Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 01-30-2011, 03:29 PM
paulsinghnl
Student of the game

Rep Power: 7 paulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 183,738.96
Total Points: 229,740.13
Default lifting a dumbbell with your teeth against head injuries

hey ppl,

i saw this post on http://www.defrancostraining.com/ask...in-review.html

at the bottom of the post u can see a video of a guy holding a dumbbell with his teeth. which comes to think of it, is actually pretty smart, because like the post says, is very beneficial against concussions and head injuries: a strong neck and strong jaw.

concussions and head injuries, which occur in the boxing ring too of course.

what you guys think of this? i might try it out with like a 5 - 10 lb dumbbell.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Traveler1
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Traveler1 has a spectacular aura aboutTraveler1 has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,608.55
Great post fella - jimbo87 

If you're looking to strengthen your neck, you need to get a head harness like the one pictured below.

As for the guy in the video, he's a retard. That **** cannot be good for your teeth.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:50 PM
paulsinghnl
Student of the game

Rep Power: 7 paulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond reputepaulsinghnl has a reputation beyond repute

well that's just for your neck. he's doing it with his teeth, to also strengthen his jaw. i think that's pretty smart, because your jaw is actually where you get hit more instead of just your neck.

apparently the dude started out with a light weight and worked his way up like that. i donno if it's smart, but the other alternative is chewing a lot of gum, i guess?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:26 PM
GhostfaceKillah
Ghostface MANGLER

Rep Power: 5 GhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond reputeGhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond reputeGhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond reputeGhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond reputeGhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond reputeGhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond reputeGhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond reputeGhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond reputeGhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond reputeGhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond reputeGhostfaceKillah has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 44,503,432.44
Total Points: 61,521,384.46

You do understand that having healthy and strong teeth is also a factor in being able to take punches?

That will ruin your teeth and have you wearing false ones by age 40.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:44 PM
paulsinghnl
Student of the game

hahaha guess you're right, i didnt try it anyway. i was just doing some jaw flexing exercises.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Pony Boy
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Pony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 76,164.73

I've seen some thai boxers use a leather strap tied to a weight. They bite on the leather strap and do neck exercises. They said it also strengthens the jaw. I've never tried it but maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to try it.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:57 AM
oaklandstephen
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 oaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 347,905,160,956.48
Total Points: 347,973,335,313.30

yeah i like this idea. i know raushee warren does this too. i may give it a try.