need to gain 20 lbs, quick - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reply
Thread Navigation

#1
Old 11-08-2010, 02:18 PM
josh-hill
Contender
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 372
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8 josh-hill is on a distinguished road
Points: 74,133.15
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 74,133.15
Default need to gain 20 lbs, quick

i know this cant be done overnight so when i say quick i meen over a matter of months. but as quick as possible. i know this is a boxing forum so people might not be experts at bodybuilding but i keep seeing threads where people say ' i keep gaining too much muscle' so you guys must be on to something

also i am doing this for my boxing (yes i know that muscle dosent make you a better puncher, that is a discussion for another thread) so i train at my boxing gym twice a week too, how am i best fiting it round that? thanks
Reply With Quote
josh-hill is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#2
Old 11-08-2010, 03:00 PM
them_apples
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 26
Posts: 6,741
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Rep Power: 24 them_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 201,225,164.33
Bank: 38,327,750,314.79
Total Points: 38,528,975,479.12
For making sense -- a rarity on BoxingScene. - S a m u r a i You make sense. Cheers, bro! - FightFreak 
Send a message via MSN to them_apples
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh-hill View Post
i know this cant be done overnight so when i say quick i meen over a matter of months. but as quick as possible. i know this is a boxing forum so people might not be experts at bodybuilding but i keep seeing threads where people say ' i keep gaining too much muscle' so you guys must be on to something

also i am doing this for my boxing (yes i know that muscle dosent make you a better puncher, that is a discussion for another thread) so i train at my boxing gym twice a week too, how am i best fiting it round that? thanks
putting on 20 lbs will fuk up your boxing. there is a reason you are the weight you are
Reply With Quote
them_apples is offline
#3
Old 11-08-2010, 03:05 PM
GoogleMe
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 3,556
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15 GoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond reputeGoogleMe has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 14,348.11
Bank: 34,819,397,290.58
Total Points: 34,819,411,638.69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by them_apples View Post
putting on 20 lbs will fuk up your boxing. there is a reason you are the weight you are
Let him gain what he wants ;-)
I like being a small guy in my weightclass. I hate those fast middleweights (but I'm one). I'm a fast lightheavy now, and I've always been a very strong puncher, so I actually dominate most my opponents.
Weight are good. It makes your stronger.
Reply With Quote
GoogleMe is offline
#4
Old 11-08-2010, 03:06 PM
BrooklynBomber
Bi-furious.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Rogue Agent
Age: 30
Posts: 37,092
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 605 BrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,045,319,610.86
Bank: 193,125,803,856.77
Total Points: 194,171,123,467.62
a toast to all the excitement bernard hopkins has gifted the world...... - Left Hook Tua The meaning of life, Brook. Thats what is in this box. Who can beat that gift? Thats what I thought... - K-Nan 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink 
Default

20 pounds? Easy.

You need this


and lots of this
Reply With Quote
BrooklynBomber is offline
#5
Old 11-08-2010, 03:08 PM
josh-hill
Contender
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 372
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8 josh-hill is on a distinguished road
Points: 74,133.15
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 74,133.15
Default

yeah that reason is that for 16 years i sat in front of the tv doing **** all ive only been boxing a month or two so its not like i reached my maximum potential. one problem i am having is that i have so little fat i have a low metabolism so i cant loose fat verry easily. and in the long term i am only going to gain 10 lbs, but i will loose alot of fat too. i am currently at 70kg and 16 bf%. i want to get to 75kg at 8% bf.
Reply With Quote
josh-hill is offline
#6
Old 11-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Darkstar
Plan B
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,891
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 24 Darkstar has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstar has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstar has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstar has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstar has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstar has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstar has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstar has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstar has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstar has a reputation beyond reputeDarkstar has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 258,430.22
Bank: 52,898,843.27
Total Points: 53,157,273.50
thank you sir. may you win your next big bet. - Left Hook Tua Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Default

Drink as much full milk as you can every day(at least 2 gallons) and lift heavy.
Reply With Quote
Darkstar is offline
#7
Old 11-08-2010, 03:36 PM
oaklandstephen
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 27
Posts: 2,499
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15 oaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond reputeoaklandstephen has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 68,216,589.82
Bank: 4,656,754,812,901.84
Total Points: 4,656,823,029,491.66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh-hill View Post
i know this cant be done overnight so when i say quick i meen over a matter of months. but as quick as possible. i know this is a boxing forum so people might not be experts at bodybuilding but i keep seeing threads where people say ' i keep gaining too much muscle' so you guys must be on to something

also i am doing this for my boxing (yes i know that muscle dosent make you a better puncher, that is a discussion for another thread) so i train at my boxing gym twice a week too, how am i best fiting it round that? thanks
sounds like a terrible idea.
Reply With Quote
oaklandstephen is offline
#8
Old 11-08-2010, 03:53 PM
BrooklynBomber
Bi-furious.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Rogue Agent
Age: 30
Posts: 37,092
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 605 BrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,045,319,610.86
Bank: 193,125,803,856.77
Total Points: 194,171,123,467.62
a toast to all the excitement bernard hopkins has gifted the world...... - Left Hook Tua The meaning of life, Brook. Thats what is in this box. Who can beat that gift? Thats what I thought... - K-Nan 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh-hill View Post
yeah that reason is that for 16 years i sat in front of the tv doing **** all ive only been boxing a month or two so its not like i reached my maximum potential. one problem i am having is that i have so little fat i have a low metabolism so i cant loose fat verry easily. and in the long term i am only going to gain 10 lbs, but i will loose alot of fat too. i am currently at 70kg and 16 bf%. i want to get to 75kg at 8% bf.
Well, there are two ways to approach this. An easy way is an all out bulk and then an all out cut. I suppose 70 KG is around 155 pounds, so go from 155 to 175 with a good bulk, which can be done over winter and then go on a diet for 3-4 months to lose the flab.
Another way would be to go on a strict dietary and training plan now and lose somewhere around 10-12 pounds, after that go into a clean bulk. Your body will will go into a super compensation mode(rebound) and you will be gaining pounds of muscle in months. But in reality all of this stuff is very complicated to do and you seem to be a complete noob. So your best approach would be to start eating clean, and training regurarly, that will give you steady noobgains for months.
You can look how to do this in any number of places, although boxing forum is not gonna be the most useful.
Reply With Quote
BrooklynBomber is offline
#9
Old 11-08-2010, 04:03 PM
josh-hill
Contender
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 372
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8 josh-hill is on a distinguished road
Points: 74,133.15
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 74,133.15
Default

well im a noob at boxing, but i would like to think i am quite knowledgeable at weightlifting. i have been lifting for nearly a year now but have only just taken up boxing. so far i have lost over half a stone over all and gained a bit of muscle. the problem i had is i wasnt getting anywhere near enough protein so i kept putting on too much fat and not enough muscle.

i keep being told that an all out bulk is the best way to go by the meatheads at BB.com but half of them are roid using social outcasts so i thought the people here would be more ballanced .

anyway if there is a beter way i would happily give it a go. personaly i would rather loose the fat now so i will do that. sadly i think i squandered my noob gains. but i am now going to make sure i do get a proper diet sorted.

what im thinking of doing is swimming 5 mornings a week, lifting 3 evenings and boxing 2 evenings (if it was up to me i would box more but the gym is only open 2 days a week) and eat about 2000 cals. how dose this look?

after i come off the diet could you recommend a type of program that would help slingshot me up a few lbs? again bb.com seems to think 3 day splits are the way to go, but i am sure that you need to work out each bodypart at least twice a week. im making a program at the moment to do that but i think i might have too much vollume.

also would it be easier for you guys if i used lbs instead of kg? thanks
Reply With Quote
josh-hill is offline
#10
Old 11-08-2010, 04:13 PM
BrooklynBomber
Bi-furious.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Rogue Agent
Age: 30
Posts: 37,092
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 605 BrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,045,319,610.86
Bank: 193,125,803,856.77
Total Points: 194,171,123,467.62
a toast to all the excitement bernard hopkins has gifted the world...... - Left Hook Tua The meaning of life, Brook. Thats what is in this box. Who can beat that gift? Thats what I thought... - K-Nan 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh-hill View Post
well im a noob at boxing, but i would like to think i am quite knowledgeable at weightlifting. i have been lifting for nearly a year now but have only just taken up boxing. so far i have lost over half a stone over all and gained a bit of muscle. the problem i had is i wasnt getting anywhere near enough protein so i kept putting on too much fat and not enough muscle.

i keep being told that an all out bulk is the best way to go by the meatheads at BB.com but half of them are roid using social outcasts so i thought the people here would be more ballanced .

anyway if there is a beter way i would happily give it a go. personaly i would rather loose the fat now so i will do that. sadly i think i squandered my noob gains. but i am now going to make sure i do get a proper diet sorted.

what im thinking of doing is swimming 5 mornings a week, lifting 3 evenings and boxing 2 evenings (if it was up to me i would box more but the gym is only open 2 days a week) and eat about 2000 cals. how dose this look?

after i come off the diet could you recommend a type of program that would help slingshot me up a few lbs? again bb.com seems to think 3 day splits are the way to go, but i am sure that you need to work out each bodypart at least twice a week. im making a program at the moment to do that but i think i might have too much vollume.

also would it be easier for you guys if i used lbs instead of kg? thanks
That looks all right for a program to lose weight. Enough work there, at least.
As for gaining weight, use t-nation.com archives. They got the best information out there, when it comes to weightlifting. Pick whatever program they offer that suits you best. It's not nearly as important as the diet, which should be on the lock.
Reply With Quote
BrooklynBomber is offline
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
gain, lbs, quick

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Cookie Policy - Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2016 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:52 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.