Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-31-2010, 09:35 AM
JakeNDaBox
The Jake of All Trades

Rep Power: 200000 JakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 41,613,044,522.96
Total Points: 41,819,681,682.19
Send a message via AIM to JakeNDaBox Send a message via Yahoo to JakeNDaBox
Post Comments Thread For: Boxingscene's 201 Y/E Awards: Prospect Of The Year

By Jake Donovan

If boxing is left with a 2010 season that was best known for what didn’t take place at the top level, then at the very least it could have left us with hope and promise for the future.

It did.

While it remains a struggle to piece together all of the big fights for which the public clamors, it hasn’t slowed the flow of traffic at the prospect level.

Thanks to stateside prospect-based series on various networks, more fighters than ever before are provided with the opportunity to make a name for themselves on the way up rather than being forced to toil in obscurity while awaiting their chance at prime time exposure.

Two stood out more so than any other, to where both are on the verge of title contention.

That they have both advanced to the contender stage before year’s end perhaps challenge the criteria that goes into recognizing the best prospects in the sport.

Still, that both are still on the rise qualifies them as fighters that continue to learn while they earn.

One started out a little further back than the other yet managed to catch up before the end of the year in terms of career progress.

With that comes the…

BOXINGSCENE.COM 2010 PROSPECT OF THE YEAR – MIGUEL ANGEL ‘MIKEY’ GARCIA [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-31-2010, 10:05 AM
PACnPBFsuck
BigMac, BigKing or BigMic

Rep Power: 51 PACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 339,855,535,803,192.25
Total Points: 339,855,535,807,036.75
stream - BostonGuy TO THE U!!! - the mesiah Cheers bro! - dan_cov for good luck - jazluvr Happy Holidays PACnPBFsuck - !! AI-Holmes!! 
have a safe one bro! :beerchug: - jose830 No Message - dan_cov Congrats Buddy - EvilGenius thanks for the quick payment - -jose- thanks for quick payment - -jose- 
:beerchug: - -jose- about trillions - sugarsmosley 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - PACnPBFsuck AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - VERMIN Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
By Jake Donovan

If boxing is left with a 2010 season that was best known for what didn’t take place at the top level, then at the very least it could have left us with hope and promise for the future.

It did.

While it remains a struggle to piece together all of the big fights for which the public clamors, it hasn’t slowed the flow of traffic at the prospect level.

Thanks to stateside prospect-based series on various networks, more fighters than ever before are provided with the opportunity to make a name for themselves on the way up rather than being forced to toil in obscurity while awaiting their chance at prime time exposure.

Two stood out more so than any other, to where both are on the verge of title contention.

That they have both advanced to the contender stage before year’s end perhaps challenge the criteria that goes into recognizing the best prospects in the sport.

Still, that both are still on the rise qualifies them as fighters that continue to learn while they earn.

One started out a little further back than the other yet managed to catch up before the end of the year in terms of career progress.

With that comes the…

BOXINGSCENE.COM 2010 PROSPECT OF THE YEAR – MIGUEL ANGEL ‘MIKEY’ GARCIA [Click Here To Read More]
I would like to see him Juanma or Gamboa, Mikey looks like way better technical boxer than both.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:36 AM
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Rep Power: 77 jrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3.85
Total Points: 383,418,954,121.09
13 burgers - Dambala Good poster - Mucus Great poster/member award! - jazluvr Leader of the MannyPac Mafia, a real OG - Erik13 For being one of the most solid posters in the History of BoxingScene!!!!  Keep on posting bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! 
more beer - -pound4pound- Maidana p4p GOAT - Dick Buffman These are really good - jazluvr This place would not be the same without you Jro... you rock - Lorily for being a great poster - led 
For keepin' it real - jazluvr hope you get drunk :) - led Thanks for hooking me up with your cousin - Heebarican oscar haters need beer - -pound4pound- Merry X-mas!!! - HandSpeed303 
Happy Holidays Jro! - Lorily Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger Here is a beer for you homie!! - el20cuatro Fellow Leuzinger Olympian - MANIAC310 Happy Holidays JRo! - Lorily 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MANIAC310 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 

One fighter who I have yet seen mentioned as a candidate of prospect of the year in any website was Chris Martin. He had a breakout year this year with beating fellow prospect Chris Avalos and he went 5-0 this year.

I agree with Mickey Garcia winning it though. I just think Martin should have been in the honorable mention. I guess he didn't get any votes but nobody is mentioning him in any website. Dan Rafael did a top 25 and didn't mention him
Old 12-31-2010, 12:06 PM
MXboxingfan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 MXboxingfan has a reputation beyond reputeMXboxingfan has a reputation beyond reputeMXboxingfan has a reputation beyond reputeMXboxingfan has a reputation beyond reputeMXboxingfan has a reputation beyond reputeMXboxingfan has a reputation beyond reputeMXboxingfan has a reputation beyond reputeMXboxingfan has a reputation beyond reputeMXboxingfan has a reputation beyond reputeMXboxingfan has a reputation beyond reputeMXboxingfan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 544,987.61

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosales13 View Post
One fighter who I have yet seen mentioned as a candidate of prospect of the year in any website was Chris Martin. He had a breakout year this year with beating fellow prospect Chris Avalos and he went 5-0 this year.

I agree with Mickey Garcia winning it though. I just think Martin should have been in the honorable mention. I guess he didn't get any votes but nobody is mentioning him in any website. Dan Rafael did a top 25 and didn't mention him
Kell Brook should also be mentioned.

Dan Rafael forgot to include Kell Brook on the list. He also accidently included Mike Jones on the list. He must have meant to include Kell Brook.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:08 PM
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Rep Power: 77 jrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond repute
13 burgers - Dambala Good poster - Mucus Great poster/member award! - jazluvr Leader of the MannyPac Mafia, a real OG - Erik13 For being one of the most solid posters in the History of BoxingScene!!!!  Keep on posting bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! 
more beer - -pound4pound- Maidana p4p GOAT - Dick Buffman These are really good - jazluvr This place would not be the same without you Jro... you rock - Lorily for being a great poster - led 
For keepin' it real - jazluvr hope you get drunk :) - led Thanks for hooking me up with your cousin - Heebarican oscar haters need beer - -pound4pound- Merry X-mas!!! - HandSpeed303 
Happy Holidays Jro! - Lorily Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger Here is a beer for you homie!! - el20cuatro Fellow Leuzinger Olympian - MANIAC310 Happy Holidays JRo! - Lorily 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MANIAC310 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXboxingfan View Post
Kell Brook should also be mentioned.
I think is cuz' people are seeing Kell Brook more as a contender now. But, I agree to me he is a prospect and should also be mentioned. Especially if you're going to do a top 25 list like Rafael did.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:11 PM
RIZO24
El Punisher

Location: Beckley, West Virginia by way of Pomona, California
Rep Power: 13 RIZO24 has a reputation beyond reputeRIZO24 has a reputation beyond reputeRIZO24 has a reputation beyond reputeRIZO24 has a reputation beyond reputeRIZO24 has a reputation beyond reputeRIZO24 has a reputation beyond reputeRIZO24 has a reputation beyond reputeRIZO24 has a reputation beyond reputeRIZO24 has a reputation beyond reputeRIZO24 has a reputation beyond reputeRIZO24 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 30,077,071,690,790.82
Total Points: 30,077,079,181,072.50
drink up homie. - TuRoK'em No Message - Tha_Greatest The man of steel.. - !! AI-Holmes!! The man of steel, leaves rusty underwear.. - !! AI-Holmes!! mexico 100% - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Round 1 No Message - Cleto_Reyes back at ya - VERMIN aqui ta carnal - Cleto_Reyes 
here's a gift.. - chiguy91 this rounds on me - bigsmoothh Happy New Year. - Round 1 cheers bro - chiguy91 otra chela amigo - chiguy91 
No Message - Tha_Greatest have a slice............ - bigsmoothh un super - Cleto_Reyes No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Wall $treeter Hepatitis C - chiguy91 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 

Cant wait to see Mikey Garcia take out Juan Manuel lopez!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 01:06 PM
onechance87
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 34 onechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond reputeonechance87 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 173,737,759,066.55
Total Points: 285,946,829,977.99
up your as* puto - Ogecca MaMa you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

mikey had a great year.I expect canelo and mikey to do big things in 2011.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:18 PM
MOTHER DUCKER
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,217,821.24
Total Points: 25,244,113.07
For being a cool poster - -Ironmike- The GOAT - dj emz The GOAT - dj emz 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - dj emz 

Degale is better then all names mentioned
Old 12-31-2010, 04:47 PM
JakeNDaBox
The Jake of All Trades

Rep Power: 200000 JakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond reputeJakeNDaBox has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 41,613,044,522.96
Total Points: 41,819,681,682.19
Send a message via AIM to JakeNDaBox Send a message via Yahoo to JakeNDaBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosales13 View Post

Martin's omission was an editing error on my part. I originally had him listed as our Top Runner-Up before realizing that Alvarez had more votes (even though I personally disagree with his still being a prospect, but that's just me). When I made the edit, I forgot to move Martin to the Honorable Mention section.

I even did a write-up a few weeks ago pleading a case for Martin as the year's top prospect - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33960 ... I'm that much more embarrassed that the final draft excluded him, but I have since fixed it. Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:54 PM
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
Martin's omission was an editing error on my part. I originally had him listed as our Top Runner-Up before realizing that Alvarez had more votes (even though I personally disagree with his still being a prospect, but that's just me). When I made the edit, I forgot to move Martin to the Honorable Mention section.

I even did a write-up a few weeks ago pleading a case for Martin as the year's top prospect - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33960 ... I'm that much more embarrassed that the final draft excluded him, but I have since fixed it. Thanks for pointing it out.

And, I missed the Martin article, good read I try to catch everything you do so I don't know how I missed it.

Good to see Martin get a mention. I think he was one of the most underrated prospects.

Good work.