Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-15-2010, 01:33 PM
V.WEBB
CBVM

Rep Power: 39 V.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,216,426,113,460.62
Total Points: 4,221,923,623,353.72
For your Honeymoon, bless - Syf congrats homie - project xxx1 stay strong!! - Horus Poppppppp  this bottle for me - Horus No Message - Horus 
some wedding cake fo ya - DiLLiNGER wedding ring lol - DiLLiNGER No Message - DiLLiNGER For the Family Man!  To a happy and healthy life! - Lorily God Bless and Happy Holidays to you and your family! - Lorily 
Long overdue mate! - Tamis_Siensya somebody kick this racist - Band-Aid :fing02: - -jose- 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Toda Caine Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Horus Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - SekondzOut Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
You can't honestly say this with a straight face.
Right. It just doesn't even add up. I mean, Tony looked good in his preparation. But, the man got his brains beat out of his head when he fought Cotto and Shane. NO FIGHTER could ever be the same after fights like those.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Spoon23
Licks Pacmans Taint

Rep Power: 25 Spoon23 has a reputation beyond reputeSpoon23 has a reputation beyond reputeSpoon23 has a reputation beyond reputeSpoon23 has a reputation beyond reputeSpoon23 has a reputation beyond reputeSpoon23 has a reputation beyond reputeSpoon23 has a reputation beyond reputeSpoon23 has a reputation beyond reputeSpoon23 has a reputation beyond reputeSpoon23 has a reputation beyond reputeSpoon23 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 708,735.56
to help freshen up on your comprehension - I'm so sorry finally using the correct &quot;You're&quot; instead of &quot;Your&quot; - I'm so sorry for you my young padawan. Cheers - Spoon23 i eat 23 pactards with  Spoon on a daily basisLELELELEL - Primera keep riding pacs d1ck - Mannie Phresh 
cuz you obviously like me. - Mannie Phresh for dominating life - sugarsmosley WAR Spoon23! - LoadedWraps 
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Protagonista View Post
That's going a bit far. I love Pac and agree he's the greatest fighter of my generation, but he's not greater than Leonard, yet. Greatness comes down to resumes and while Pac's resume is nothing short of great, Leonard's resume is a who's who of boxing.

Duran

Hagler

Hearns

Benitez
During sugar ray time, he had the opportunity to fight a round robbin with p4p fighters in the 80's Duran, Hagler and Benitez.

Pac has somwhat of that kind in the lower division in his era. P4P fighters who where just as popular based on era and was also in the close divisions at pac. That was.... Marquez, Barrera, Morales. P4P fighters that pac had epic wars with and won must of the round robbin.

If you know what people said about pac, after beating this 3. That his legacy was already impressive at that point. Coz he fought the 3 mexican greats in his lifetime.. Add the other fighters going up in weight pac fought. He became the superstar that he is today.

Fine Duran, HAgel Sugar were defintely great. Love watching them in the 80's when boxing was bigger. But during that time the talents where there in the middleweight. In pac's time.. It was the 3 mexicans in the lower weights. Same ****, different era, not as popular as the Durans and Haglers coz of there size and decade. Boxing was big then.

But nowadays..

To quote, Larry Merchant to be big in boxing you have to reach welterweight at least. The 3 mexicans where great fighters but they small and have a small fan base compered to heavy weights and middle weights which americans love to watch. But if you ask me.

If morales was as big as Hagler. He could have taxed his ass. If Barrera was as big as Sugar it could have been epic. My point is pac had the same three horsemen. He was a fighter who fought a lot of p4p's in his time. That's what's great about pac. He has done it all. And his story keeps on coming.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Khalid X
The Truth Terrorist

Rep Power: 38 Khalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 123,302,588,091,301.12
Total Points: 123,302,588,177,892.08
Thanks so much for all your HD wizardry! - AndyShitHot 2 commemorate ur new name homey .... - -Boxzilla- 720p legend ..... - -Boxzilla- the king of hd - -Boxzilla- Hooking it up with some excellent quality fights - TheCheetah 
The KING OF HIGH DEF FIGHTS - TheCheetah The King of High Def fights! - TheCheetah High Definition LEGEND - TheCheetah Thanx - PR13 u do homework - nice guy and top poster - cleaner147 
And still...! leaving HD devastation and destruction in your wake. - PittyPat For all the Videos Mate - Stone Roses! Money Mayweather &amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; Pacman - Stone Roses! For the Vasquez-Marquez Trilogy - Stone Roses! cheers! - Tamis_Siensya 
gift giving time to friends - serv have some more mate! - Tamis_Siensya Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Kick Khalid Muhammed aka &quot;The Black Hitler&quot; - Freedom2013 Its white... - Mannie Phresh 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dynamite Kid Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Akinapepemo 
Autism - cleaner147 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - South318 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
You can't honestly say this with a straight face.
Man I don't feed into the bullsh1t that one fight makes you shot. Foreman mascared Frazier a$$ yet Frazier took Ali to hell and back.

Same with Barrera....Jones fvkked him up yet Barrera not only beat Morales but went on a lengendary run. There are tons of examples but the bottom line is this; I'm not from this b.s. boxing generation who feeds it all the non sense of one loss and your done/shot or past your prime.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:37 PM
VoiceofReason
Amateur

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,891.73

Well it looks like some of you are better than the experts.
Khalid X
The Truth Terrorist

Rep Power: 38 Khalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond reputeKhalid X has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks so much for all your HD wizardry! - AndyShitHot 2 commemorate ur new name homey .... - -Boxzilla- 720p legend ..... - -Boxzilla- the king of hd - -Boxzilla- Hooking it up with some excellent quality fights - TheCheetah 
The KING OF HIGH DEF FIGHTS - TheCheetah The King of High Def fights! - TheCheetah High Definition LEGEND - TheCheetah Thanx - PR13 u do homework - nice guy and top poster - cleaner147 
And still...! leaving HD devastation and destruction in your wake. - PittyPat For all the Videos Mate - Stone Roses! Money Mayweather &amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; Pacman - Stone Roses! For the Vasquez-Marquez Trilogy - Stone Roses! cheers! - Tamis_Siensya 
gift giving time to friends - serv have some more mate! - Tamis_Siensya Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Kick Khalid Muhammed aka &quot;The Black Hitler&quot; - Freedom2013 Its white... - Mannie Phresh 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dynamite Kid Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Akinapepemo 
Autism - cleaner147 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - South318 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-3 View Post
If you think he was the same fighter that he was when he fought Paul Williams THREE WHOLE years ago, I don't know what to say. I mean, the Cotto and Shane fights took ALOT out of him. I don't care what the experts say, that kind of damage changes fighters.
Pac has been in just as many wars as Tony, if not more.
hanzoh74
CounterposteR

Rep Power: 9 hanzoh74 has a reputation beyond reputehanzoh74 has a reputation beyond reputehanzoh74 has a reputation beyond reputehanzoh74 has a reputation beyond reputehanzoh74 has a reputation beyond reputehanzoh74 has a reputation beyond reputehanzoh74 has a reputation beyond reputehanzoh74 has a reputation beyond reputehanzoh74 has a reputation beyond reputehanzoh74 has a reputation beyond reputehanzoh74 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,429,810,527,659.57
Total Points: 4,429,810,576,830.56
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gopi11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Top Rank- View Post
Better yet they think since Margarito lost to Mosley that he was shot. News flash.....prior to Williams not only did tony has losses he had TKO stoppage losses as well. He's only prime when he faces their favorite fighter....and conviently they all of the sudden become shot when Manny faces him.

I swear they will lie and say Williams is weight drained and Martinez wars took too much out of him.....when Manny beats his a$$ as well. It's a never ending story with these dudes.
If that was an undefeated Cotto who fought AM that night im sure it will be a the same beatdown...i hate these guys who always throw the word "shot" at every fighters whove been annihilated by Pac and has the nerve to call themselves BOXING FAN or "BIG BOYS" of this site!!! disgusting
V.WEBB
CBVM

Rep Power: 39 V.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond reputeV.WEBB has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,216,426,113,460.62
Total Points: 4,221,923,623,353.72
For your Honeymoon, bless - Syf congrats homie - project xxx1 stay strong!! - Horus Poppppppp  this bottle for me - Horus No Message - Horus 
some wedding cake fo ya - DiLLiNGER wedding ring lol - DiLLiNGER No Message - DiLLiNGER For the Family Man!  To a happy and healthy life! - Lorily God Bless and Happy Holidays to you and your family! - Lorily 
Long overdue mate! - Tamis_Siensya somebody kick this racist - Band-Aid :fing02: - -jose- 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Toda Caine Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Horus Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - SekondzOut Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - led 

Quote:
Man I don't feed into the bullsh1t that one fight makes you shot. Foreman mascared Frazier a$$ yet Frazier took Ali to hell and back.

Same with Barrera....Jones fvkked him up yet Barrera not only beat Morales but went on a lengendary run. There are tons of examples but the bottom line is this; I'm not from this b.s. boxing generation who feeds it all the non sense of one loss and your done/shot or past your prime.
The issue I had with your statement is where you said that Tony was the SAME Tony he was when he fought Williams THREE WHOLE YEARS AGO. That doesn't even make sense my dude. You can't omit the damage he took when he fought Cotto and Shane, and dude was off for a year and came back and looked very average in his return bout. That is NOT being the SAME Tony he was when he fought Williams three years ago, no matter how you word it.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Khalid X
The Truth Terrorist

Margarito had similar speed in the Williams fight as he did in the Pacquiao fight.

Power was there as seen by him hurting Manny.

Chin was there as seen by him eating those viscous combos.

And same with his trademark uppercut, hooks to the body and trying to cut off the ring.

Please explain to me how Marg looked different and specifically in what areas? The biggest excuse is his chin being cracked....but his beard looked better than ever IMO. Hell even Manny admitted dude was ridiculously strong in that fight.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:40 PM
IMDAZED
You'll catch feelings

Rep Power: 93 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 243,943,470,601,459.62
Total Points: 1,000,245,946,636,116,736.00
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote:
Margarito had similar speed in the Williams fight as he did in the Pacquiao fight.

Power was there as seen by him hurting Manny.

Chin was there as seen by him eating those viscous combos.

And same with his trademark uppercut, hooks to the body and trying to cut off the ring.

Please explain to me how Marg looked different and specifically in what areas? The biggest excuse is his chin being cracked....but his beard looked better than ever IMO. Hell even Manny admitted dude was ridiculously strong in that fight.
This is getting ridiculous.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:41 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 71 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,345,363,557,804,057.00
Total Points: 5,374,583,673,967,257.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-3 View Post
The issue I had with your statement is where you said that Tony was the SAME Tony he was when he fought Williams THREE WHOLE YEARS AGO. That doesn't even make sense my dude. You can't omit the damage he took when he fought Cotto and Shane, and dude was off for a year and came back and looked very average in his return bout. That is NOT being the SAME Tony he was when he fought Williams three years ago, no matter how you word it.
That's what i was getting at. The Garcia fight showed me he wasn't the same as the guy who took Cottos soul, the reason why this is, is up for debate.