Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-16-2010, 08:55 PM
Bierstadt
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 Bierstadt has a reputation beyond reputeBierstadt has a reputation beyond reputeBierstadt has a reputation beyond reputeBierstadt has a reputation beyond reputeBierstadt has a reputation beyond reputeBierstadt has a reputation beyond reputeBierstadt has a reputation beyond reputeBierstadt has a reputation beyond reputeBierstadt has a reputation beyond reputeBierstadt has a reputation beyond reputeBierstadt has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,125,893,761.30
Total Points: 5,125,902,574.08
Default LOL Carl Froch also won't talk about his back "injury" without a lawyer.

Quote:
Q&A: Carl Froch
"Abraham is definitely afraid of me"

By Wolfgang Schiffbauer

On November 27, former WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch will face Arthur Abraham in the third and final group stage bout of the Super Six tournament. While both fighters have already secured a spot in the semi-finals, there is still the vacant WBC belt on stake. A title Froch lost to Mikkel Kessler in his last fight. ********* caught up with the hard-hitting Froch en route to his daily training regime and asked the former champion about Abraham, his preparation, the tournament and his thoughts about David Haye and the British boxing scene.

How do you feel about finally stepping into the ring with Arthur Abraham on November 27? Are you excited about the upcoming battle?

I donít get much excited about any boxing match to be honest, but itís obviously a top- level fight. Itís a world-class fight. The main exciting thing right now is that the WBC title is on the line. Thatís a real big deal.

The fight had to be postponed earlier because you suffered a back injury. Can you tell us what happened?

Unfortunately, I canít really talk about the bad back because there is an ongoing issue about it. Therefore, Iím better off not talking about it without my lawyer being present. But Iím fully fit now and ready to fight.

Abraham doubted your injury, he said that you might have something in your head and not your back.

Abraham has his own opinion in his own world. He believes that everything he thinks is true, at least in his own mind. For example, he also believed that Andre Dirrell was playing and acting when he cheap shotted him while Dirrell was on the floor. As it turns out, Dirrell suffers from a neurological problem. Hopefully heís gonna be fit and well. Still, Abraham called Dirrell an actor. I donít know how Dirrell would benefit from that since he stepped out of the tournament. I believe that proves that he wasnít acting. And there is absolutely no benefit for me to lie about my bad back. For him to say that Iím lying about my bad back just doesnít make any sense at all. I think heíd like to think in his own mind that I have an issue with my head because of my first loss to Mikkel Kessler but for your information, I actually took a lot of confidence from that loss to Kessler. One, because I went the distance with a world-class operator and two, I didnít actually get beat. As far as Iím concerned

I won the fight. It was a very close fight but I did enough to win. If you wanna talk about problems in the head, Iíd look at Arthur Abraham. He is up two fights at super middleweight, a new weight division, and he won one and lost one. The one he lost was against somebody whom I actually beat. So I think heís not mentally ready. I think his head is playing tricks on him.

Do you believe he is afraid of you?

He is definitely afraid of me. Itís his first proper fight with a real puncher at 168. He boxed Jermain Taylor, who was finished. I finished off Jermain Taylor, letís not forget about that. I gave him a bad beating for the rounds ten, eleven and twelve and ended his career. Now, Abraham went twelve rounds with Taylor and got the knockout in the last round from an exhausted Taylor. He was exhausted from the fight with me, he was ready for retirement. Abraham finished off Taylorís career but it was already sort of ruined by myself. Abrahamís next fight was with Andre Dirrell and he struggled. He lost every round, he got completely outboxed, and he got outclassed. The knockout came with a cheap shot and a foul, hence the disqualification. So I think Arthur Abraham has got a lot of issues in his head he needs to deal with. If he honestly thinks I pulled a fake bad back, which has cost me a lot of money and inconvenience Ė and for my family and friends Ė heís more ludicrous than everybody thought he was.

So howís your preparation going for the fight?

My preparation is going very well. Iím ahead of schedule because of the injury. I did eight to ten weeks before the injury, before the fight was delayed to November. So things are very good now. I have very strong sparring partners as well. They are mimicking Arthur Abraham brilliantly. So Iíll be more than ready to fight someone like him.

Some experts consider this a crossroads fight for the two of you. Why are you going to win on November 27?

I think itís just general ring-class, speed, skills and power. Iíve got a lot of attributes that Abraham hasnít got. He is a one-dimensional fighter. You know what you get with him. Every time he fights, he does the same thing. Heís quite basic and crude. You know, styles decide. Obviously, I got more experience at super middleweight and Iím bigger and stronger Ė Iím a lot bigger than him Ė because Iím a natural super middleweight since the start of my career nine years ago. Heís a middleweight and not a natural 168 pound fighter and like I said before heís 1-1 at super middleweight. Now heís ready for his second loss in his third fight. I got the tools to beat him, definitely.

Do you want to make a prediction for the fight?

Iím not a fan of predictions to be honest. At the end of day itís an elite level fight for a world championship belt, so we both deserve to be in the ring for our reasons. I feel I got what it takes to beat Abraham. I will outbox him and if he tries to step inside, to make it a slugfest, heíll walk into a lot of shots heís not used to taking from a fully fledged 168 pound fighter. So either way, whatever he tries, heís gonna be in serious trouble.

There has been a lot of criticism about the Super Six in the last few months after fights had to be postponed and participants pulling out of the tournament. Do you still rate the Super Six as a great and innovative idea in boxing or did the concept fail?

I still think the tournament is fantastic! SHOWTIMEís job needs to be respected because theyíve attempted to do something here that nobody has done before them. I know that people have pulled out of the tournament but if you look at value the customers get for their money Ė they are getting world-level fights. Fight after fight, and fights that otherwise might not have happened. I probably wouldnít have fought Kessler or Abraham. These are top-level fights. Jermain Taylor, Andre Ward, Andre Dirrell Ė they all fought handpicked opponents and once every tenth fight there was a hard fight. The fans were robbed of so many great fights over the years Ė as itís always been in boxing. Like my fight with Joe Calzaghe never happened, nor did Junior Witter face Ricky Hatton or the heavyweight fight between David Haye and the Klitschko brothers right now.

With this tournament, you got six fighters, who are top-level, that probably wouldnít have fought each other without the tournament. Itís not great that fighters had to pull out due to injuries but it just shows how hard it is at top-level boxing, to maintain the pace at this level. I actually expected a few people to step out be replaced and I donít think thatís really negative. I really believe the person who comes out of it at the end is the true champion because he has not only beaten everyone who was put in front of him but he also passed the test of time. So whoever will hold the Super Six trophy at the end Ė which I strongly believe it will be me Ė can call himself the super middleweight champion of the world.

What about Lucian Bute?

Forget about Bute. Heís fighting unworthy opponents. Who cares about a fight against Jesse Brinkley? Nobody! The people are interested in the Super Six fights. The fighters involved are top-level and world-class fighters and the injuries showed how hard boxing at this level really is. I wouldnít criticize the tournament at all. Itís a damn shame that people had to pull out because of injuries but those were serious matters and health is more important.

Kessler was named ďchampion emeritusĒ by the WBC. After the tournament has concluded, would you like a rematch with him to erase the close loss in your first fight?

If heís well and physically fine, definitely. That would be a fight I want to get rid of that small blemish on my record. But itís not something Iím sort of going for and got so much desire for. At the end of the day, I went to his backyard of Herning, Denmark, and did enough to win. I beat the guy. I actually think Kessler knows as well. I had a couple conversations with Kessler since the fight. For all I know, I sleep very well at night with that loss on my record. The great thing about the Super Six is that I now have a chance to get the belt back that was robbed from me.
source: http://www.*********.com/Boxing/qa-carl-froch-2-66424 (published November 11th)

Hey Carl, the doc's name wouldn't be Shaw High by any chance would it?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-16-2010, 08:56 PM
FLYBOY
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 FLYBOY is infamous around these partsFLYBOY is infamous around these partsFLYBOY is infamous around these partsFLYBOY is infamous around these partsFLYBOY is infamous around these partsFLYBOY is infamous around these partsFLYBOY is infamous around these partsFLYBOY is infamous around these partsFLYBOY is infamous around these partsFLYBOY is infamous around these partsFLYBOY is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 369,820.11

haha. Dr. Shaw High for Froch also.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Pullcounter
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Pullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,096,339.38
Total Points: 1,105,380,059.02
'Bout time you had a gift. - S a m u r a i 1 of the few unbiased cats on here - mangler If my daddy thinks you're a good poster, then so do I :) - mangler jr Cheers, to postin wit common sense - mangler Calling it as it is - Tom Flores 
stay shittin on em - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Spacey1991 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - check hook Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans 

this is a non-issue since froch has returned to the super 6 and is fighting AA.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Sweet Jesus
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Sweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 377,042,332.67
Total Points: 377,137,231.47
You need a gift homie.  Drink up!!!!!!!!  Drinks on me potna. - Chief2ndzOnly! 9K posts and much much improved poster - -pound4pound- Nemiroff - kyshenko team 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Ether AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - EngorgedW/Blood Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Ether 

Good to see that Marcos Maidana has recovered from a back injury of his own.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:26 PM
Bronsky
AyoMaDu!

Rep Power: 11 Bronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 152,709,915,238.26
Total Points: 182,732,902,563.30
&quot;amor de lejo amor de pendejo&quot; lol! classic. - jose830 have a fish my brother! - jose830 Respiratory Equipment Tech...Cheers! - jose830 Happy holidays bro! - led* Thanks. Cheers! - led* 
what's up homie! :beerchug: - jose830 sapito :lol1: I remember they used to called them 'ombligitos' too! lmao - jose830 

Agreed, it's a non issue. I don't see why he would say that in the first place though. Perhaps, legitimize an excuse? If that makes any sense? Either way froch just has to box this guy. I give both an equal chance at this with perhaps froch edging it minutely with a better boxing ability.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Sweet Jesus
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Sweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Jesus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 377,042,332.67
Total Points: 377,137,231.47
You need a gift homie.  Drink up!!!!!!!!  Drinks on me potna. - Chief2ndzOnly! 9K posts and much much improved poster - -pound4pound- Nemiroff - kyshenko team 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Ether AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - EngorgedW/Blood Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Ether 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -J- View Post
Agreed, it's a non issue. I don't see why he would say that in the first place though. Perhaps, legitimize an excuse? If that makes any sense? Either way froch just has to box this guy. I give both an equal chance at this with perhaps froch edging it minutely with a better boxing ability.
Froch just needs to box.

That made me giggle.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Bronsky
AyoMaDu!

Rep Power: 11 Bronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond reputeBronsky has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 152,709,915,238.26
Total Points: 182,732,902,563.30
&quot;amor de lejo amor de pendejo&quot; lol! classic. - jose830 have a fish my brother! - jose830 Respiratory Equipment Tech...Cheers! - jose830 Happy holidays bro! - led* Thanks. Cheers! - led* 
what's up homie! :beerchug: - jose830 sapito :lol1: I remember they used to called them 'ombligitos' too! lmao - jose830 

Lmao........msg length.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:33 PM
starjammer
Sheriff

Rep Power: 32 starjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond reputestarjammer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,612,432,689,381.37
Total Points: 1,618,668,866,958.67
happy st pattys.. - Howlin' Wolf S - S a m u r a i T - S a m u r a i A - S a m u r a i R - S a m u r a i 
J - S a m u r a i A - S a m u r a i M - S a m u r a i M - S a m u r a i E - S a m u r a i 
R - S a m u r a i Let's get the collection completed! - S a m u r a i &amp;quot;........&amp;quot; - S a m u r a i Another. - S a m u r a i Last one. - S a m u r a i 
merry xmas - Subtraction All good students bring an apple for their teacher :D (worth some extra credit, yeah?) - *Boss Lady* Ridding the Internet of one  illiterate cunt at a time! - *Boss Lady* Boxing Scene's bestest English teacher EVER! x - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas - Flab 
Hepatitis C - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S a m u r a i Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - S a m u r a i Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - S a m u r a i 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - S a m u r a i Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - S a m u r a i Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - S a m u r a i Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - S a m u r a i 
Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - S a m u r a i Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - S a m u r a i Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - S a m u r a i Autism - S a m u r a i AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - S a m u r a i 

Jermain Taylor fights handpicked opponents?

How dare you.