Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-08-2010, 04:47 AM
ThunderWolf
WildCard

Rep Power: 13 ThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,634,891,028.10
Total Points: 11,634,980,752.50
beer pare - Makavelli 
Send a message via ICQ to ThunderWolf Send a message via AIM to ThunderWolf Send a message via MSN to ThunderWolf Send a message via Yahoo to ThunderWolf Send a message via Skype™ to ThunderWolf
Default Highlights from CBS 60 Minutes' feature on Manny Pacquiao

Dennis "D Source" Guillermo
Boxing Examiner
November 8th, 2010

"We haven't done many stories on boxers, but there's good reason to do one now. Next Saturday there will be a fight in Dallas featuring a 31-year-old Filipino who is quite simply, the best boxer in the world today. His name is Manny Pacquiao and he's generating excitement not seen in the ring since Mike Tyson, Sugar Ray Leonard or Muhammad Ali. Incredibly, Manny or 'Pac Man' as he's called, holds world titles in seven weight divisions; from 105 pounds to 148- that's never been done before."

Those were the opening statements of distinguished and multi-awarded journalist Bob Simon of CBS' 60 Minutes in his segment featuring Filipino boxing sensation Manny Pacquiao. The feature, which lasted about 13 minutes, came after CBS correspondent Steve Kroft's interview with US President Barrack Obama who addressed the first 2 years of his term as president. In boxing lingo, you can say Obama was on Pacquiao's "undercard".

The feature wasn't just a tribute to Pacquiao's impact in the sport and his nation, it was also a win for boxing as it brought back memories from its golden ages when mainstream media cared about the sport.

Here are some other noteworthy and quotable quotes from the 60 Minutes feature on Pacquiao:

On Pacquiao's smiling ring entrances:

Simon - "I've never seen a fighter walk towards the ring smiling. Are you just doing that, is it a tactic, or are you really happy?"

Pacquiao - "That's just me; I'm always smiling."

On Pacquiao's ranking among the greats:

Simon - "Just how good is Manny Pacquiao?"

Arum - "I think Manny Pacquiao is the best fighter that I have ever seen."

**Simon narration: Bob Arum has promoted many of the world's great fighters including "The Greatest".

Arum - "I did 25 fights for Ali,"

Simon - "You're saying.. you're saying that Manny Pacquiao is a greater fighter than Muhammad Ali?"

Arum - "Yes he is, because Muhammad Ali was essentially a one-handed fighter. Manny Pacquiao really shocks these fighters, because he hits equally hard from the left side or the right side."

On Pacquiao using boxing as a means to get out of poverty:

**Simon narration: She (Manny's mom) wanted him to be a priest. He wanted to play basketball. But basketball didn't bring in bread, boxing did.

Simon - "How much?" (asking how much Pacquiao made when he started boxing)

Pacquiao - "100 pesos."

Simon - "100 pesos?"

Pacquiao - "Which is equivalent to 2 dollars."

Simon - "2 dollars to box?"

Pacquiao - "Yes" (laughing)

Simon - "And what are you making now?"

Pacquiao - (laughing) "Huh? Millions haha" (laughing)

On when trainer Freddie Roach realized Pacquiao was special:

Simon - "When did you realize that Manny was more than a really good boxer, that he was going to be a champion?"

Roach - "You know that first round really told me something." (Referring to the first time he did mitts with Manny)

Simon - "Already, the first round?"

Roach - "Because I never saw somebody with so much explosion on a punch. Bang! Bang! Bang! He was just like a gun firing off, and I never saw that all my life. And I've been with a lot of good fighters." (28 World Champions)

TRIVIA: Can you name the other 27 world champions Roach has handled? I'll give you a few: Mike Tyson, Gerry Penalosa, James Toney and Ana Julaton are some of them.

On Pacquiao's popularity in the Philippines:

Arum - There is nobody.. In the Philippines, nobody, who is not watching Manny Pacquiao fight and there must be blind Filipinos and they are listening.

In closing, Simon asked Pacquiao the money question:

Simon - "Who do you think is the greatest boxer ever?"

(pause)

Pacquiao - "Including me?"

Simon - "Including you..."

Pacquiao - "Of course me." (smiling)

Last edited by ThunderWolf; 11-08-2010 at 04:49 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-08-2010, 04:51 AM
DR.ORGYY
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 23 DR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,802,895,067.12
birthday parallelogram - Jack Napier leader of the Pac clan...goosebumps... - Erik13 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - QUELOQUE AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. 

war pac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 05:59 AM
MaD vEiN
Some Kind Of Monster

Rep Power: 33 MaD vEiN has a reputation beyond reputeMaD vEiN has a reputation beyond reputeMaD vEiN has a reputation beyond reputeMaD vEiN has a reputation beyond reputeMaD vEiN has a reputation beyond reputeMaD vEiN has a reputation beyond reputeMaD vEiN has a reputation beyond reputeMaD vEiN has a reputation beyond reputeMaD vEiN has a reputation beyond reputeMaD vEiN has a reputation beyond reputeMaD vEiN has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 53,313,921,220,257.23
Total Points: 53,313,921,424,391.53
gift pare, apple sakin - pacman777 Superman for you - JM1 pareko eto na ung superman. ako naman. - jhacen yan na logo mo - yeks keep up the pacmania... - pacman777 
Have a piece of cake homey - mangler Don't be scared homey, Jason luvs you lol - mangler Have some fish, its good for you ; ) - Roy O'Bannon san miguel - Champ Kind Here homey. You need more food - mangler 
good thread at the thunderdome - peyk-peyk No Message - Talisayen food pre - Jack Napier para sa superman pre. - peyk-peyk parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier 
:) - *Boss Lady* Thank you! :kiss: - Bossy san miguel - Left Hook Tua mai thai - Left Hook Tua Red horse pre para lasheng agad. - led* 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Mr._Pink Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - mangler Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Mr._Pink Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 

no facebook? no twitter? nah................
Old 11-08-2010, 06:27 AM
Dandiez1
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 Dandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 205,497.23

That was amazing publicity for the fight. The biggest 60 minutes of the year had pacquiao on it period. So many people that don't watch boxing called me about now being interested in the fight. This brings ppv buys up to 1.2 million buys.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:30 AM
ThunderWolf
WildCard

Rep Power: 13 ThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,634,891,028.10
Total Points: 11,634,980,752.50
beer pare - Makavelli 
Send a message via ICQ to ThunderWolf Send a message via AIM to ThunderWolf Send a message via MSN to ThunderWolf Send a message via Yahoo to ThunderWolf Send a message via Skype™ to ThunderWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandiez1 View Post
That was amazing publicity for the fight. The biggest 60 minutes of the year had pacquiao on it period. So many people that don't watch boxing called me about now being interested in the fight. This brings ppv buys up to 1.2 million buys.
And this was after the Obama segment.

I think that if in fact Pac-Margo was not properly or fully promoted, it may have been to save up for this 60-minutes, lol.

BTW, did Floyd call you up too?

Last edited by ThunderWolf; 11-08-2010 at 06:32 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Dandiez1
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 Dandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these partsDandiez1 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 205,497.23

mayweather called and asked how does pac fight bigger men. 60 minutes was watched by 8 million viewers I am sure at least 300k have been turned to this fight now that didnt know about it. So the fight goes from 900k to 1.2 in my eyes. 60 minutes made the fight look bigger than it really is. No MMA fighter would ever make such an important show
Old 11-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Prime 407
Tiger uppercut!

Rep Power: 13 Prime 407 has a reputation beyond reputePrime 407 has a reputation beyond reputePrime 407 has a reputation beyond reputePrime 407 has a reputation beyond reputePrime 407 has a reputation beyond reputePrime 407 has a reputation beyond reputePrime 407 has a reputation beyond reputePrime 407 has a reputation beyond reputePrime 407 has a reputation beyond reputePrime 407 has a reputation beyond reputePrime 407 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 103,580,019,331.70
Total Points: 113,580,044,991.53
well deserved - HaglerSteelChin you're a complete joke - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

woooooo can't wait for the fight!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Chups
KKK Supremo

Rep Power: 21539 Chups has a reputation beyond reputeChups has a reputation beyond reputeChups has a reputation beyond reputeChups has a reputation beyond reputeChups has a reputation beyond reputeChups has a reputation beyond reputeChups has a reputation beyond reputeChups has a reputation beyond reputeChups has a reputation beyond reputeChups has a reputation beyond reputeChups has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 408,771,126,453,173.12
Total Points: 408,776,205,562,269.75
Blue parallelogram :D - Chadmack Kryptonite-proof - led para sa iyo supremo  :D - Talisayen No Message - Talisayen cheers - lebrick 
*mwah* - led Merry Christmas Chups - TBear 26k post medal! - Flab gift giving time to friends - guardian Birthday best wishes - TBear 
Happy Birthday!!! - BABYBOXER Happy birthday! - led wtf... lol - horge meryenda bossing - KING MEAT My brother Chups, you must educate the flomo's on numbers! - Uns 
cxhups is a boss plain and simple no question - Neutral Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy holidays bro! - led* A good guy. - Augustane A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Kevin Jesus Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jazluvr449 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jazluvr449 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr449 Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Akinapepemo Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - -Ash- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - -Kevin- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - lastikman Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Autism - Lorily Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Talisayen Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - peyk-peyk Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mohammedini 
Send a message via Yahoo to Chups

How did 60 minutes get a hold of Pacquiao when he has no facebook????

or Twitter.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:03 AM
NesNY
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 NesNY has a reputation beyond reputeNesNY has a reputation beyond reputeNesNY has a reputation beyond reputeNesNY has a reputation beyond reputeNesNY has a reputation beyond reputeNesNY has a reputation beyond reputeNesNY has a reputation beyond reputeNesNY has a reputation beyond reputeNesNY has a reputation beyond reputeNesNY has a reputation beyond reputeNesNY has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 81,993.66
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Slick Ric 

Oh sh**. Manny moving up to network tv.
I mean ustream, Twitter, and FB are cool, too, I guess.

Emmanuel "Money" Pacquiao.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:04 AM
infamous larryx
Banned

Rep Power: 0 infamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond reputeinfamous larryx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 110,505,084.13
Total Points: 110,943,167.72
Keep your head up! Better days are coming. - California Love happy bithday homie - Tha_Greatest money money money....MONEY! - Gorilla Dogs have a beer - -pound4pound- Have a bigmac - Grand Champ 
Badass Mayweather Fan - Stones! Great Cotto vid you posted! - jazluvr get wasted tonight - led 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - deanrw Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 

148???????