Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2011, 03:15 AM
ATG Fighter
One and Only

Rep Power: 13 ATG Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeATG Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeATG Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeATG Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeATG Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeATG Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeATG Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeATG Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeATG Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeATG Fighter has a reputation beyond reputeATG Fighter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,875,465,522.37
Total Points: 13,880,010,786.50
Default Disaster Declared As Australia Flood Death Toll Rises

Brisbane, Australia (CNN) -- Rescuers searching for dozens of people missing in floodwater west of Brisbane, Australia, have found another body, taking the death toll from recent torrential rain to nine.

Fifty-nine people remain missing after a wall of water swept through the town of Toowoomba, about 125 kilometers (80 miles) west of Brisbane, on Monday afternoon, overturning cars and swamping homes with little warning

By late Tuesday, three quarters of Queensland had been declared a disaster zone as the rain continued to fall and overwhelm creeks and rivers in the state's south-east.

The Brisbane River, which runs through the capital, broke its banks as residents were warned to brace themselves for the worst flooding since 1974.

More than 6,500 homes were at risk of flooding in the next two days, according to forecasts issued by Brisbane City Council.

People in low-lying areas of the city were being urged to move to higher ground Tuesday, and residents were being offered sandbags to protect their property against potential damage.

An evacuation center has been set up in the city center to house people forced to abandon their homes.

In January 1974, 14 people died after the Brisbane River burst its banks after three weeks of heavy rain, flooding more than 6,000 homes.

"This flood event continues to develop and change at a frightening pace," Queensland Premier Anna Bligh told reporters Tuesday.

"As more rain continues to fall, local and state-level disaster management personnel are working to ensure the preparedness and safety of the community," she said.

Monday's disaster in Toowoomba was being described as an unprecedented event, where residents received little or no warning of the wall of water racing towards them.

Amateur video showed a fast-flowing brown river of water tossing cars down the main street. Four of the nine victims were children who were trapped inside cars with their mothers.

"It was almost like a movie scene - I went to a car park, it's a council car park - and we had cars stacked on top of each other," Toowoomba regional councillor Joe Ramia told national broadcaster, ABC.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/as...tralia.floods/
Old 01-11-2011, 04:41 AM
JAB5239
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,946,911,790,948.20
Total Points: 19,946,911,862,032.65
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship & for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty FSM View Post
Brisbane, Australia (CNN) -- Rescuers searching for dozens of people missing in floodwater west of Brisbane, Australia, have found another body, taking the death toll from recent torrential rain to nine.

Fifty-nine people remain missing after a wall of water swept through the town of Toowoomba, about 125 kilometers (80 miles) west of Brisbane, on Monday afternoon, overturning cars and swamping homes with little warning

By late Tuesday, three quarters of Queensland had been declared a disaster zone as the rain continued to fall and overwhelm creeks and rivers in the state's south-east.

The Brisbane River, which runs through the capital, broke its banks as residents were warned to brace themselves for the worst flooding since 1974.

More than 6,500 homes were at risk of flooding in the next two days, according to forecasts issued by Brisbane City Council.

People in low-lying areas of the city were being urged to move to higher ground Tuesday, and residents were being offered sandbags to protect their property against potential damage.

An evacuation center has been set up in the city center to house people forced to abandon their homes.

In January 1974, 14 people died after the Brisbane River burst its banks after three weeks of heavy rain, flooding more than 6,000 homes.

"This flood event continues to develop and change at a frightening pace," Queensland Premier Anna Bligh told reporters Tuesday.

"As more rain continues to fall, local and state-level disaster management personnel are working to ensure the preparedness and safety of the community," she said.

Monday's disaster in Toowoomba was being described as an unprecedented event, where residents received little or no warning of the wall of water racing towards them.

Amateur video showed a fast-flowing brown river of water tossing cars down the main street. Four of the nine victims were children who were trapped inside cars with their mothers.

"It was almost like a movie scene - I went to a car park, it's a council car park - and we had cars stacked on top of each other," Toowoomba regional councillor Joe Ramia told national broadcaster, ABC.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/as...tralia.floods/

Isn't Stone Roses from that area?

Wishing the best to any of my Australian buds in that area.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:45 AM
cooper5
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 78 cooper5 has a reputation beyond reputecooper5 has a reputation beyond reputecooper5 has a reputation beyond reputecooper5 has a reputation beyond reputecooper5 has a reputation beyond reputecooper5 has a reputation beyond reputecooper5 has a reputation beyond reputecooper5 has a reputation beyond reputecooper5 has a reputation beyond reputecooper5 has a reputation beyond reputecooper5 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 579,301,535,708.06
Total Points: 589,301,542,912.54
good luck - TBear Super poster - jazluvr449 E-Gift - ??? have an apple - MANGLER food - MANGLER 
Here you go - ??? These are good for you. - jazluvr super - TBear have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
To a deserving poster! - jazluvr tnx sa green - speedjay Good friends are treasure - jazluvr have a beer man - MANGLER Happy holidays, buddy! - jazluvr 
Happy New Year. - Round 1 cash money - MANGLER for luck and good health - jazluvr 
Childhood Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - ??? 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Izrock Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANGLER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post

Isn't Stone Roses from that area?
No I believe Melbourne which is far away.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:49 AM
JAB5239
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship & for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper5 View Post
No I believe Melbourne which is far away.

He's got New South Wales in his profile info and that's only a few hundred miles away I believe. Just curious because I haven't seen him posting much.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:53 AM
JAB5239
Banned

Lol, never mind, I didn't realize how many New South Wales there were in Australia.I forgot I was talking about a continent.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...nces.html?n=47
Old 01-11-2011, 05:49 AM
MARKBNLV
Im A Mark

Rep Power: 107 MARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 210,146,598,245.09
Total Points: 815,589,709,063.87
4500 post in Boss Lady's thread of madness! :) - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year! x - *Boss Lady* Merry xmas too bro! - led Happy Holidays Marky! - Lorily 
merry christmas - Tha_Greatest Merry christmas bud - TBear Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy bday bro. - led Happy Birthday Mark - TBear 
Keep life rollin' don't stop being positive! - Uns Right back at you, love :) - Bossy :) - Bossy Congrats for the second kid - led* get some pussy bro - Mannie Phresh 
great job exposing that racist draft dodger ali. hes in his state because hes a racist and deserves it - I'm so sorry No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* Mwerry Christmas Mark. I hope you have a great one bro. - deanrw happy new years homie, lol, you my boy , lol, peace, to you and your family aswell - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ??? Childhood Cancer - LeeVanCleef Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - shogun tua Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jazluvr Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Rip Chudd Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey 

\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited by MARKBNLV; 01-11-2011 at 05:45 PM..
Old 01-11-2011, 06:53 AM
One more round
GGG make toney good boy

Rep Power: 13 One more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond reputeOne more round has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,720.22
Total Points: 10,012,737,281.00
one of the worst posters in the history of boxingscene - Freedom2014 Easily the worst member of NSB - Red Cyclone to make yourself look pretty for LacedUp - Weltschmerz sit on this, fanboy. then do your homework little piss ant - Weltschmerz suck it slut - Weltschmerz 
suck biatch - Rammstein 

Lucky I'm on the other end of the country.

The poster Dan lives up in Brisbane though.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:59 AM
Dan...
Fredette About It

Rep Power: 35 Dan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,259,639,550.99
Total Points: 3,269,760,377.11
Round on me - boxing2005 Fuck a beer have some Don P with me for B-Hop, i aint drinkin by myself!!! - bearman3000 3K Posts! - T-97 Thanks bro - T-97 great poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Melly-Mel 
cheers to a great poster - Melly-Mel No Message - mt102879 It doesn't help that they are led by Flawless - arguably the most annoying man on the planet. - Left Hook Tua Thanks man. - Silencers To good debates in 09! - KrisSilver 
lol merry new year , sir. - Left Hook Tua Dr.Joshua: Mix this soda with rum, take a motrin, and call me in the morning. - J. HITTER 6000 posts, congrats! - JAB5239 Give these sour grapes to Ponting next time you see him - The Monk Cool cat, good poster - mangler 
Have a cold glass of Fosters - Kevin Jesus You deserve a kick for your red K to Gully - Carnivore Happy Birthday for tomorrow mate. - Philfy These are great! - jazluvr449 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by One more round View Post
Lucky I'm on the other end of the country.

The poster Dan lives up in Brisbane though.
Its mental up here mate, nuts.

10 confirmed dead and 78 missing and the authorities don't seem hopeful. Pretty tough.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:17 AM
gingeralbino
WAR MAGEE!!!

Rep Power: 26 gingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,482,878,327,900.13
Total Points: 9,482,878,406,108.25
ugly kid is gonna need it after he gets whooped - Sir TomJones top poster - S~T~J For being a consistently rock solid poster - The Surgeon one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Happy St Patrick's Day - Freedom2014 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 

i lived in the gold coast for nearly a year, got a few mates from there. They were saying on facebook it could go next.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:18 AM
gingeralbino
WAR MAGEE!!!

Rep Power: 26 gingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,482,878,327,900.13
Total Points: 9,482,878,406,108.25
ugly kid is gonna need it after he gets whooped - Sir TomJones top poster - S~T~J For being a consistently rock solid poster - The Surgeon one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Happy St Patrick's Day - Freedom2014 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
Lol, never mind, I didn't realize how many New South Wales there were in Australia.I forgot I was talking about a continent.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...nces.html?n=47
i think he's from sydney, which is about a 12 hour drive from Brisbane