Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
Reply
Thread Navigation

#11
Old 12-02-2010, 02:25 PM
jakkups
Ya Dun Know
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London, England
Posts: 3,972
Rep Power: 18 jakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,386,197,760.25
Bank: 12.99
Total Points: 1,386,197,773.24
Cheers to Tori Black!!!  Holly shit she is hot!!! - ABOSWORTH One day me and you will get into a brawl with those fools at the local pisser! - Move BRICKS thanks for all da fight hookups ... - -Boxzilla- thx again 4 all da fight hookups ........ - -Boxzilla- you're a great asset to the site , thanks for all the uploads! - shobox 
Thanks for the uploads, cheers! - Left2body great job posting fights - DonTaseMeBrah Apple - ßreakbeat Crackin out the good shit for the best uploader there is! - The Surgeon 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice View Post
I never said anything about you feeling that way about those fighters, I was refering to the general public. As far as your feelings, I clearly knew you felt that way but im sure you understand that your just 10 percent (the educated fan) of the market. The other 90 percent are the ones who make ko0ing past prime bums worthwhile. They are the ones all lolly gagged overthe hl reels.

Its not much for your rep among hardcore fans but finacially, that ko of liddell led to a ko of Forrest, which led to him gettin ko-ed by machida and then the wins over Silva, Rampage. Thats over a million dollars in salary plus bonuses as well as headlining every single one of those fights. Thats huge. Fans may not care about the business side but fighters sure do.

Marquart im sure aint makin Rashad money and he wants to be, he wants those headliners dam near all fighters do. At worst Wanderlei Silva is a main card fight in a LOADED card or a headliner at best.

I actually wouldnt mind seeing the two fight
You're not telling me anything I dont already know. I'm completely aware of the financial rewards. Sure beating these guys are just another way of getting food on your plate, but my original comment was with regards to how that win would be perceived when its all said and done. In this short term, its a business move for casual fans who know nothing outside of UFC propaganda, but when their career's are finished, to the true fans of the sport, it will be viewed simply as a win over a shot fighter who was once great. The only way I would view it as a legit win is from completely blowing them out, e.g. what BJ Penn just did to Matt Hughes.

As for them fighting, sure why not. If he runs though Wand then it's a worthy win. Since he couldn't get past Sonnen or Okami a fight with Wand at this stage isn't so much about money as it is keeping himself relevant with regards to the top of the division purely because Wand has a name, not so much that he is one of the best fighters at 185lbs. If he gets the fight fairplay to the guy since he really wants it.
Reply With Quote
jakkups is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
calls, marquardt, nate, silva, wanderlei

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:48 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.