Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 12-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Barn
TheTartanSoldier

Rep Power: 48 Barn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,098,888,211,349.05
Total Points: 54,082,799,839,944.30
Keep up the top notch vids - JAB5239 Merry Crimbo! - The Surgeon To another of a select group of real boxing fans who really know their boxing history! - Terry A Your 4000th post and you quoted me, I'm honoured! Happy 4k :wave: - *Boss Lady* 4 the uploads! - chiguy91 
Congrats on 5K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! For you epic break down of Oreo's, and the Mayan calendar. lmaooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 well deserved - the collector For the massive amount of points given - MindBat Merry X-mas Lad! Have a good un! - The Surgeon 
Happy New Year - Freedom. You're going to need it to beat me. - D-MiZe victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov your first post in the weed thread barn! , i know you don't smoke , keep it that way young one!! - HUGH JASS 
Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one. - dan_cov Boxingscene Chat room :fing02: - jose830 what up homie...just incase I want you to know I had nothing to do with that thread title change that's your thread bro - -jose- :love: - -jose- For the help buddy - Badzi87 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - NChristo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Childhood Cancer - NChristo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NChristo Hepatitis C - NChristo 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - NChristo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - NChristo Autism - NChristo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - NChristo 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - NChristo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - NChristo Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - NChristo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - NChristo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - arraamis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaman View Post
What a bunch of nonsense. This was in 1990 where Tyson would have had his head decapitated and still would try to get his mouthpiece from the canvas just to continue. Not 1996. You should form your own opinion instead of repeating other people.
Heart and Mental Toughness are two different things you moron. "Form your own opinion" what the **** are you talking about, I was the first to post in this thread you bloody ignoramous and everyone else has said ATG I said near great you idiot.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Kid McCoy
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Kid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,040,362.01
You know boxers, Kid!  Good writing style also! - Terry A To one of the wisest and most knowledgable posters on this site. - JAB5239 for your excellent contributions here - Scott9945 To another one of the very best members here - Terry A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnburner View Post
Heart and Mental Toughness are two different things you moron. "Form your own opinion" what the **** are you talking about, I was the first to post in this thread you bloody ignoramous and everyone else has said ATG I said near great you idiot.
I disagree that Tyson only lost because he couldn't handle someone beating him. If that were the case he would have quit after five rounds. He lost because Buster was simply the better man on the night. Tyson took his beating round after round, still had enough to throw a huge uppercut which almost won him the fight and carried on right up to the ten count. Who do you think would have won the rematch?
Old 12-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Barn
TheTartanSoldier

Rep Power: 48 Barn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond repute
Keep up the top notch vids - JAB5239 Merry Crimbo! - The Surgeon To another of a select group of real boxing fans who really know their boxing history! - Terry A Your 4000th post and you quoted me, I'm honoured! Happy 4k :wave: - *Boss Lady* 4 the uploads! - chiguy91 
Congrats on 5K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! For you epic break down of Oreo's, and the Mayan calendar. lmaooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 well deserved - the collector For the massive amount of points given - MindBat Merry X-mas Lad! Have a good un! - The Surgeon 
Happy New Year - Freedom. You're going to need it to beat me. - D-MiZe victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov your first post in the weed thread barn! , i know you don't smoke , keep it that way young one!! - HUGH JASS 
Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one. - dan_cov Boxingscene Chat room :fing02: - jose830 what up homie...just incase I want you to know I had nothing to do with that thread title change that's your thread bro - -jose- :love: - -jose- For the help buddy - Badzi87 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - NChristo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Childhood Cancer - NChristo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NChristo Hepatitis C - NChristo 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - NChristo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - NChristo Autism - NChristo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - NChristo 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - NChristo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - NChristo Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - NChristo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - NChristo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - arraamis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

A rematch assuming Buster is in shape and at the top still as motivated, I think Buster wins again, Mike always had a timebomb in him waiting to explode, it was starting to reveal itself slightly before the Buster fight but, when Mike lost his aura of invincibility it was just a straight downhill spiral from there, so I could see Buster winning again.
Maybe the word I was looking for is "composure" he neglected all the knew and went for the big punches, fair enough he had a different trainer but, you would still know what to do.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Kid McCoy
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Kid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,040,362.01
You know boxers, Kid!  Good writing style also! - Terry A To one of the wisest and most knowledgable posters on this site. - JAB5239 for your excellent contributions here - Scott9945 To another one of the very best members here - Terry A 

Quote:
A rematch assuming Buster is in shape and at the top still as motivated, I think Buster wins again, Mike always had a timebomb in him waiting to explode, it was starting to reveal itself slightly before the Buster fight but, when Mike lost his aura of invincibility it was just a straight downhill spiral from there, so I could see Buster winning again.
Maybe the word I was looking for is "composure" he neglected all the knew and went for the big punches, fair enough he had a different trainer but, you would still know what to do.
Which is a very big assumption and unlikely imo given how Buster's career panned out. I see the fight in the same way as Griffith-Carter or Robinson-Turpin. The lesser fighter was just the better man on the night. The best version of Tyson was superior to the best version of Douglas so I think he beats him more often that not. It just so happened the one time they met Tyson had an off night and Buster fought the fight of his life. I don't think Buster could replicate that performance and Tyson likely would have been more focused in a rematch. He did look a lot sharper against Ruddock. I think Tyson KOs him, especially if Buster is in the shape he was for Holyfield.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Barn
TheTartanSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid McCoy View Post
Which is a very big assumption and unlikely imo given how Buster's career panned out. I see the fight in the same way as Griffith-Carter or Robinson-Turpin. The lesser fighter was just the better man on the night. The best version of Tyson was superior to the best version of Douglas so I think he beats him more often that not. It just so happened the one time they met Tyson had an off night and Buster fought the fight of his life. I don't think Buster could replicate that performance and Tyson likely would have been more focused in a rematch. He did look a lot sharper against Ruddock. I think Tyson KOs him, especially if Buster is in the shape he was for Holyfield.
I'm unsure, considering Tysons mental state after his aura was gone.
It's a certain Tyson knockout if Douglas is at his Holyfield state htough.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:42 PM
BostonGuy
Emeritus Champion

Rep Power: 200000 BostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 118,862,484,792,972,903,710,720.00
what up BG...just making sure you still alive lol have a good day - -jose- Happy St Patrick's Day - Freedom2014 everything ok...moms got surgery last Thursday and got out yesterday tomorrow we'll get the news but it doesn't look good...I come here to escape the real world lol thanks for asking BG...hope your and your girl doing good - -jose- everything ok...moms got surgery last Thursday and got out yesterday tomorrow we'll get the news but it doesn't look good...I come here to escape the real world lol thanks for asking BG...hope your and your girl doing good - -jose- thanks you sir, BHOP looked pretty good there last night as much as I hate him for beating tito's ass I got to give it to him he still got it - -jose- 
thanks BG, meng I'm really hoping Cotto pulls out some 'old school Cotto' body shots in the early rounds, hopefully maravilla's knees are not back 100% lol - -jose- Thanks - Weltz thank you for always helping a brother out - ~BoZz~ Finest Boxingscene Moderator - Weltschmerz Thanks for the green :love: - Beercules 
this one is on me - RINGG A fair mod! - Pigeons thanks BG :fing02: appreciate it! - -jose- here homie, have a burger, i shitted on it just the way you like it, lol, take care you crazy azzhole, lol, i couldnt green k your azz fool, lol, nyahahaha, fukkin rascist website - Tha_Greatest Posting - Scott-Weiland 
:beerchug: - -jose- one black cup of jose...I mean joe lol cheers! - -jose- Beterbiev - wladavit lmaooo!!! - -jose- what up BG, took my son to his first football game Sunday at MetLife he hada blast, just wanted to share with my homie BG - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Gay and Lesbian Pride - Risty World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

Let me ask this question: is Buster Douglas worthy of being inducted into the boxing HOF?....

I say, no. He was a 'one and out' hw champion and wasn't ever consistent enough to mount any notable win streaks. His resume' is decent but nowhere near the level of hof status IMO....

Last edited by BostonGuy; 12-10-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:32 PM
young_robbed
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 young_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond reputeyoung_robbed has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 106,260,736.61
For your good posts and youtube videos. - Barnburner dope vernon HL. - Tha Executioner 

Definitely. For him it was just a thing of focus and training. Douglas had all the skill and potential in the world.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Yaman
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 27 Yaman has a reputation beyond reputeYaman has a reputation beyond reputeYaman has a reputation beyond reputeYaman has a reputation beyond reputeYaman has a reputation beyond reputeYaman has a reputation beyond reputeYaman has a reputation beyond reputeYaman has a reputation beyond reputeYaman has a reputation beyond reputeYaman has a reputation beyond reputeYaman has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,192,598.23

Quote:
It does not matter what the reason for a Tyson loss would have been that night. You would STILL say it's because he lacked mental toughness or heart etc. Because that is what your kind does, you do not have the mental capacity to form your own opinion, you hear all this stuff about Tyson having no heart etc and you just run with it because you have no knowledge on this sport. You just repeat popular phrases like a little parrot.

Anyone with knowledge will see that the reason Tyson lost to Douglass was because of a technical aspect and even his conditioning. No amount of mental game will have you winning if a guy is outjabbing, outlanding and all-around outboxing you. But a parrot wouldn't know that if he keeps hearing things like "Tyson didn't have teh heartz en mentalitiz" right? Get out of my way kid, you're not in my league.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:44 PM
SBleeder
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 SBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,005,312,216.03
for being a heavyweight in history section - led wipe your dirty mouth - -Ironmike- I heard you like men - -Ironmike- The &amp;quot;I hate Tyson&amp;quot; award of the year - -Ironmike- Good posts. - Barnburner 
No Message - -jose- you suck dick, i will kick you. - Weltschmerz training for your debut to suck dick,! - Weltschmerz 

I never re-watched the Tyson-Douglas fight, so it's been over twenty years since I saw it... but Douglas wasn't that good that night. Tyson basically sat at the end of Douglas' jab all night and never forced Douglas to take a backwards step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaman View Post
It does not matter what the reason for a Tyson loss would have been that night. You would STILL say it's because he lacked mental toughness or heart etc.
Tyson hardly trained for that fight- that's not real indicative of a guy with mental toughness.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Rep Power: 57 Ziggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 141,725,567,569,973.16
Total Points: 141,725,567,577,108.09
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 
Send a message via Yahoo to Ziggy Stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBleeder View Post
... but Douglas wasn't that good that night..
You might want to rewatch it: I think you'll get a different impression of Douglas' performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBleeder View Post
Tyson basically sat at the end of Douglas' jab all night and never forced Douglas to take a backwards step.
Because Douglas didn't let him do anything other than that. Douglas imposed HIS will on the fight and dictated.

Poet