Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Gino Ros
Banned

Bank: 2,606,020,444.84
Total Points: 2,606,315,745.94
NSB master of finance. My first deposit. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Sir TomJones Money May AllDay, 1 of NSB best. Enjoy the fight homey! - CRASH DUMMY p4p biggest homo - Sir TomJones p4p biggest homo - Sir TomJones 
Best poster on this site !! - BoZz for the help - Lazerjab 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bearman3000 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - tibbar World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones 
Default Bob ARUM Speaks about Shaker Shane MOSLEY: "He was huffing in the 4th round"

Arum: Pacquiao-Mosley unlikely after Mora draw

abs-cbnNEWS.com

Posted at 09/20/2010 3:15 PM | Updated as of 09/20/2010 3:28 PM

Yep...just two months ago....

MANILA, Philippines – The possibility of a showdown between “Sugar” Shane Mosley and Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao dimmed because according to the Filipino’s promoter, the American fighter is already past his prime.

Top Rank, Inc. CEO Bob Arum said this after Mosley and Sergio Mora’s fight on Saturday (Sunday in Manila) ended in a draw.

Arum was not able to watch the bout but he kept himself updated on the Mosley-Mora clash.

“What I've read is not very supportive to make any Mosley-Pacquiao bout. Look, he’s going to be 40 and he’s in the lighter weights where speed is so important. He’s on a show with guys (example, 20-year-old Saul Canelo Alvarez) old enough to be his son,” Arum told Michael Marley of Examiner.com.

Arum noted that Pacquiao, 31, will most likely not fight an “aging” 39-year-old Mosley. Pacquiao has a record of 51-3-2 (with 38 knockouts) while Mosley has 46 wins, 6 losses and 1 draw (with 39 knockouts).

“I read them saying Mosley was huffing and puffing for air in the fourth or fifth round,” stated Arum. “To me, that is the real tipoff for an aging fighter. Even Big George Foreman did that in his 40s but he always had that big, big punch like in the (Michael) Moorer fight.”

The Top Rank head honcho even likened Mosley’s situation to that of 45-year-old Bernard Hopkins, who is set to face Jean Pascal in December.

“It’s like Hopkins, he still knows how to fight but who wants to pay to see him now? His fights are not very scintillating. What you see with Hopkins we’re beginning to see with Mosley.”

But Arum cleared that he has no bad blood with Mosley.

“I guess Shane needs the money due to his matrimonial situation (a divorce under harsh California community property rules)… I’ve always considered Shane to be a nice guy but this is what happens to fighters when they age,” he said.
– With reports from Examiner.com and *********.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ley/index.html

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/09...fter-mora-draw

http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-na...uiao-arum-says

Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-03-2010, 07:54 PM
ThePrince
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 ThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond reputeThePrince has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 363,104,163,271.73
Total Points: 363,931,981,135.89
you're a good poster...have a beer - -pound4pound- who drinks just one beer? have another 1 - -pound4pound- No Message - Come∂ian No Message - Come∂ian No Message - jrosales13 
Ran out of green :/ cheers buddy - Beercules 

I already posted this same article yesterday.

Like I've been saying all along... Mosley leaving GBP=he is Arum's favorite to fight Pac all of a sudden. Same exact thing would happen with Marquez if he followed suit.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Gino Ros
Banned

NSB master of finance. My first deposit. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Sir TomJones Money May AllDay, 1 of NSB best. Enjoy the fight homey! - CRASH DUMMY p4p biggest homo - Sir TomJones p4p biggest homo - Sir TomJones 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bearman3000 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - tibbar World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrince View Post
I already posted this same article yesterday.

Like I've been saying all along... Mosley leaving GBP=he is Arum's favorite to fight Pac all of a sudden. Same exact thing would happen with Marquez if he followed suit.
thank you, my brother.

manny's puppets just change stories based on whatever the puppetmaster says that wek.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:59 PM
any craic lad?
TOMDWAR

Rep Power: 16 any craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond reputeany craic lad? has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 162,938.19
great poster - El Cabron WARGARITO! - Rich Loc Jr drink up lad.. - the mesiah 

Some reporter should quote this to Arum
Imatroll
I AM NOT A TROLL

Rep Power: 13 Imatroll has a reputation beyond reputeImatroll has a reputation beyond reputeImatroll has a reputation beyond reputeImatroll has a reputation beyond reputeImatroll has a reputation beyond reputeImatroll has a reputation beyond reputeImatroll has a reputation beyond reputeImatroll has a reputation beyond reputeImatroll has a reputation beyond reputeImatroll has a reputation beyond reputeImatroll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,781,924,685.58
Total Points: 11,882,161,442.32

Interesting article O_o
NesNY
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 NesNY has a reputation beyond reputeNesNY has a reputation beyond reputeNesNY has a reputation beyond reputeNesNY has a reputation beyond reputeNesNY has a reputation beyond reputeNesNY has a reputation beyond reputeNesNY has a reputation beyond reputeNesNY has a reputation beyond reputeNesNY has a reputation beyond reputeNesNY has a reputation beyond reputeNesNY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 81,994.66
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Slick Ric 

it's not that Arum (or Manny) don't WANT to fight the best competition out there, or even JMM/Berto/Bradley....it's just that they're not Top Rank fighters.

Trust me...if JMM or Berto were with Top Rank...they'd be next in line.
If Shane is truly leaving GBP, and Arum is free to promote the fight under the TR name and have NOTHING to do with GBP, he's most certainly Pac's next opponent.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Gino Ros
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by any craic lad? View Post
Some reporter should quote this to Arum
they can't do that because then they won't get credentialed for other Top Rank fights.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Pullcounter
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Pullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,096,339.38
Total Points: 1,105,377,700.02
'Bout time you had a gift. - S a m u r a i 1 of the few unbiased cats on here - mangler If my daddy thinks you're a good poster, then so do I :) - mangler jr Cheers, to postin wit common sense - mangler Calling it as it is - Tom Flores 
stay shittin on em - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Spacey1991 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - check hook Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans 

nobody wants pac vs mosley. nobody but arum.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:02 PM
JonoYoungP4P
TBE

Rep Power: 39 JonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond reputeJonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond reputeJonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond reputeJonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond reputeJonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond reputeJonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond reputeJonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond reputeJonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond reputeJonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond reputeJonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond reputeJonoYoungP4P has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,336,450,289,813.72
Total Points: 1,536,450,111,064.16
Cheers for the streams - alza1988 thanks - solly6 couldnt green ya, so ill gift ya, thanx for the threatening message - bcfc Happy New Year - Freedom. money team - MR. LARRYX 
Autism - !! AI-Holmes!! 

very good article haha
Old 12-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Gino Ros
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullcounter View Post
nobody wants pac vs mosley. nobody but arum.
I read quotes from manny's mouth that he wanted it.