Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Will you go and watch it ?
Of course ! 20 80.00%
I'm not paying any money to see this 0 0%
I will wait till I can stream it online 3 12.00%
Not Interested at all. 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 12-08-2010, 05:08 PM
mrlopez
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 mrlopez has a reputation beyond reputemrlopez has a reputation beyond reputemrlopez has a reputation beyond reputemrlopez has a reputation beyond reputemrlopez has a reputation beyond reputemrlopez has a reputation beyond reputemrlopez has a reputation beyond reputemrlopez has a reputation beyond reputemrlopez has a reputation beyond reputemrlopez has a reputation beyond reputemrlopez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 16,083,484,256.69
Total Points: 21,086,554,150.65
cheers - Makavelli more beer for you - Makavelli Cool cat, good poster - mangler beer time - Makavelli one more - Makavelli 
finally - Makavelli uno mas senor - Makavelli In case you get hungry - danny711 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Default The new show on Fox

about the old vet boxer making a last comeback looks pretty good too......
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-08-2010, 05:10 PM
THE_BIG_HURT
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 THE_BIG_HURT has a reputation beyond reputeTHE_BIG_HURT has a reputation beyond reputeTHE_BIG_HURT has a reputation beyond reputeTHE_BIG_HURT has a reputation beyond reputeTHE_BIG_HURT has a reputation beyond reputeTHE_BIG_HURT has a reputation beyond reputeTHE_BIG_HURT has a reputation beyond reputeTHE_BIG_HURT has a reputation beyond reputeTHE_BIG_HURT has a reputation beyond reputeTHE_BIG_HURT has a reputation beyond reputeTHE_BIG_HURT has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,045,077.05
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
I feel like it's a slap to the face to Arturo Gatti, the movie is. The guy just died a year ago, and you would think they would make a movie based on him before Ward. But no, they made a movie of the fighter that Gatti became famous against. My wording is not right, but if you get where i'm coming from. You know, all i'm saying is I think the movie should have been starring a Gatti character. Like if you're going to make a movie of Ward make it years later...not just right after Gatti dies. Am I alone on this?
i also just read in the Ring Magazine that Mickey Ward wished they would have had used Gatti more. So its not like they took advantage of his death to make this movie a success
Old 12-08-2010, 05:22 PM
SonOfCuba
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 SonOfCuba has a reputation beyond reputeSonOfCuba has a reputation beyond reputeSonOfCuba has a reputation beyond reputeSonOfCuba has a reputation beyond reputeSonOfCuba has a reputation beyond reputeSonOfCuba has a reputation beyond reputeSonOfCuba has a reputation beyond reputeSonOfCuba has a reputation beyond reputeSonOfCuba has a reputation beyond reputeSonOfCuba has a reputation beyond reputeSonOfCuba has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,505,748.47
Congratulations on the birth of your Daughter bruh!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! Camacho tribute video...thanks! - jose830 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -pound4pound- View Post
they probably started filming the movie before GAtti even died
yes they did, in fact in a recent interview Ward said that he thinks about Gatti everyday and misses him so much, and that when he was hanging out with Mark Whalberg right before filming started he spoke to Gatti and Gatti told him he was going to Brazil to get his kid and when he came back he would come to Boston to hang with Ward and be around the film set and stuff, sadly Gatti never made it back from Brazil.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:24 PM
fireman_ek50
Contender

Rep Power: 5 fireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond reputefireman_ek50 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 17,347.08

Quote:
I feel like it's a slap to the face to Arturo Gatti, the movie is. The guy just died a year ago, and you would think they would make a movie based on him before Ward. But no, they made a movie of the fighter that Gatti became famous against. My wording is not right, but if you get where i'm coming from. You know, all i'm saying is I think the movie should have been starring a Gatti character. Like if you're going to make a movie of Ward make it years later...not just right after Gatti dies. Am I alone on this?
Then imagine Jake La Motta getting a movie over the greatest fighter of all time???

Oh wait...what???

Yeah, its not about whether u liked a fighter or not lol... It's main purpose is to take you into the life of a boxer, a fighter.... These guys, all they know is boxing, it's their entire life....Most of them have nothing to fall back on and crumble like "Raging Bull".... People also want to see a fighter's life and how he was inspired to OVERCOME the odds, his HEART...Rocky was inspired by some white dude, who gave Ali a tough fight... You don't have to win, just show a lot of heart - the definition of a fighter...

& Irish Micky Ward was indeed a tough fighter who will always have many boxers respect...

i fell back on a respectful career, but boxing will always be my 1st love... To see how these guys live it..& eat, breathe, & **** it? That to me will always have my respect... I sure hope Marky Mark lives up to his character

Last edited by fireman_ek50; 12-08-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:25 PM
THE REED™
Most Definitely

Rep Power: 200000 THE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 485,059,036,914,520,448.00
Total Points: 485,060,060,861,164,608.00
2 For the Man - jazluvr my homey reed, keep up the good work! - Pretty Boy32 For being so BOSS! - komodo Straight up G! - komodo Thanks man :hail: - komodo 
Top man! - komodo BOSS - komodo Good talking boxing sir - Atreyu Khalil 50k Posts - Unknown Champ for the Super 50,000 post... - jose830 
Congrats on 50K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 50k Posts - BulgariasFinest 50,000 - TBear Super Mod! Congrats on 50k Reed :D - Bossy 50K - -Mustang- 
50k, congrats bro - MELLY-MEL... can't be touched. - Body Movin' Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Birthday champ! - LoadedWraps Congrats on engagement! - Spacey1991 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BattlingNelson Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - dans01234 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- Head and Neck Cancer - Dominicano Soy! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Makavelli Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Makavelli Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - QUELOQUE 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Freedom Fighter Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dorian.. Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - iBreakbeat Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Dorian Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Atreyu Khalil 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -pound4pound- View Post
they probably started filming the movie before GAtti even died
They did... Gatti told Ward he was going to come up and chill with Ward on the set when he got back... but he never did.

Not too mention Ward had already written a book... so the story line was there already.

Its not a slap in the fact to Gatti... Gatti would of supported it.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:25 PM
gattigal
Contender

Rep Power: 6 gattigal has a reputation beyond reputegattigal has a reputation beyond reputegattigal has a reputation beyond reputegattigal has a reputation beyond reputegattigal has a reputation beyond reputegattigal has a reputation beyond reputegattigal has a reputation beyond reputegattigal has a reputation beyond reputegattigal has a reputation beyond reputegattigal has a reputation beyond reputegattigal has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 31,948.72

Mark Wahlberg is at a Gatti workout when he was training for Gomez I guess to study Ward. I think the focus of the movie is the relationship of the brothers.

But damn, Gatti wasn't interesting enough for a movie?
Old 12-08-2010, 05:33 PM
jpitt
Contender

Rep Power: 5 jpitt has a reputation beyond reputejpitt has a reputation beyond reputejpitt has a reputation beyond reputejpitt has a reputation beyond reputejpitt has a reputation beyond reputejpitt has a reputation beyond reputejpitt has a reputation beyond reputejpitt has a reputation beyond reputejpitt has a reputation beyond reputejpitt has a reputation beyond reputejpitt has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,365.39

Mickey in the Boston Herald today on Gatti:
"Just today I was online and I was looking at him," Ward said. "It gave me the chills. He could be with me on this big tour, the two of us laughing and having fun. Everything can be taken from you in a minute. I liked the way he fought as hard as he could. He wasn't a punk. I wanted to kill him in the ring but I loved him. There were a lot of guys with way more talent than us but no one had more heart. He was me."
Old 12-08-2010, 05:33 PM
xAUGUSTUSx
Banned

Rep Power: 0 xAUGUSTUSx has a reputation beyond reputexAUGUSTUSx has a reputation beyond reputexAUGUSTUSx has a reputation beyond reputexAUGUSTUSx has a reputation beyond reputexAUGUSTUSx has a reputation beyond reputexAUGUSTUSx has a reputation beyond reputexAUGUSTUSx has a reputation beyond reputexAUGUSTUSx has a reputation beyond reputexAUGUSTUSx has a reputation beyond reputexAUGUSTUSx has a reputation beyond reputexAUGUSTUSx has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 65,120,606.01

I'm going to an advanced showing tonight to see it
Old 12-08-2010, 05:37 PM
GTL
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 GTL has a reputation beyond reputeGTL has a reputation beyond reputeGTL has a reputation beyond reputeGTL has a reputation beyond reputeGTL has a reputation beyond reputeGTL has a reputation beyond reputeGTL has a reputation beyond reputeGTL has a reputation beyond reputeGTL has a reputation beyond reputeGTL has a reputation beyond reputeGTL has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 73,640.15
Bronx keep on making it, Queens keep on taking it... - el guason456 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfCuba View Post
yes they did, in fact in a recent interview Ward said that he thinks about Gatti everyday and misses him so much, and that when he was hanging out with Mark Whalberg right before filming started he spoke to Gatti and Gatti told him he was going to Brazil to get his kid and when he came back he would come to Boston to hang with Ward and be around the film set and stuff, sadly Gatti never made it back from Brazil.
Reading this is really upsetting.. I love Gatti.. RIP champ..
Ill support the movie because i love ward, and walberg..