greater. [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-31-2011, 01:50 AM
UglyPug
Banned

Rep Power: 0 UglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,891,078,630.25
Total Points: 112,631,336,232.79
No Message - Tha_Greatest I ran over a cat today so I'm celebrating with Pizza - Terrel Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas x x x - *Boss Lady* Feliz Navidad pug - MANIAC310 
Happy Holidays Pugz!! - Lorily Happy New Year - Freedom. como un Jefe! - MANIAC310 compliments of Mr. Cardo  &quot;you'll need it&quot; - Rockin' no homo - MANIAC310 
ASU 34 Michigan 32 - Mountain Man 10k - MANIAC310 Taking a bite out of crime - VERSATILE2K12 welcome back bro - MANIAC310 welcome back - Larry.X. 
for speaking the truth about ghetto youths - I'm so sorry Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Cheers! - dan_cov Another, enjoy the fights! - dan_cov GOAT poster - I'm so sorry 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Hous Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 

oh what a clever pun at the end! what a clever play on words. damn, the boxing writers are declining just as fast as boxers these days. . . candid effort, at least. . .
Old 01-31-2011, 01:50 AM
UglyPug
Banned

Rep Power: 0 UglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,891,078,630.25
Total Points: 112,631,336,232.79
No Message - Tha_Greatest I ran over a cat today so I'm celebrating with Pizza - Terrel Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas x x x - *Boss Lady* Feliz Navidad pug - MANIAC310 
Happy Holidays Pugz!! - Lorily Happy New Year - Freedom. como un Jefe! - MANIAC310 compliments of Mr. Cardo  &quot;you'll need it&quot; - Rockin' no homo - MANIAC310 
ASU 34 Michigan 32 - Mountain Man 10k - MANIAC310 Taking a bite out of crime - VERSATILE2K12 welcome back bro - MANIAC310 welcome back - Larry.X. 
for speaking the truth about ghetto youths - I'm so sorry Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Cheers! - dan_cov Another, enjoy the fights! - dan_cov GOAT poster - I'm so sorry 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Hous Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 

BIG BAD BOOTY DADDY! hahahaha. why do you get to post all these articles?
Old 01-31-2011, 02:23 AM
Check_hooks
The Don of NSB

Rep Power: 44 Check_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 864,493,254,393,406,080.00
Total Points: 872,393,254,493,423,104.00
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Legend ass poster. Keeping dirty ass flomos on lockdown 24/7 - Neutral warrrrrrrrrrrrr pakyaw - Lotus Flower War Pac! - Talisayen Pac by brutal KO! - Talisayen 
best weekend ever - Fighting_Pride Pactard 4ever - -MARKAVELLI- Manny Manny Mannny - PAC-BOY No Message - Dehydrator Best dude wins - Capaedia 
you can name it lil pacquiao so you can shove it up your ass - xcaret IV check_hooks is the boss of all bosses - I'm so sorry check_hooks is a legend - thuggery I apologize it was uncalled for - Jloro happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley 
ATG poster - jas It's Pacquiaos, Put it in your mouth - BrushMyHair One of the greats - jas Great Loma vs GRJ Prediction - jas Thanks for the stream! - mathed 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Nemisis Gay and Lesbian Pride - NO PANIC! Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas 

This fight was pathetic. Thats all there is to it.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:22 AM
JDezi4
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 JDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,200,259.89
STORMTROOPERS - DonMega 

As I read this very over-dramatic article I seriously have to ask this question. Who honestly thought this fight was going to be a war?

Lmao Look at the styles and get your facts straight people.

Every pre-fight interview, he'd say "this is just another fight to me, that's all". That was a dead give-away that he was going to fight this fight like he does every fight. Alexander is an outside fighter, and unlike Khan (also an outside fighter), knows how to clinch on the inside, and does every time. All that does is suck the action out of a fight.

And Bradley, unlike Kotelnik and Maidana, is too short and far from powerful enough to force Alexander into a fight. If he had longer arms, it would've looked just like Alexander vs Kotelnik, only better becuz its Bradley.

Despite not being GREAT at everything, its really amazing to know how GOOD Bradley has to be at everything to pull out victories like this, be they entertaining or otherwise.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:03 AM
leon30001
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 leon30001 is infamous around these partsleon30001 is infamous around these partsleon30001 is infamous around these partsleon30001 is infamous around these partsleon30001 is infamous around these partsleon30001 is infamous around these partsleon30001 is infamous around these partsleon30001 is infamous around these partsleon30001 is infamous around these partsleon30001 is infamous around these partsleon30001 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,302.63

theres something RIDICULOUS about boxing coverage these days. And the "fans" who know NOTHING. This was NEVER going to be a great fight. EVER. Furthermore, these two were both massively overrated; and I said that months ago. Khan shuts Bradely out. The guy has nothing to trouble him with, except his head.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:14 AM
KJB
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 KJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 550,216,288.12
Total Points: 560,293,546.27

Boxing writers are going way too far with this. The fight was not an epic Hagler-Hearns type of battle, sure, but it was far from a terrible fight. Alexander was staying away and trying to box which definitely stalled the action, but Timmy didnt really stop coming after him. There was a great deal of conflict, and a lot of good boxing on display. The ending was disappointing, sure, but the fight itself was as good as anyone who knows boxing should have expected.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:34 AM
montevideokid
Banned

Total Points: 2,184.92

i wanna puke when u call him timmy.most of the great fighters are gone, now we hav slicksters, dodgers, good to great boxers but few real fighters.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:40 PM
Gratide
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 Gratide has a reputation beyond reputeGratide has a reputation beyond reputeGratide has a reputation beyond reputeGratide has a reputation beyond reputeGratide has a reputation beyond reputeGratide has a reputation beyond reputeGratide has a reputation beyond reputeGratide has a reputation beyond reputeGratide has a reputation beyond reputeGratide has a reputation beyond reputeGratide has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,603.23

This fight lived DOWN to my expectations . Two feather fisted loud mouths , easily put out to pasture by ANY of the elite fighters of thier class .
Old 01-31-2011, 09:03 PM
TaurusJ27
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 TaurusJ27 is a name known to allTaurusJ27 is a name known to allTaurusJ27 is a name known to allTaurusJ27 is a name known to allTaurusJ27 is a name known to allTaurusJ27 is a name known to all
Total Points: 25,133.70

bradley and alexander need to schedule new fights to erase the bad memory this fight has on people.