|Boxing Champions | Boxing Schedule | Boxing Video | Boxing History | Pound For Pound | Lounge | The Wire | Audio | Arcade|
Join Date: May 2010
Location: land of the champs
Rep Power: 0
Total Points: 75,601,652.82
So Prince Naseem wasnt inducted into the HOF?
Do you think he was worthy?
* 15 ttle defences
* Unified the divsion
* Brought alot of casual fans to the sport
Im sure there are more accomplishments there, but what do you think? was he HOF worthy?
Join Date: Dec 2006
Rep Power: 112
Total Points: 235,610,651,140,237.69
If he would have beaten Barrera he could have gone in.
He was very exciting, but he just never had that big name win.
But, with the way the HOF works, he still has a chance.
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Birmingham UK
Rep Power: 15
Total Points: 50,613,526,994.90
He'll get inducted eventually. He had a good resume...
36 (31 KOs) - 1 (0 KOs). KO ratio: 84%
- 16-1 (14 KOs) in major title fights. 17-1 (14 KOs) if you count the IBO belt he won after losing to Barrera.
- Defended his WBO Featherweight title for 5 years (15 fights).
- Unified the division by beating IBF titlist Tom Johnson (by TKO), later relinquish the IBF strap.
- Unified again by beating WBC champ Cesar Soto (by UD). Later relinquished the WBC belt.
- He never lost the IBF or WBC belts so in effect he was undisputed champ.
- He was lineal featherweight champ for 3 years, as well as being a P4P top fighter.
- Beat at least 10 world champs: Wilfredo Vazquez (TKO), Soto (UD), Tom Johnson (TKO), Bungu (TKO), Ingle (TKO), McCullough (UD), Kelley (KO), Medina (RTD), Robinson (TKO), Perez (KO).
- Lost only to a legend in Barrera.
- Was known for his charismatic and flashy persona, helped increase boxing's popularity in the UK.
He'll get in the HoF eventually.
Last edited by £-4-£; 12-08-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: las vegas
Rep Power: 25
Total Points: 4,504,152,994,736.09
but how can he be worthy when he never proved his mettle after getting owned by barerra??? he didn't go on to do anything after the loss, he didn't get any wins against any world beaters, and he didn't even try after his loss..........
he is not worthy if you ask me. he's was a product of frank warren match making, fight guys before their ready for the world class level and power, and fight ex champs who were ripe for the pickings.
i'm not completely crapping on him and his career, hamed did have to raise up to beat those guys and he did it in exciting fashion, but there are a lot of guys who were exciting that wont and shouldn't make it to the hall of fame. one thing is for sure, warren had great promotion behind him.............. he could walk on water in the eyes of his fans.
Join Date: Nov 2009
Rep Power: 12
Total Points: 531,976.36
This is the same retard who who thinks Kostya Tszyu deserves credit for wins over such washed up opponents like Jesse James Leija,Roger Mayweather,Livingstone Bramble and Julio Cesar Chavez.
Hamed fought opponents were were still relevant at a world class level.The fighters you credit Tszyu for beating were shot and hadn't been relevant on the world level for years.
What did Tszyu do after he quit on his stool again? Did Tszyu "prove his mettle" when he got knocked silly by an average Vince Phillips and then avoiding ever having a rematch with him?
Last edited by prinzemanspopa; 12-08-2010 at 06:16 AM.
Join Date: Nov 2010
Rep Power: 0
Total Points: 172,336.55
He said "I've always tried to come back but for whatever reason I can't,"
He put the main factor down to his hands being in such bad condition for his last 5-6 fights,
Doctor's advised him not to get back in the ring has he could of ended losing all function of his knuckles in his right hand,
His hands couldn't deal with the power he produced with his freaky!
Either way, he said he won't be back.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Richardson, TX - 220.127.116.11
Rep Power: 16
Total Points: 2,812,445.03
I hope he does. Prince brought me so much entertainment throughout the years. There will never be another Prince Naseem. Ever again.
|Share This With Friends|
|hof? , inducted , naseem , prince|