Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#1
Old 01-02-2011, 02:17 PM
trainhard_187
Jizz on my face
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: CALIFORN.I.A
Posts: 5,121
Rep Power: 20 trainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,000,255,612.16
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,255,612.16
Default Hagler: Boxing needs another Pacquiao.. ARTICLE

http://forums.doghouseboxing.com/ind...owtopic=160885

Is the way in which you were denied a re-fight to cement your legacy similar to how Floyd Mayweather now won't fight Manny Pacquiao?

Pacquiao's legacy will probably be the same as mine in a sense that he waited around for this guy. But if this guy doesn't want to fight hey well. I think Pacquiao will just wipe it off and say well I offered it to you and you didn't want to come out. I'm not hanging around in this game too long so caio. Don't wait for a Leonard or someone like that to dictate to you. He won't get that big legacy until the fight with Floyd Mayweather but in time everything fades away and people tend to forget that.


What's up with this fight?


Something's a little nervous about that fight I think its more Mayweather. If he wants to fight he could make it happen tomorrow. You can't say he's scared because no fighter is scared. He's playing games hoping Pacquiao loses so he can come out the woodwork and say now I'll fight you. But as long as Pacquiao is winning, knocking people out Mayweather is going to stand back because he's waiting for the weakness — it's like I used to tell fighters ‘beat me at my best', don't wait around getting old or crippled like a couple of fighters I know who were waiting for me to lose.

Pacquiao only had to agree to Mayweather's condition of a drugs test.

[Imagining he's Pacquiao] yeah but who are you to dictate to me what I got to do? If I've got to take it, you've got to take it. You're not going to tell me what I have to do in order to get a fight with you. Who are you? Come on man.

But that's exactly what you did with Leonard. You agreed to his conditions of a 24x24 foot ring, 12oz gloves and 12 rounds.

A lot of people felt that I shouldn't do it but I felt as though it didn't mean anything to me — the outcome would have been the same anyway. Basically I just wanted to get the guy in the ring it was for mega bucks. He [Leonard] was doing the same kind of thing Mayweather is doing. I would have fought the guy in his house he just forgot to give me his address. They should both take the drugs test. Let's get this thing on you know? That's what real fighters are all about.
Reply With Quote
trainhard_187 is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#2
Old 01-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Pullcounter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 42,736
Rep Power: 0 Pullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,048,290,163.64
Bank: 57,096,339.38
Total Points: 1,105,386,503.02
'Bout time you had a gift. - S a m u r a i 1 of the few unbiased cats on here - mangler If my daddy thinks you're a good poster, then so do I :) - mangler jr Cheers, to postin wit common sense - mangler Calling it as it is - Tom Flores 
stay shittin on em - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Spacey1991 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - check hook Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans 
Default

wifebeater gets pwned again!
Reply With Quote
Pullcounter is offline
#3
Old 01-02-2011, 03:39 PM
bulate
Amateur
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 0 bulate is on a distinguished road
Points: 3,594.80
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,594.80
Default

Hagler don't know sh1t about boxing -*****
Reply With Quote
bulate is offline
#4
Old 01-02-2011, 03:46 PM
bayareamike
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 672
Rep Power: 6 bayareamike has a reputation beyond reputebayareamike has a reputation beyond reputebayareamike has a reputation beyond reputebayareamike has a reputation beyond reputebayareamike has a reputation beyond reputebayareamike has a reputation beyond reputebayareamike has a reputation beyond reputebayareamike has a reputation beyond reputebayareamike has a reputation beyond reputebayareamike has a reputation beyond reputebayareamike has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 5,011,241,567.78
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,011,241,567.78
Default

I like the part where he says, "who are you to dictate what I have to do, who are you?". That's exactly how I saw it. He accepted to take more than the standard Nsac tests but Floyd wants his to take it to another level IMO, to just try to throw manny off his game. And seriously, second time around 7 days is damn good enough to have gotten the fight done. What can he do in 7 days... Really.. And that's why I think floyds drug crusade is bullish*t and I don't think he would've signed even if manny agreed to 14 days the first time. He would've done something else or another stipulation to not fight pacquiao. Floyds a b*tch.

Last edited by bayareamike; 01-02-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
bayareamike is offline
#5
Old 01-02-2011, 03:53 PM
studentofthegam
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,162
Rep Power: 0 studentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 321,689.67
Bank: 0.59
Total Points: 321,690.26
Thanks - Toney616 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullcounter View Post
wifebeater gets pwned again!
He ended it by saying take the drug test so how is that owned. Why dont you stop finding threads to hate on May and look for some to big up you favorite boxer? Ive been on here a couple of years and you get more and more childish.
Reply With Quote
studentofthegam is offline
#6
Old 01-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Weebler I
El Weeblerito I
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 24,011
Rep Power: 68 Weebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 50,131,337,993,836.47
Bank: 45,751,395,805.76
Total Points: 50,177,089,389,642.23
Ricky &amp;quot;The Hitman&amp;quot; Hatton - Freedom. We bicker a lot, are we brothers? Lol it's all in fun! Keeps the board alive - Atreyu Khalil have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Happy holidays bro! - led* Top Poster - Dr Rumack 
Probably the most objective poster on this site. - Yosser Hughes Can't green so have this - Alx. Thanks - E.P.T. happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley super poster - jas 
Legend - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayareamike View Post
What can he do in 7 days... Really..
Can someone who knows something about stimulants answer this?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Pacquiao is on anything but Sr. has got it into his head that he is so the fight won't happen while old man still thinks it.
Reply With Quote
Weebler I is offline
#7
Old 01-02-2011, 04:03 PM
serv
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Laguna Hills
Posts: 14,155
Rep Power: 64 serv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 195,690.76
Bank: 23,056,927,459,535,408.00
Total Points: 23,056,927,459,731,100.00
No Message - kadyo superman for a superguy - kadyo superman for a superguy - kadyo keep punchin! - Chadmack Super Serv! - jazluvr 
superman gift - jhacen No Message - speedjay No Message - speedjay No Message - speedjay super! - Chadmack 
thanks again - Daniel Alpha thanks - Daniel Alpha have a beer, pare. - Talisayen for a super guy - Talisayen No Message - guardian 
No Message - acidity No Message - Dale Cardon gift giving time to friends - guardian tnx - serv gift - Daniel Alpha 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gopi11 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM.. Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Talisayen Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Talisayen Childhood Cancer - Talisayen Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Talisayen Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Dale Cardon World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Daniel Alpha 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Daniel Alpha Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainhard_187 View Post
http://forums.doghouseboxing.com/ind...owtopic=160885

Is the way in which you were denied a re-fight to cement your legacy similar to how Floyd Mayweather now won't fight Manny Pacquiao?

Pacquiao's legacy will probably be the same as mine in a sense that he waited around for this guy. But if this guy doesn't want to fight hey well. I think Pacquiao will just wipe it off and say well I offered it to you and you didn't want to come out. I'm not hanging around in this game too long so caio. Don't wait for a Leonard or someone like that to dictate to you. He won't get that big legacy until the fight with Floyd Mayweather but in time everything fades away and people tend to forget that.


What's up with this fight?


Something's a little nervous about that fight I think its more Mayweather. If he wants to fight he could make it happen tomorrow. You can't say he's scared because no fighter is scared. He's playing games hoping Pacquiao loses so he can come out the woodwork and say now I'll fight you. But as long as Pacquiao is winning, knocking people out Mayweather is going to stand back because he's waiting for the weakness — it's like I used to tell fighters ‘beat me at my best', don't wait around getting old or crippled like a couple of fighters I know who were waiting for me to lose.

Pacquiao only had to agree to Mayweather's condition of a drugs test.

[Imagining he's Pacquiao] yeah but who are you to dictate to me what I got to do? If I've got to take it, you've got to take it. You're not going to tell me what I have to do in order to get a fight with you. Who are you? Come on man.

But that's exactly what you did with Leonard. You agreed to his conditions of a 24x24 foot ring, 12oz gloves and 12 rounds.

A lot of people felt that I shouldn't do it but I felt as though it didn't mean anything to me — the outcome would have been the same anyway. Basically I just wanted to get the guy in the ring it was for mega bucks. He [Leonard] was doing the same kind of thing Mayweather is doing. I would have fought the guy in his house he just forgot to give me his address. They should both take the drugs test. Let's get this thing on you know? That's what real fighters are all about.
amen to that
Reply With Quote
serv is offline
#8
Old 01-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Pullcounter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 42,736
Rep Power: 0 Pullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,048,290,163.64
Bank: 57,096,339.38
Total Points: 1,105,386,503.02
'Bout time you had a gift. - S a m u r a i 1 of the few unbiased cats on here - mangler If my daddy thinks you're a good poster, then so do I :) - mangler jr Cheers, to postin wit common sense - mangler Calling it as it is - Tom Flores 
stay shittin on em - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Spacey1991 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - check hook Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post
He ended it by saying take the drug test so how is that owned. Why dont you stop finding threads to hate on May and look for some to big up you favorite boxer? Ive been on here a couple of years and you get more and more childish.
7 day cutoff is better than 18 day cut off.

pwned again!
Reply With Quote
Pullcounter is offline
#9
Old 01-02-2011, 04:39 PM
BoxingTech718
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,865
Rep Power: 10 BoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 17,229,502.86
Bank: 57,591,585.93
Total Points: 74,821,088.79
no need to apologize, but here is the chamapagne four humility - led To a fellow vet and patriot. - Jim Jeffries 
Default

pwned how?

It sounds contradictory to me. Didn't he say they should both take the drug test? Sounds like he doesn't have any problem with OSDT to me.
Reply With Quote
BoxingTech718 is offline
#10
Old 01-02-2011, 07:39 PM
trainhard_187
Jizz on my face
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: CALIFORN.I.A
Posts: 5,121
Rep Power: 20 trainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond reputetrainhard_187 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,000,255,612.16
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,255,612.16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayareamike View Post
I like the part where he says, "who are you to dictate what I have to do, who are you?". That's exactly how I saw it. He accepted to take more than the standard Nsac tests but Floyd wants his to take it to another level IMO, to just try to throw manny off his game. And seriously, second time around 7 days is damn good enough to have gotten the fight done. What can he do in 7 days... Really.. And that's why I think floyds drug crusade is bullish*t and I don't think he would've signed even if manny agreed to 14 days the first time. He would've done something else or another stipulation to not fight pacquiao. Floyds a b*tch.
And like I have been saying, the Olympic Style Extreme Blood testing, The Campaign to "clean up the sport", cut off dates, etc. disappeared as well as the man that created the whole mess...

Boxing Moved forward without it...
Reply With Quote
trainhard_187 is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
article, boxing, hagler:, pacquiao..

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:29 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.