Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Reply
Thread Navigation

#21
Old 01-14-2011, 01:41 PM
CarlosG815
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit
Posts: 3,691
Rep Power: 13 CarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 498,056,788.32
Bank: 2,208,198,839,967.19
Total Points: 2,208,696,896,755.51
Have a beer. - Barnburner Have some. - Hara No Message - JAB5239 
Default

It's amusing to me the amount of support that Lennox gets even with the hindsight of knowing that he never fought a top contender at the top of their game. It'd be one thing if he fought a few, but he fought 0 and always makes the excuse that they ducked him. Let's get real guys, how many top contenders who are professional fighters afraid to fight? And why be afraid of Lennox?

It is what it is, there is no need to make excuses for him. Here is what we know.

He never fought a prime top contender
Every big name on his resume was SHOT
Lewis claims everybody ducked him

Can we use common sense, or do we just take Lewis at his word? How can anybody say Bowe was scared when Bowe's resume has prime top contenders on it? Lewis' resume doesn't have the same prowess yet people are quick to accuse Bowe of being scared (which is funny to me, because Bowe is leaps and bounds better than Lewis, IMO).
Reply With Quote
CarlosG815 is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#22
Old 01-14-2011, 02:14 PM
BigStereotype
#1 Knicks Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Storrs, CT
Age: 22
Posts: 7,061
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 54 BigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 202,000,213,633.31
Bank: 243,578,102,083.76
Total Points: 445,578,315,717.07
Very Good poster. - Barnburner Keep up the good posts. - Barnburner BURRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid 100% solid - The Surgeon another useless dothraki clown, here savage - Ether 
Heres a Fish! - The Surgeon :) - MANIAC310 Merry Christmas - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon No problem bro, thanks.. Knicks will be fine. - Fresno 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Barnburner Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyZagz View Post
Are you saying that Lennox is not the dominant HW of the last 30 years? Id like to know who youd rank above him.

The reason Lennox has so many haters like Sonny is because LL is a man without a country: No one knows if he is Canadien, Jamaican, or Brit.

As an Italian-American who moved to the UK, I can relate to him a lot.
I wouldn't say so, although you certainly could make the argument. But I said that nobody thinks he's the dominant fighter of the last 30 years. Fighter. Would you say that Lennox Lewis is the most dominant boxer of the last 30 years in any weight class? Because Ricardo Lopez, Roy Jones and Pernell Whitaker would have something to say about that.
Reply With Quote
BigStereotype is offline
#23
Old 01-14-2011, 02:19 PM
sonnyboyx2
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 4,373
Rep Power: 15 sonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 84,785,694.98
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 84,785,694.98
Gift for Green - HaglerSteelChin Illiterate troll of the month award. - Jim Jeffries for being a cool poster in history section - led Cool poster award - -Lightsout- Like reading your posts, funny too.  Good job, keep it up. - -D33Pwaters- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Demise Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - tanibanana 
Default

Moloney's word is "carved in stone" and Bowe is a Liar?
Reply With Quote
sonnyboyx2 is offline
#24
Old 01-14-2011, 02:25 PM
katsidis
OG Kats
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,491
Rep Power: 6 katsidis has a reputation beyond reputekatsidis has a reputation beyond reputekatsidis has a reputation beyond reputekatsidis has a reputation beyond reputekatsidis has a reputation beyond reputekatsidis has a reputation beyond reputekatsidis has a reputation beyond reputekatsidis has a reputation beyond reputekatsidis has a reputation beyond reputekatsidis has a reputation beyond reputekatsidis has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 44,475.57
Bank: 5,800,353,335.63
Total Points: 5,800,397,811.20
No Message - chiguy91 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosG815 View Post
It's amusing to me the amount of support that Lennox gets even with the hindsight of knowing that he never fought a top contender at the top of their game. It'd be one thing if he fought a few, but he fought 0 and always makes the excuse that they ducked him. Let's get real guys, how many top contenders who are professional fighters afraid to fight? And why be afraid of Lennox?

It is what it is, there is no need to make excuses for him. Here is what we know.

He never fought a prime top contender

Every big name on his resume was SHOT
Lewis claims everybody ducked him

Can we use common sense, or do we just take Lewis at his word? How can anybody say Bowe was scared when Bowe's resume has prime top contenders on it? Lewis' resume doesn't have the same prowess yet people are quick to accuse Bowe of being scared (which is funny to me, because Bowe is leaps and bounds better than Lewis, IMO).
Saying that Lewis never fought a contender is just stupid, I'm just going through his record now, he fought a 32-1 Vitali Klitschko. Let me guess, Vitali was not a contender? He fought prime Tua, was he not a contender? Ok Botha and Rahman never really were that much, I'll give you that one. He destroyed 31-0 Michael Grant in 2 rounds, beat Holyfield twice, ok Mavrovic never really was much but atleast he was prime. Then prime Briggs, prime Golota, prime Mercer, a 48-1 Tony Tucker, and beat Razor Ruddock in 2 rounds.

Were none prime?
Reply With Quote
katsidis is offline
#25
Old 01-14-2011, 02:37 PM
BigStereotype
#1 Knicks Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Storrs, CT
Age: 22
Posts: 7,061
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 54 BigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 202,000,213,633.31
Bank: 243,578,102,083.76
Total Points: 445,578,315,717.07
Very Good poster. - Barnburner Keep up the good posts. - Barnburner BURRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid 100% solid - The Surgeon another useless dothraki clown, here savage - Ether 
Heres a Fish! - The Surgeon :) - MANIAC310 Merry Christmas - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon No problem bro, thanks.. Knicks will be fine. - Fresno 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Barnburner Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsidis View Post
Saying that Lewis never fought a contender is just stupid, I'm just going through his record now, he fought a 32-1 Vitali Klitschko. Let me guess, Vitali was not a contender? He fought prime Tua, was he not a contender? Ok Botha and Rahman never really were that much, I'll give you that one. He destroyed 31-0 Michael Grant in 2 rounds, beat Holyfield twice, ok Mavrovic never really was much but atleast he was prime. Then prime Briggs, prime Golota, prime Mercer, a 48-1 Tony Tucker, and beat Razor Ruddock in 2 rounds.

Were none prime?
No, because if they were prime, Lewis would have ducked them. He fought Methuselah 45 times and the only reason he had the courage to get in the ring then was because of the steroids. Lennox Lewis actually ducked me in 1993 because I could have poleaxed him. His eyes were totally glassy and he was stumbling around the imaginary ring in his cowardly heart just thinking about my two year old fists of fury.
Reply With Quote
BigStereotype is offline
#26
Old 01-14-2011, 02:40 PM
CarlosG815
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit
Posts: 3,691
Rep Power: 13 CarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 498,056,788.32
Bank: 2,208,198,839,967.19
Total Points: 2,208,696,896,755.51
Have a beer. - Barnburner Have some. - Hara No Message - JAB5239 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsidis View Post
Saying that Lewis never fought a contender is just stupid, I'm just going through his record now, he fought a 32-1 Vitali Klitschko. Let me guess, Vitali was not a contender? He fought prime Tua, was he not a contender? Ok Botha and Rahman never really were that much, I'll give you that one. He destroyed 31-0 Michael Grant in 2 rounds, beat Holyfield twice, ok Mavrovic never really was much but atleast he was prime. Then prime Briggs, prime Golota, prime Mercer, a 48-1 Tony Tucker, and beat Razor Ruddock in 2 rounds.

Were none prime?
You say my comments are stupid but all you can do is check boxrec. Klitschko is the best name on his resume, as he was prime. The fight was stopped due to a cut. I suppose you also look at Amir Khan's KO of Barrera to be legit as well. I mean a KO is a KO, don't get me wrong, but is that a good gauge of greatness? If Barrera hadn't been cut would he still have lost the fight? If Vitali hadn't been cut would he still have lost? We don't know. Lewis never fought him again, despite the premature stoppage due to a cut.

David Tua was far from his prime. Tua in his prime weight 210-218 pounds. He was obese when he signed to fight Lewis and was only able to cut down to 245 pounds by weigh in. Tua was 30 pounds over his prime weight and if you couldn't tell from looking at him he was past it and very overweight. Watch the fight and look at the roll after roll of fat on David Tua's body. He outweighed Lennox despite being only 5'10.

You have no idea what you're even talking about, it looks like you just went ot boxrec and plucked recognizable names from his resume. The fact that you go on the way that you do proves what I have said to be correct. You have just pulled names from a resume.
Reply With Quote
CarlosG815 is offline
#27
Old 01-14-2011, 02:43 PM
CarlosG815
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit
Posts: 3,691
Rep Power: 13 CarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 498,056,788.32
Bank: 2,208,198,839,967.19
Total Points: 2,208,696,896,755.51
Have a beer. - Barnburner Have some. - Hara No Message - JAB5239 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStereotype View Post
No, because if they were prime, Lewis would have ducked them. He fought Methuselah 45 times and the only reason he had the courage to get in the ring then was because of the steroids. Lennox Lewis actually ducked me in 1993 because I could have poleaxed him. His eyes were totally glassy and he was stumbling around the imaginary ring in his cowardly heart just thinking about my two year old fists of fury.
You are trying to be condescending but to many boxing fans Lennox Lewis is a coward and not as great as many in the UK, Canada, etc. claim him to be.

Lennox Lewis, even in his prime, had very few fans outside of his country, and very very few fans in the states.
Reply With Quote
CarlosG815 is offline
#28
Old 01-14-2011, 02:48 PM
BigStereotype
#1 Knicks Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Storrs, CT
Age: 22
Posts: 7,061
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 54 BigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond reputeBigStereotype has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 202,000,213,633.31
Bank: 243,578,102,083.76
Total Points: 445,578,315,717.07
Very Good poster. - Barnburner Keep up the good posts. - Barnburner BURRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid 100% solid - The Surgeon another useless dothraki clown, here savage - Ether 
Heres a Fish! - The Surgeon :) - MANIAC310 Merry Christmas - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon No problem bro, thanks.. Knicks will be fine. - Fresno 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Barnburner Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosG815 View Post
You are trying to be condescending but to many boxing fans Lennox Lewis is a coward and not as great as many in the UK, Canada, etc. claim him to be.

Lennox Lewis, even in his prime, had very few fans outside of his country, and very very few fans in the states.
Oh don't worry about it, I'm just having some fun with you guys. I don't really care either way about Lewis, actually. I think he was a great fighter who's overrated by some, underrated by some. Good right hand, good tactical skills, good at using his natural advantages, but chinny.
Reply With Quote
BigStereotype is offline
#29
Old 01-14-2011, 03:45 PM
katsidis
OG Kats
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,491
Rep Power: 6 katsidis has a reputation beyond reputekatsidis has a reputation beyond reputekatsidis has a reputation beyond reputekatsidis has a reputation beyond reputekatsidis has a reputation beyond reputekatsidis has a reputation beyond reputekatsidis has a reputation beyond reputekatsidis has a reputation beyond reputekatsidis has a reputation beyond reputekatsidis has a reputation beyond reputekatsidis has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 44,475.57
Bank: 5,800,353,335.63
Total Points: 5,800,397,811.20
No Message - chiguy91 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosG815 View Post
You say my comments are stupid but all you can do is check boxrec. Klitschko is the best name on his resume, as he was prime. The fight was stopped due to a cut. I suppose you also look at Amir Khan's KO of Barrera to be legit as well. I mean a KO is a KO, don't get me wrong, but is that a good gauge of greatness? If Barrera hadn't been cut would he still have lost the fight? If Vitali hadn't been cut would he still have lost? We don't know. Lewis never fought him again, despite the premature stoppage due to a cut.

David Tua was far from his prime. Tua in his prime weight 210-218 pounds. He was obese when he signed to fight Lewis and was only able to cut down to 245 pounds by weigh in. Tua was 30 pounds over his prime weight and if you couldn't tell from looking at him he was past it and very overweight. Watch the fight and look at the roll after roll of fat on David Tua's body. He outweighed Lennox despite being only 5'10.

You have no idea what you're even talking about, it looks like you just went ot boxrec and plucked recognizable names from his resume. The fact that you go on the way that you do proves what I have said to be correct. You have just pulled names from a resume.
Of course I dont thinkKhans KO over barrera was legit, although i do think Khan would have won though.

Tua was only 30+ above what he normally was because he even admitted he thought he could KO Lennox in the first few rounds and thought he wouldnt need to lose the weight. Thats the only reason why he's still kicking around now, because he wants to make up for not training against Lewis in his big shot to win a world title. I will try to find the interview where I heard this somewhere.

I only used boxrec to look at his resume lol, I wasnt saying i know everything about the guy.

I just find it stupid to see how people refuse to see how Bowe refused to face Lewis. The guy would rather throw his title in the bin rather than face Lennox, how is that hard to understand?
Reply With Quote
katsidis is offline
#30
Old 01-15-2011, 04:32 AM
sonnyboyx2
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 4,373
Rep Power: 15 sonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond reputesonnyboyx2 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 84,785,694.98
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 84,785,694.98
Gift for Green - HaglerSteelChin Illiterate troll of the month award. - Jim Jeffries for being a cool poster in history section - led Cool poster award - -Lightsout- Like reading your posts, funny too.  Good job, keep it up. - -D33Pwaters- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Demise Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - tanibanana 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosG815 View Post
You say my comments are stupid but all you can do is check boxrec. Klitschko is the best name on his resume, as he was prime. The fight was stopped due to a cut. I suppose you also look at Amir Khan's KO of Barrera to be legit as well. I mean a KO is a KO, don't get me wrong, but is that a good gauge of greatness? If Barrera hadn't been cut would he still have lost the fight? If Vitali hadn't been cut would he still have lost? We don't know. Lewis never fought him again, despite the premature stoppage due to a cut.

David Tua was far from his prime. Tua in his prime weight 210-218 pounds. He was obese when he signed to fight Lewis and was only able to cut down to 245 pounds by weigh in. Tua was 30 pounds over his prime weight and if you couldn't tell from looking at him he was past it and very overweight. Watch the fight and look at the roll after roll of fat on David Tua's body. He outweighed Lennox despite being only 5'10.

You have no idea what you're even talking about, it looks like you just went ot boxrec and plucked recognizable names from his resume. The fact that you go on the way that you do proves what I have said to be correct. You have just pulled names from a resume.
great post Carlos...
Reply With Quote
sonnyboyx2 is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
''lennox, bowe's, conceded, demands'', frank, maloney

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.