Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-21-2010, 01:34 AM
AFighter4U
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 AFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 108,185.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
what does beating Shane Mosley prove?

Seriously, they're trying to make him out to be some MONSTER, like he's just the biggest threat out there.

Well, how come before Cotto-Pacquiao was official, and Mosley was offering to drain himself to as low as 142lbs, and Mosley even went to the Wild Card Gym, Freddie Roach's response was "He's too good of a fighter", and even said he's "too much risk, not enough reward".

Well now that he got decent drawing numbers with Mayweather but got soundly DOMINATED by him in that fight and went on to a HORRENDOUS showing in his next fight where he fought to a draw against sorry ass Mora, Freddie JUMPS on the opportunity saying he's the best fighter out there right now to fight Manny.

Why?

where is he getting this idea that Shane possesses any kind of threat after shuffling between 147lbs and 154lbs and hasn't had a win since 09 where Margarito got exposed and obviously played a HUGE role in his performance?

I don't get how he's still pulling these tricks and we are left with no choice but to deal with it and just hope we get Mayweather-Pacquiao after they cherry pick their careers away.

well, That's my rant for the day..:twinglock:
I myself cannot understand why they even consider mosley. I wanted to rant myself, but darnit! You beat me to it.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-21-2010, 01:37 AM
jasbar
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 jasbar has a reputation beyond reputejasbar has a reputation beyond reputejasbar has a reputation beyond reputejasbar has a reputation beyond reputejasbar has a reputation beyond reputejasbar has a reputation beyond reputejasbar has a reputation beyond reputejasbar has a reputation beyond reputejasbar has a reputation beyond reputejasbar has a reputation beyond reputejasbar has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 42,268.54

dont worry people pac will fight Marquez and berto next if he beats Mosley. Pac will fight Mosley first since Mosley needs the money.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:22 AM
Phenom
Phenomdeaux

Bank: 18,774,036,675,894.70
Total Points: 18,774,046,696,281.94
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bearman3000 

it will prove the same thing Morales II and III and MAB II Hatton and Cotto Margarito at catchweights did

adding a marquee name to the resume regardless of what condition they in at the fight to your resume because years from now people won't remember those thing
Old 12-21-2010, 02:28 AM
Equinox
Undisputed Champion

Total Points: 213,587.57

Calling all knights of ako pa ha....
Old 12-21-2010, 02:29 AM
Mannie Phresh
LUCAS KO'S FLOYD

Rep Power: 45 Mannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,388,566,932,051,536.00
Total Points: 14,388,566,932,034,724.00
sorry for red k - Tha_Greatest Nice user title - rorymac No Message - Tha_Greatest Keep grillin these kids. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Mannie Phresh Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Here's one for the kid. COngrats bro! - led* heres to your baby boy cheers - MARKBNLV 
Congratulations on your baby boy...have some coffee! - jose830 No Message - MARKBNLV not sure whos alt u are but i like you lol - ~BoZz~ Happy holidays bro! - led* lmaoooo! what you just posted on MEAT's thread deserves a burger :lol1: - jose830 
WAR LUCASSS may the powerful toxins of iguana meat flow thru his veins - thuggery No Message - jose830 :luvbed: - -jose- you need more gifts - sugarsmosley great post! - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNDOLiFER View Post
all the manny haters is saying that mosley is old, shot and past his prime like mosley is no threat now just because they know pac is really that good and is gonna whoop mosley so they try to discredit mosley to make him look like its gonna be a walk in the park for manny so when manny win they can say they knew it all along since mosley is already past his prime.. i havent been on this site for long but one thing i notice about the so called hardcore boxing fans is that they dont give credit to older legend status type guys like mosley.. in other sports like mma, the fans would go crazy to see a match up between a old timer all time great vs a young all time great. I guess its different in boxing...
check yourself *******. all of your kind have desperately discredited mayweathers win over mosley so guess what a year later and pacs fighting him after he is clearly on the down side he gets **** for it.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:39 AM
AFighter4U
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 AFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond reputeAFighter4U has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 108,185.04

Marquez is over prizing himself asking a guaranteed 5M is ridiculous. If he was of Top Rank then I think it would be fair. The fight should be 141 catch weight to be fairly in the middle 6lbs up North for Marquez and 6lbs down South for pac. That way the fight would be a title defense for the 147lbs belt which Manny is currently holding. And the fight would be perfect being held in May.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:40 AM
serv
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 63 serv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,529,100,408,989,934.00
Total Points: 11,529,100,409,184,788.00
No Message - kadyo superman for a superguy - kadyo superman for a superguy - kadyo keep punchin! - Chadmack Super Serv! - jazluvr 
superman gift - jhacen No Message - speedjay No Message - speedjay No Message - speedjay super! - Chadmack 
thanks again - Daniel Alpha thanks - Daniel Alpha have a beer, pare. - Talisayen for a super guy - Talisayen No Message - guardian 
No Message - acidity No Message - Dale Cardon gift giving time to friends - guardian tnx - serv gift - Daniel Alpha 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gopi11 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM.. Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Talisayen Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Talisayen Childhood Cancer - Talisayen Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Talisayen Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Dale Cardon World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Daniel Alpha 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Daniel Alpha Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushahadeen View Post
It doesn't prove sh1t. They're doing it for 2 reasons:

1. Money

2. Bob Arum wants to fvck with Golden Boy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
I agree,

my thing is, why not unify and beat a young undefeated and PRIME fighter in Berto!?

Mosley has lost 6 times, is 39, past his prime and has no belt or no leverage to offer Pacquiao.

I believe Pacquiao beats the dog ***** out of Berto, but atleast it's a meaningful fight against a Prime, young Champion.

co-sign... I have been saying this since after pac/marg
unify the belts... beat a young and undeafeted champ... Mosley doesn't bring anything to the table, and I don't believe in the mosley fight being a draw.

Pac has the right to choose his opponent, he already earned that. He has given all his best to please the fans and I give him props for that...

I plead nontheless, not mosley. a pac/berto fight can generate 1M PPV if properly promoted. It will at the same time add legacy to Pac's ATG status.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:40 AM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 51 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,537,948,213,630.24
Total Points: 2,548,548,325,038.75
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 

I think it could be an interesting fight, I fully understand your beef and it is certainly likely that Manny overcomes Shane possibly quite easily.

Still Manny is unlike Mayweather and Mora so it is not out of the question that Mosley handles this type of fight better. Still as the fight goes on unless Mosley is tagging Manny at will with right hands it is tough to see him keeping up.

In some respect Shane is easy to whoop but in others he is really not and I don't know if Manny is built or suited for the type of fight that make a fight with Mosley easy work.

So I don't mind it, but certainly won't go overboard defending the fight.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:38 AM
serv
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 63 serv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond reputeserv has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,529,100,408,989,934.00
Total Points: 11,529,100,409,184,788.00
No Message - kadyo superman for a superguy - kadyo superman for a superguy - kadyo keep punchin! - Chadmack Super Serv! - jazluvr 
superman gift - jhacen No Message - speedjay No Message - speedjay No Message - speedjay super! - Chadmack 
thanks again - Daniel Alpha thanks - Daniel Alpha have a beer, pare. - Talisayen for a super guy - Talisayen No Message - guardian 
No Message - acidity No Message - Dale Cardon gift giving time to friends - guardian tnx - serv gift - Daniel Alpha 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gopi11 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM.. Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Talisayen Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Talisayen Childhood Cancer - Talisayen Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Talisayen Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Dale Cardon World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Daniel Alpha 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Daniel Alpha Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFighter4U View Post
Marquez is over prizing himself asking a guaranteed 5M is ridiculous. If he was of Top Rank then I think it would be fair. The fight should be 141 catch weight to be fairly in the middle 6lbs up North for Marquez and 6lbs down South for pac. That way the fight would be a title defense for the 147lbs belt which Manny is currently holding. And the fight would be perfect being held in May.
He not only demanded 5M guarantee but also $5 per PPV above 500,000ppv. He is acting as if he is the main attraction. Jmm is losing respect here. He insults Pac to goad the champ for a rematch and yet he negotiates as if he doesn't want the fight...

A lot of boxing fans dont want the Mosley fight, but an alternative fighter has prized himself out of the equation... Berto is the only option left. I hope he gets it.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:56 AM
Rip Chudd
1 John 2:22

Rep Power: 31 Rip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 876,663,361,427,995,008.00
Total Points: 876,663,361,428,094,592.00
Happy Holidays Chip! - Lorily Yeah that's right - Rip Chudd Lollllllllllllllll drink it down with some pepsi - -Kev- e-billionaire - MANIAC310 for being richer than me for a couple hours - MANIAC310 
Cheers! - iBreakbeat Just have a beer bro - led Cookie! - MANIAC310 one of my favorite Christians in the lounge :D - MANIAC310 Splendid use of your Javelin out there!!! - Jedi Vader 
twenty! - MANIAC310 Thnx again homie.. - the mesiah Thanks for the points - blacraven have a Happy and safe New Years bro! - jose830 thanks bro! :beerchug: - jose830 
thanks for donating to the Superbowl Jackpot points will be returned if nobody wins :beerchug: - jose830 :luvbed: - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Black Ranger Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Robin Hood World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by serv View Post
He not only demanded 5M guarantee but also $5 per PPV above 500,000ppv. He is acting as if he is the main attraction. Jmm is losing respect here. He insults Pac to goad the champ for a rematch and yet he negotiates as if he doesn't want the fight...

A lot of boxing fans dont want the Mosley fight, but an alternative fighter has prized himself out of the equation... Berto is the only option left. I hope he gets it.
Yeah but there is a BIG difference man. Marquez actually deserves a nice payday and 5M as opposed to Margarito who did nothing to earn a shot at Pac. There are people who are actually asking for a 3rd Pac vs Marquez fight, as opposed to nobody asking for a Pac vs Margs fight. Can you honestly sit there and say that a Pac vs JMM fight wouldn't sell now?