Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 08-25-2005, 04:42 PM
boxstarr
King of Limey Lounge

Rep Power: 34 boxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,107,491.06
Default spar anyone famous?

when discussing gyms, i discovered that the mackenzies own a lot of the gyms i was considering

i have since joined exig3s gym instead

apparently a woman i worked with also worked for winston

when i told my parents they told me that my uncle went to school with and used to spar with clinton

any of you have spar with famous ppl???
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-25-2005, 05:56 PM
EXIGE

Rep Power: 21507 EXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 168,525.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxstarr
when discussing gyms, i discovered that the mackenzies own a lot of the gyms i was considering

i have since joined exig3s gym instead

apparently a woman i worked with also worked for winston

when i told my parents they told me that my uncle went to school with and used to spar with clinton

any of you have spar with famous ppl???
I believe JuyJuy has.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:04 PM
spinksjinx
Promiscuous Protestah

Rep Power: 1570 spinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 27,657.93
Total Points: 20,169,596.29
Send a message via AIM to spinksjinx

Verquan Kimbrough
Tony Tubbs
Craig Weber
Old 08-25-2005, 06:06 PM
EXIGE

Rep Power: 21507 EXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond reputeEXIGE has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 168,525.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksjinx
Verquan Kimbrough
Tony Tubbs
Craig Weber
Tell us a bit about each of them. What are they like. Who was the best. How did u get to trian with them. Blah blah.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:28 PM
Tony Blitz
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Tony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 173,877.00
Send a message via AIM to Tony Blitz

Quote:
Verquan Kimbrough
Tony Tubbs
Craig Weber
I thought you were lightweight?
Old 08-25-2005, 06:35 PM
spinksjinx
Promiscuous Protestah

Rep Power: 1570 spinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond repute

Verquan Kimbrough- Very fast like lightning, he came into the gym I train at one afternoon looking to get some sparring partners for one of his fights. When he came in I was in awe of him, because I have seen him fight before and seen what he brought. So I asked him for a few rounds and he agreed. Mind you I am an amateur....We ended up sparring 3x3minute rounds. From the beginning I said I wanted to see his best and he just came out charging against me and hit me with just about every clean shot possible. I wasnt able to back him up or throw him off of his game plan...It looked like easy work for him but he just blistered my ass and put me on my seat a few times....I dont recall ever being hit that fast and catching another punch within the same second...At least it felt that way.

Tony Tubbs-Tubbs is friends with the head owner as well as with my father and when he was training for his fight against Minto he stopped by a few weeks before to speak to the kids. At the end everyone in the gym that day was granted a minute in the ring with Mr. Tubbs. I wouldnt even really call it a sparring session you could tell he was holding back but mainly pawing and was lethargic....He hit me most definately and I gave him to much respect and just smacked some shots off of his headgear and hit the body...Nothing dominating but I mean he wasnt there to be serious...

Craig Weber- Same as Verquan came in looking for sparring partners. I sparred 2 rounds with him (he sparred 8 that day) and I was 2nd in line. For the most part I was able to land the shots as long as I moved afterwards with quickness. He backed me into the ropes and landed some shots I ducked and got him off and threw an uppercut that landed flush and he bit his tongue and was like "damn"...But for the most part I pot shotted and he pushed me up and hit my body a few times....

Another fighter I had sparred with was Brian Minto.

Everytime I sparred one of these guys, I gave them respect because they earned it and I am not there to be an ass hat but to learn and be grateful for the opportunity alone.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:38 PM
spinksjinx
Promiscuous Protestah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Blitz
I thought you were lightweight?

I am a flyweight/Bantamweight....

Verquan-Featherweight
Tubbs-Heavyweight
Weber-Super Lightweight
Old 08-25-2005, 06:43 PM
c0pe
Banned

Rep Power: 0 c0pe has a reputation beyond reputec0pe has a reputation beyond reputec0pe has a reputation beyond reputec0pe has a reputation beyond reputec0pe has a reputation beyond reputec0pe has a reputation beyond reputec0pe has a reputation beyond reputec0pe has a reputation beyond reputec0pe has a reputation beyond reputec0pe has a reputation beyond reputec0pe has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,552.00
Send a message via MSN to c0pe

Quote:
Verquan Kimbrough- Very fast like lightning, he came into the gym I train at one afternoon looking to get some sparring partners for one of his fights. When he came in I was in awe of him, because I have seen him fight before and seen what he brought. So I asked him for a few rounds and he agreed. Mind you I am an amateur....We ended up sparring 3x3minute rounds. From the beginning I said I wanted to see his best and he just came out charging against me and hit me with just about every clean shot possible. I wasnt able to back him up or throw him off of his game plan...It looked like easy work for him but he just blistered my ass and put me on my seat a few times....I dont recall ever being hit that fast and catching another punch within the same second...At least it felt that way.

Tony Tubbs-Tubbs is friends with the head owner as well as with my father and when he was training for his fight against Minto he stopped by a few weeks before to speak to the kids. At the end everyone in the gym that day was granted a minute in the ring with Mr. Tubbs. I wouldnt even really call it a sparring session you could tell he was holding back but mainly pawing and was lethargic....He hit me most definately and I gave him to much respect and just smacked some shots off of his headgear and hit the body...Nothing dominating but I mean he wasnt there to be serious...

Craig Weber- Same as Verquan came in looking for sparring partners. I sparred 2 rounds with him (he sparred 8 that day) and I was 2nd in line. For the most part I was able to land the shots as long as I moved afterwards with quickness. He backed me into the ropes and landed some shots I ducked and got him off and threw an uppercut that landed flush and he bit his tongue and was like "damn"...But for the most part I pot shotted and he pushed me up and hit my body a few times....

Another fighter I had sparred with was Brian Minto.

Everytime I sparred one of these guys, I gave them respect because they earned it and I am not there to be an ass hat but to learn and be grateful for the opportunity alone.
Thanks for that, that was good to read about.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Inf3rn0
Contender

Rep Power: 80 Inf3rn0 has a reputation beyond reputeInf3rn0 has a reputation beyond reputeInf3rn0 has a reputation beyond reputeInf3rn0 has a reputation beyond reputeInf3rn0 has a reputation beyond reputeInf3rn0 has a reputation beyond reputeInf3rn0 has a reputation beyond reputeInf3rn0 has a reputation beyond reputeInf3rn0 has a reputation beyond reputeInf3rn0 has a reputation beyond reputeInf3rn0 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 14,149.00

iv sparred with a 36 yea old ammateur, well actually, one of my trainers, but he werent famous, i dont even know his name....
so no no1 famous....bit oh a pointless post rely, ah well..

boxstar when did u start egi's gym? did'nt hear bout that?
Old 08-25-2005, 08:06 PM
Inf3rn0
Contender

Rep Power: 80 Inf3rn0 has a reputation beyond reputeInf3rn0 has a reputation beyond reputeInf3rn0 has a reputation beyond reputeInf3rn0 has a reputation beyond reputeInf3rn0 has a reputation beyond reputeInf3rn0 has a reputation beyond reputeInf3rn0 has a reputation beyond reputeInf3rn0 has a reputation beyond reputeInf3rn0 has a reputation beyond reputeInf3rn0 has a reputation beyond reputeInf3rn0 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 14,149.00

you sparred a heavyweight!

and ur bantamweight...