Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-16-2010, 01:02 AM
LMFAO
Banned

Rep Power: 0 LMFAO is infamous around these partsLMFAO is infamous around these partsLMFAO is infamous around these partsLMFAO is infamous around these partsLMFAO is infamous around these partsLMFAO is infamous around these partsLMFAO is infamous around these partsLMFAO is infamous around these partsLMFAO is infamous around these partsLMFAO is infamous around these partsLMFAO is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 330,321.84
cuz I'm a troll - jazluvr you deserve this special award - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 
Thumbs up Pacquiao-Margarito Far Below Attendance Expectations at Cowboys Stadium

As much good as you can say about the win for Manny Pacquiao last night, there are no doubt some frowns on the business side of things coming out of the performance, at least for now. We'll see how pay-per-view figures stack up, but ESPN.com's Dan Rafael reported last night that the attendance at Cowboys Stadium was a "mere" 41,734 -- less than what Pacquiao did against the far lesser-known Joshua Clottey in March at the same building, and much, much less than the 70,000 they were talking up before this fight.

I don't recall ESPN panning the audience in wide view last night, and that might be why. Just speculating, but we know how Bob Arum reacts to disappointing business. We saw it when the 2009 fight between Manny Pacquiao and Ricky Hatton fell dramatically short of his PPV buy prediction, as Arum was said to have tried to issue something of a gag order to HBO and co-promoters of the fight at Golden Boy Promotions, both parties who were happy with the number that Pacquiao-Hatton did.

41,000 is a very big crowd, but this might say something, particularly about Antonio Margarito and the matchup in general. We got a good fight last night, but maybe this replacement for Floyd Mayweather Jr. just wasn't up to snuff for most fans, and maybe Margarito doesn't have the mass backing that they thought he still had from the Mexican audience. This fight went to Texas because they thought they could do a huge gate by bringing in that audience and the Pacquiao fans for one big event. Doesn't look like that happened.

Or maybe there's simply too much by way of alternative entertainment in November. Even with the Cowboys sucking, the NFL is still the ticket in Dallas, plus those fans just got done with the Rangers in the World Series, college football is heating up, and the NBA and NHL are in swing. Compare that to March, which has no NFL, the NBA and NHL are in a "dull" part of their regular seasons, MLB is in Florida and Arizona, and the only real competition is March Madness.

But whatever the reason, this is not what they were hoping to see, obviously. I hope this doesn't deter them from doing future events, but there does come a time when, unless Jerry Jones is throwing on tons of money (and that will have its limit), returns can diminish even with very big crowds to the point that it's not worth it to go to Dallas when you can make a lot more money going to Vegas and fighting in front of 15,000 high-priced tickets.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-16-2010, 01:06 AM
ThePunchingBag
Rolling with the punches.

Rep Power: 17 ThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,100,000,297,615.36
Be Joyful - Gift Giver 

Eh?

Out of all the things that came out of Saturday's fight, this is what you focus on?

Lame.

I don't think Arum will be shedding many tears if PPV #'s come out higher than expected.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:09 AM
THE REED™
Most Definitely

Rep Power: 200000 THE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REED™ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,092,450,184,556,123,648.00
Total Points: 1,092,451,208,502,905,216.00
For being so BOSS! - komodo Straight up G! - komodo Thanks man :hail: - komodo Top man! - komodo BOSS - komodo 
Good talking boxing sir - Atreyu Khalil 50k Posts - Unknown Champ for the Super 50,000 post... - jose830 Congrats on 50K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 50k Posts - BulgariasFinest 
50,000 - TBear Super Mod! Congrats on 50k Reed :D - Bossy 50K - -Mustang- 50k, congrats bro - MELLY-MEL... can't be touched. - Body Movin' 
Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Birthday champ! - LoadedWraps Congrats on engagement! - Spacey1991 your daughter is adorable, Bless her :fing02: - -jose- is good to put a face to the name THE REED™ even doe you look nothing how I expected lol...I'll give you an 8.5 out of 10...good luck with your future wife :usa2: - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BattlingNelson Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - dans01234 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- Head and Neck Cancer - Dominicano Soy! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Makavelli Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Makavelli Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - QUELOQUE 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Freedom Fighter Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Dorian.. Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - iBreakbeat Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Dorian Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Atreyu Khalil 

Why the thumbs up icon?

Is this a good thing for the sport of boxing?

Or are you one of those types of fans where getting your favorite fighter to look good is more important than the way the entire sport of boxing looks?
Old 11-16-2010, 01:09 AM
Verstyle
Future Champion

Rep Power: 21564 Verstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 49,857,501,161,755.91
Total Points: 49,857,501,453,669.76
Congrats on 38K posts Vers mah homie!!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! to the big homie - Larryx2011 great lounge poster - RINGG interesting/good threads man. - chiguy91 for an atg poster - jazluvr 
For all your kindness and support - Lorily :lol1: that shyt ain't right and awkward thread - jose830 No Message - MELLY-MEL... Thanks bro - BulgariasFinest Welcome back bud - TBear 
Happy Holidays Verstyle.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - TBear No Message - TBear No Message - TBear 40,000 posts! :fing02: - jose830 
4 d 40k - led* 40k son - MELLY-MEL... have a great time at the fight tomorrow night! - HUGH JASS Froid Mayweather d1ck rider - Warrios another floyd cock 4 u - Risen 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
Eh?

Out of all the things that came out of Saturday's fight, this is what you focus on?

Lame.

I don't think Arum will be shedding many tears if PPV #'s come out higher than expected.
Co-sign. Going out of his way to find things to hate on. Haha. Damn.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:24 AM
Crazylegs77
null and void

Rep Power: 39 Crazylegs77 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazylegs77 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazylegs77 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazylegs77 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazylegs77 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazylegs77 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazylegs77 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazylegs77 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazylegs77 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazylegs77 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazylegs77 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 69,333,958.43
Total Points: 119,592,210.09
bobjr will forever be in our hearts! we love you bob!! - Zhou Sann :goat: - Mile Kitic Vive le France! :banana: :p - Philippe lovely poster - INSECT 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - crazylegs77 Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZO Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Pico Hollywood Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Spare Moody 

this thread is very petty
Old 11-16-2010, 01:44 AM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,000,228,045.51
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VERSATILE2K10 View Post
Co-sign. Going out of his way to find things to hate on. Haha. Damn.
Got to be the understatement of the year ,, you people dredge the gutters looking for anything on Floyd , true or not dont matter if its negative about Floyd lets fly with it ,,,, it is you *******s that are the cowards in this , your fighter has no interest in a fair fight .
Old 11-16-2010, 01:51 AM
Da Hammer
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Da Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeDa Hammer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,060,030,781.18
Total Points: 22,066,076,565.26
Objective fan - DuttyAlacrity 

Any other "negatives" that you want to talk about? The sports world has been giving boxing a lot of spotlight the last week and you focus on this ****... good god...
Old 11-16-2010, 01:54 AM
jrosales13
undisputed champion

Rep Power: 77 jrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond reputejrosales13 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3.85
Total Points: 383,418,950,589.09
13 burgers - Dambala Good poster - Mucus Great poster/member award! - jazluvr Leader of the MannyPac Mafia, a real OG - Erik13 For being one of the most solid posters in the History of BoxingScene!!!!  Keep on posting bruh. - Chief2ndzOnly! 
more beer - -pound4pound- Maidana p4p GOAT - Dick Buffman These are really good - jazluvr This place would not be the same without you Jro... you rock - Lorily for being a great poster - led 
For keepin' it real - jazluvr hope you get drunk :) - led Thanks for hooking me up with your cousin - Heebarican oscar haters need beer - -pound4pound- Merry X-mas!!! - HandSpeed303 
Happy Holidays Jro! - Lorily Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger Here is a beer for you homie!! - el20cuatro Fellow Leuzinger Olympian - MANIAC310 Happy Holidays JRo! - Lorily 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Timmy Chans Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MANIAC310 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedickyaluss View Post
Why the thumbs up icon?

Is this a good thing for the sport of boxing?

Or are you one of those types of fans where getting your favorite fighter to look good is more important than the way the entire sport of boxing looks?
Even though the TS has the thumbs up cuz it is a "disappointment. So he falls under your last question.

I don't see how 40k is a disappointment. Is 40k sold legit to fans, is not like in March where Jerry Jones bought 30k and gave them away or whatever he did with them. No, it was 40k sold legit.

So how can that not be a success especially for boxing in this country? We not use to getting that many people in a stadium for a boxing. So is a success by all means.

I can see why people might say it is a disappointment because Arum hyped up 70k... But, if you call that a disappointment then the 1.4mil PPV buys that Floyd-Shane did was disappointing cuz Schafer hyped up 3mil PPV buys.

Call me crazy but I find 1.4mil PPV buys or 40k fans showing up for a boxing pretty damn good.