Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-24-2010, 03:30 PM
ghost deini
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 ghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,122,649.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtraction View Post
Exactly man.

The Oscar fight was his prime. After that, it was all downhill. He got exposed against Forrest and was never the same.

If you watch everyone of his fights after that you see just how much he labored in every fight.

Watch the Estrada, Cruz, Mayorga, Wright, Cotto, Mora, Mayweather, Collazo fights.

He wins some of those but looks awful doing it and the ones he loses are embarrassingly bad.

He is one of the most overrated one dimensional brawlers of all time. He gets a lot of respect mostly cuz' he's a nice likeable guy.
he looked great against collazo

and he gave miguel a very tough fight when miguel was undefeated

he's been more competative than oscar was later in his career
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Thread Stealer
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 31 Thread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 41,054,870.43
Most knowledgeable poster on NSB - BatTheMan Boxing Guru - DWiens421 4k posts. Keep up the great work! - danc1984 To an excellent poster - JAB5239 No Message - Old Coward 
you're the man - Dambala For being a great poster - -IronMike- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD vEiN View Post
his best performance was against Oscar

he jumped from lightweight to fight the champion at 147
He had 2 fights at 147 before DLH.

Rivera was the only WW bout he didn't look all that great in until Forrest. Many people say he was better at 135, but he looked great at 147 too until Forrest, a tough style matchup and also a much better fighter than anyone Shane faced at 135. I say his prime was 97/98 to 02.

Last edited by Thread Stealer; 12-24-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Thread Stealer
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 31 Thread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond reputeThread Stealer has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 41,054,870.43
Most knowledgeable poster on NSB - BatTheMan Boxing Guru - DWiens421 4k posts. Keep up the great work! - danc1984 To an excellent poster - JAB5239 No Message - Old Coward 
you're the man - Dambala For being a great poster - -IronMike- 

Old 10-29-2012, 12:13 AM
daggum
All time great

Rep Power: 61 daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,001,150,371,911.19
I think Calzaghe is ATG and yes I realise I am daggum - rorymac you deserve a kick for your hatred of white boxers - Freedom. you post nothing except hatred and ridicule of the boxers - Freedom. You post nothing except hatred and ridicule of boxers.... keep up the good work - Deal With It You deserve a medal for your hatred of white boxers - Deal With It 
this hater deserves a kick - Freedom. have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Joe, Floyd, and Wlad are winners, you are a loser - Freedom. for the hilarious and utterly relentless Zag bashing! - The Surgeon No Message - Tha_Greatest 
stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 
you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth Caffeine - For working those CompuClinch graveyard shifts. - - Ram Raid - 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jas 

shane mosleys prime was round 2 of the mayweather fight and ended in round 3 of the mayweather fight
Old 10-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Big_L
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 Big_L has a reputation beyond reputeBig_L has a reputation beyond reputeBig_L has a reputation beyond reputeBig_L has a reputation beyond reputeBig_L has a reputation beyond reputeBig_L has a reputation beyond reputeBig_L has a reputation beyond reputeBig_L has a reputation beyond reputeBig_L has a reputation beyond reputeBig_L has a reputation beyond reputeBig_L has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 101,000,159,036.61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomislav III View Post
I hear a lot about Shane Mosley's "prime"

I have to ask. When was this "prime"? When he was beating B level fighters at one of the worst lightweight divisions in boxing history and being fully overrated for his accomplishments against the formidable Philip Holidays of the scene? When he was taking EPO and steroids in the early 2000's to beat Oscar De La Hoya and fellow steroid user Fernando Vargas?

I guess that everyone has a prime, but I wonder exactly how good Mosley ever really was and what he's ever really done legitimately to deserve the respect he's gotten. He fights everyone, sure, but when he fought everyone was he fighting them because he knew he had the special pills and shots to beat them? He certainly wasn't fighting everyone at lightweight, not that there were many to fight.

Mosley's best performance was against Margarito. That was his last hurrah, and who knows, he may have been using EPO then too considering how poor his stamina looks now in comparison.
was there a point to this topic other than to disrespect shane mosley?
Old 10-29-2012, 12:45 AM
craigus1990
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 craigus1990 has a reputation beyond reputecraigus1990 has a reputation beyond reputecraigus1990 has a reputation beyond reputecraigus1990 has a reputation beyond reputecraigus1990 has a reputation beyond reputecraigus1990 has a reputation beyond reputecraigus1990 has a reputation beyond reputecraigus1990 has a reputation beyond reputecraigus1990 has a reputation beyond reputecraigus1990 has a reputation beyond reputecraigus1990 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,086,335.32
You really are a doughnut - lparm 

Mosley's career doesn't mean ****, he was caught cheating, all cheaters careers are wiped in my opinion.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:22 AM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 52 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,386,284,428,965.82
Total Points: 5,396,884,550,452.22
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 

De La Hoya-Mosley 1 is certainly prime Mosley, that was his apex how you want to break his prime down around that fight is debatable, I would consider him prime through the Forrest fights because while he got whooped bad in the first one he came back decently in the second one while he still certainly lost he made the fight a lot more competitive against a very tough match-up for him.

Once he went to 154 he was really pushing it, while he did alright there and after when he came back down he was never the same guy after those Forrest fights.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:27 AM
iseah100
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 iseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,400,428,630.32
Total Points: 23,400,462,560.49

Mosely is a HOF'er.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
Old 10-29-2012, 02:30 AM
Mr. Fantastic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,557,360,039,827.33
Total Points: 20,557,360,312,740.31
good poster - Gift Of Gab It's all good homey - mangler bravo..one round of beer on me - strugler Chicano79us LOVES B-Hop - El Dominicano A gift for the pretty chicana. - Jim Jeffries 
A toast, to all your sexy avatars - mangler Round 2 on me! - jazluvr449 Here's the beer you owe me...lol. - jazluvr449 To the chapters of rivalry - andyp513 have a beer homey - -MAKAVELLI- 
It's on me, buddy! =D - TintaBoricua stick it up your ass :) - heat27 stop crying - heat27 great poster, here give this to all of those floyd fans who keep hating lmao - cawadoody Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
one of the best posters - MANIAC310 nice true and informative sig - thuggery you don't like Cotto, i don't like Margarito...that said...i give you respect for your avi :fing02: - jose830 and your sig speaks the truth! - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - dj emz Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigus1990 View Post
Mosley's career doesn't mean ****, he was caught cheating, all cheaters careers are wiped in my opinion.
Thank you for being a fair fan in giving boxers their even treatment and not singling people out. Not many of you around here. Props!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:17 AM
SonOfCuba
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 SonOfCuba has a reputation beyond reputeSonOfCuba has a reputation beyond reputeSonOfCuba has a reputation beyond reputeSonOfCuba has a reputation beyond reputeSonOfCuba has a reputation beyond reputeSonOfCuba has a reputation beyond reputeSonOfCuba has a reputation beyond reputeSonOfCuba has a reputation beyond reputeSonOfCuba has a reputation beyond reputeSonOfCuba has a reputation beyond reputeSonOfCuba has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,587,662.89
Congratulations on the birth of your Daughter bruh!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! Camacho tribute video...thanks! - jose830 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

In his prime, one of the best I've ever seen.