Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Tiozzo
Banned

Bank: 151,374,525.33
Total Points: 253,543,817.46
for knowing your stuff and schooling newbies around here - Alx. 
Angry Time to give Corrie Sanders his props for the Wlad win

I'm so fed up with the excuses.

Since the usual excuses people give for the Brewster and Puritty losses cannot apply to the Sanders loss, a lot of you emphatically say ''oh, it happened a long time ago, oh, Wlad has gotten better, oh, he would now beat the same Sanders''.

So what if Wlad is better now ? Joe Louis got better after losing to Schmelling, but that doesn't mean Schmelling doesn't deserve credit for beating Louis. The ''it was a long time ago'' is a ****ed up denial logic. I've never seen any Klitschko fan give his due credit to Sanders for the win.

And there is still no indication that Wlad would do better now against the same Sanders than he did back then. Being more careful and defense minded, it would be harder for Sanders to counter him, but still, Sanders posed many more problems, and it's hard to judge whether Wlad would now be able to deal with them or not.

Maybe Wlad has trouble with good southpaws ? No. He shut out Chris Byrd to win the title he lost to Sanders, although he didn't engage Ibragimov. Why ? Because just like Sanders, Sultan was looking to counter. But he didn't have the reach, the height, and he couldn't nullify Wlad's jab like Sanders did. Wlad basically won the Ibragimov fight using his jab.

People don't seem to realize Sanders had Wlad's number from the get go. He nullified all that Wlad usually did with great success. Sanders nullified Wlad's jab, one of the best in history. That alone should not be overlooked. By nullifying the jab, he forced Wlad to commit himself more with power punches and shorter distance. That is also why Wlad tried some lead left hooks in the first round.

Wlad was trying to get to Sanders, but he couldn't. Sanders shut down Wlad's offense with his movement, his tall southpaw stance and his counterpunching. You should also notice how Wlad never found a solution for Sanders straight left hand down the middle. Once Sanders landed his first flush counter straight left, the fight was virtually over.

Truth is, Sanders trashed Wladimir K. Not a green Wlad like some of you like to pretend because it fits your denial agenda. NO. He trashed Wladimir the WBO belt holder who was making his 6th defense of the title, who was on a sixteen fights winning streak since a TKO gas loss to Puritty, who had already beaten the likes of Mercer, McCline, Botha, Byrd, Barrett, Schulz.

So it is time for you to give Sanders his props for a great win against a great fighter. That credit is long overdue. Nobody has ever beaten Wlad like Sanders did.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-26-2010, 11:50 AM
ghost deini
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 ghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond reputeghost deini has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,121,251.78

well said man

why do you think he only dispenses with the jab all the time he is still in the darkest crevice of his mind conscious of punching himself out and getting knocked because of it (we know about his glass jaw already)

i must say wlad has become a more complete fighter since working with Manny Steward but still you shouldn't have to scream at your fighter to be more exciting and go for knockouts when you clearly have a dead man infront of you like wlad does most times that shows me that mentally he never recovered from those losses

he has managed to bounce back extremely well though to give credit where it's due
Old 10-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Clyde Barrow
King of the Castle

Rep Power: 28 Clyde Barrow has a reputation beyond reputeClyde Barrow has a reputation beyond reputeClyde Barrow has a reputation beyond reputeClyde Barrow has a reputation beyond reputeClyde Barrow has a reputation beyond reputeClyde Barrow has a reputation beyond reputeClyde Barrow has a reputation beyond reputeClyde Barrow has a reputation beyond reputeClyde Barrow has a reputation beyond reputeClyde Barrow has a reputation beyond reputeClyde Barrow has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,149,691,683.95
Total Points: 18,149,702,655.45
A Sony 72in  plasma HDTV for you Clyde - Tek My Pounches Great forum member award! Heh... - jazluvr449 No Message - MARKBNLV enjoy - Marcov have one on me - TBear 
More beer Clyde - MANGLER beer - -JAWS- cocktail hour - MANGLER have some wine Clyde - MANGLER more drank - MANGLER 
enjoy - TBear beer 4 clyde - Old Coward another round - TBear thread - D.I.E.S.E.L have a blue parallelogram Clyde - Jack Napier 
lets get wasted - led BURRRRRRRRRR - Natedatpkid 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Lionel. AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Autism - -veteran420- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -JAWS- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - -veteran420- Autism - -veteran420- Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - -veteran420- Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - aye, cunts 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -veteran420- Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - aye, cunts Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - aye, cunts Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - -veteran420- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - aye, cunts Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - -veteran420- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Raider Monkz Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Izrock 

The time to give Corrie Sanders his props for the Wlad win was 7 1/2 years ago. And everybody did.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:41 PM
scap
Boxingscene's Bitch

Rep Power: 45 scap has a reputation beyond reputescap has a reputation beyond reputescap has a reputation beyond reputescap has a reputation beyond reputescap has a reputation beyond reputescap has a reputation beyond reputescap has a reputation beyond reputescap has a reputation beyond reputescap has a reputation beyond reputescap has a reputation beyond reputescap has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 120,592.79

The poster is right Sanders was all wrong for Wlad and I think he would have been all wrong for him regardless of when they fought.

I ran into Manny Steward 4-5 years ago and I asked Steward if he kept Wlad away from Cory and he said very politically that a guy like Sanders is always going to cause a guy like Wladimir problems. I said to Steward-he'd knock Wlad out again wouldnt he...and Manny said the same thing-he would cause some problems.

Even an out of shape Sanders managed to crack VK a few times (VK was not as hurt as some like to think-stunned but not hurt)...if he cracked Wlad with those same shots I think we all know what would have happened...

There was a reason big bro took care of Sanders.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Jakutindi Wauya
sucks floyd's clinkers

Bank: 281,252,606.79
Total Points: 286,575,857.79
you can pretend it's Lennox Lewis - Freedom. walking negative stereotype - thuggery 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - alexpz Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeTombeur View Post
I'm so fed up with the excuses.

Since the usual excuses people give for the Brewster and Puritty losses cannot apply to the Sanders loss, a lot of you emphatically say ''oh, it happened a long time ago, oh, Wlad has gotten better, oh, he would now beat the same Sanders''.

So what if Wlad is better now ? Joe Louis got better after losing to Schmelling, but that doesn't mean Schmelling doesn't deserve credit for beating Louis. The ''it was a long time ago'' is a ****ed up denial logic. I've never seen any Klitschko fan give his due credit to Sanders for the win.

And there is still no indication that Wlad would do better now against the same Sanders than he did back then. Being more careful and defense minded, it would be harder for Sanders to counter him, but still, Sanders posed many more problems, and it's hard to judge whether Wlad would now be able to deal with them or not.

Maybe Wlad has trouble with good southpaws ? No. He shut out Chris Byrd to win the title he lost to Sanders, although he didn't engage Ibragimov. Why ? Because just like Sanders, Sultan was looking to counter. But he didn't have the reach, the height, and he couldn't nullify Wlad's jab like Sanders did. Wlad basically won the Ibragimov fight using his jab.

People don't seem to realize Sanders had Wlad's number from the get go. He nullified all that Wlad usually did with great success. Sanders nullified Wlad's jab, one of the best in history. That alone should not be overlooked. By nullifying the jab, he forced Wlad to commit himself more with power punches and shorter distance. That is also why Wlad tried some lead left hooks in the first round.

Wlad was trying to get to Sanders, but he couldn't. Sanders shut down Wlad's offense with his movement, his tall southpaw stance and his counterpunching. You should also notice how Wlad never found a solution for Sanders straight left hand down the middle. Once Sanders landed his first flush counter straight left, the fight was virtually over.

Truth is, Sanders trashed Wladimir K. Not a green Wlad like some of you like to pretend because it fits your denial agenda. NO. He trashed Wladimir the WBO belt holder who was making his 6th defense of the title, who was on a sixteen fights winning streak since a TKO gas loss to Puritty, who had already beaten the likes of Mercer, McCline, Botha, Byrd, Barrett, Schulz.

So it is time for you to give Sanders his props for a great win against a great fighter. That credit is long overdue. Nobody has ever beaten Wlad like Sanders did.
Sanders was a good boxer and very fast.Vladmir only beat Sanders because Sanders was old by then and his stamina was gone.Wladmir and his brother are not good fighters,they just happen to be there at a time when there are no good fighters.These two wouldnt have survived the 90s when Sanders was fighting,Lewis,Tyson,Holyfield,Bowe and all those fighters.Watch any of the great fighters fighting,they have fluidity which shows expertise in their craft,not Vlad and his brother.Nowadays these guys are just fat chunks of cheese
Old 10-26-2010, 01:18 PM
-PANDA-
..Playa by Nature..

Rep Power: 26 -PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 37,361,546,085,875.18
Total Points: 37,377,048,881,969.18
a panda always wins - Tha_Greatest SuperPANDA is a playa fa sho!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! i enjoy ur posts - led have a beer on me - led Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear 

well...

he does deserve it
Old 10-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Spray_resistant
Probably Top 10 In my Era

Rep Power: 107 Spray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,454,867,006.30
Total Points: 6,030,611,446,258.67
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest for you and vanity to use - Hi-Dro 
Whoreville Appreciation Award - Jack Napier for a friend - xi! one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays to you are your gorgeous missus. x x x - *Boss Lady* Happy New Year - Freedom. 
No Message - Tha_Greatest Blue parallelogram 4 u sir - Russian Crushin Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy holidays bro! - led* valuable addition to the training forum - jas 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Send a message via AIM to Spray_resistant

He gets plenty of credit for that win, he won by early tko.....no argument there.

Wlad is better now and that is a fact, whether the current version of him would beat Sanders is all speculation but fighting in a more cautious manner would increase his chances.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Hitman932
I LOVE Euro Fighters!!

Rep Power: 87 Hitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,492,677,624,670.51
Total Points: 1,492,686,549,046.32
sneak this in - mgkirkpatrick Cheers - squealpiggy For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan Lickle Ricky is thankful for the fight. - OASIS_LAD Karoly Balzsay - Tunney 
Cheers to the unban you racist polack! - Mizzou on the money bro! - MELLY-MEL... happy birthday hitman! - Makavelli Amir Khan is better than the cowardly Zsolt Erdei - Freedom. To cheer you up after TT's loss, I know you chaps enjoy these! - The Weebler I 
Great breakdown of those boxing crooks - hectari 

I think it's time to give Golovkin credit for KTFO of Bute with headgear on.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Hitman932
I LOVE Euro Fighters!!

Rep Power: 87 Hitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,492,677,624,670.51
Total Points: 1,492,686,549,046.32
sneak this in - mgkirkpatrick Cheers - squealpiggy For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan Lickle Ricky is thankful for the fight. - OASIS_LAD Karoly Balzsay - Tunney 
Cheers to the unban you racist polack! - Mizzou on the money bro! - MELLY-MEL... happy birthday hitman! - Makavelli Amir Khan is better than the cowardly Zsolt Erdei - Freedom. To cheer you up after TT's loss, I know you chaps enjoy these! - The Weebler I 
Great breakdown of those boxing crooks - hectari 

And some credit for Andrade for KTFO of glass chinned Bute:

Old 10-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Tiozzo
Banned

Bank: 151,374,525.33
Total Points: 253,543,817.46
for knowing your stuff and schooling newbies around here - Alx. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Barrow View Post
The time to give Corrie Sanders his props for the Wlad win was 7 1/2 years ago. And everybody did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spray_resistant View Post
He gets plenty of credit for that win, he won by early tko.....no argument there.

Wlad is better now and that is a fact, whether the current version of him would beat Sanders is all speculation but fighting in a more cautious manner would increase his chances.
really ? he doesn't get much credit nowadays on these boards, that's for sure