Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: Should they change the voting age to 30, that way ignorant little children don't vote
Yes, we must stop the ignorant college students from voting 1 33.33%
No, I like that college students don't think for themselves and listen to their liberal professors 1 33.33%
Not sure 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
#11
Old 10-22-2010, 02:12 AM
LOLORSKATES
Finish The Fight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kentucky
Age: 22
Posts: 14,496
Rep Power: 5902 LOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 3,068,625.69
Bank: 356,857.78
Total Points: 3,425,483.47
Great post, man. I'm still laughing. Good shit. - sweet pea 50 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOLLOCKS Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - DorianWozniacki 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze778 View Post
I said nothing about age limits and I think TS is an idiot for making this thread.

Call me whatever you want, I'm just trying make another point worth considering.

18 is a good age to vote, I just think a basic civics test for all ages is worth considering.
Blaze I knew you were going to respond to my post, but what I said wasn't directed to you . It was directed to more of the bigotry type (I honestly didn't read your post before mine but I could just imagine you're more of a conservative than anything else.) conservative.

They pose as bigots solely to piss the regulars off.

Besides you gave me green k regarding posters that should retire..& he wasn't even a poster if I remember correctly.

tehe



I do understand to a certain extent where certain people shouldn't vote. Solely due because they'll simply vote for the color of their skin cough cough obama or just something that somehow impacts them as in marijuana becoming legal or something to that effect.
Reply With Quote
LOLORSKATES is offline
#12
Old 10-22-2010, 02:20 AM
blaze778
Lizard King
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Southern Cali
Age: 32
Posts: 6,047
Rep Power: 20 blaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 37,460.88
Bank: 5,303,861,962.35
Total Points: 5,303,899,423.22
Your first gift homey - Natedatpkid rock - TredKiller for the munchies. - Big Smoke two blunts=two subways homie! - Big Smoke Here you go homie. - Big Smoke 
for being a cool poster! - led No Message - Russian Crushin Get wasted - Russian Crushin Gotta eat the pie-ALWAYS!! - Russian Crushin get wasted lol - led 
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Thanks - jazluvr Fattin up your gifts Playa - The Gully Gad you seem rational again. get wasted! - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Cheers bro! - led cheers bra, cheers - TredKiller BURRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid cheers! - sweetpea87 Thank you that was very generous of you :) - dancovboxer 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hard Dick 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLORSKATES View Post
Blaze I knew you were going to respond to my post, but what I said wasn't directed to you . It was directed to more of the bigotry type (I honestly didn't read your post before mine but I could just imagine you're more of a conservative than anything else.) conservative.

They pose as bigots solely to piss the regulars off.

Besides you gave me green k regarding posters that should retire..& he wasn't even a poster if I remember correctly.

tehe



I do understand to a certain extent where certain people shouldn't vote. Solely due because they'll simply vote for the color of their skin cough cough obama or just something that somehow impacts them as in marijuana becoming legal or something to that effect.
I hear you man. I made that post in response to the other guy and saw your post right after mine, so I assumed you were talking to me. lol

I didn't get pissed because I remember the conversation and green k you gave me the other night. So I know your cool, maybe just a misunderstanding.

I am conservative on certain issues, but I am actually more of a liberal than anything. I am no bigot or troll, I just like to hear opinions without getting into some flame war between posters.
Reply With Quote
blaze778 is offline
#13
Old 10-22-2010, 02:25 AM
LOLORSKATES
Finish The Fight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kentucky
Age: 22
Posts: 14,496
Rep Power: 5902 LOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 3,068,625.69
Bank: 356,857.78
Total Points: 3,425,483.47
Great post, man. I'm still laughing. Good shit. - sweet pea 50 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOLLOCKS Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - DorianWozniacki 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze778 View Post
I hear you man. I made that post in response to the other guy and saw your post right after mine, so I assumed you were talking to me. lol

I didn't get pissed because I remember the conversation and green k you gave me the other night. So I know your cool, maybe just a misunderstanding.

I am conservative on certain issues, but I am actually more of a liberal than anything. I am no bigot or troll, I just like to hear opinions without getting into some flame war between posters.
It's wishful thinking to go to an online forum and avoid a flame war..unless you go to lucasforums (stars wars **** - dont ask don't tell )

As I've said before I've never voted and probably won't for a while, but the only thing I see valid in helping myself is a conservative in office . Solely due to them being headstrong with military & who knows they may badger the branches (particularly the USMC) into being more lenient on **** so Americans can enlist.

That's the only time I see myself hoping for a Republican . Politics are beyond me now . I may have aspired to lead at one point, but I'd rather lead with the knowledge I've been taught rather than knowing who's who.

& Your avatar (whatever the jargon is now) is rather gnarly...looks like a Predator got ahold of a foe he deemed worthy to skin, but not worthy enough to rip with the spinal cord & skull from .

<------- scifi-ish person over sch'nere.

Reply With Quote
LOLORSKATES is offline
#14
Old 10-22-2010, 02:38 AM
blaze778
Lizard King
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Southern Cali
Age: 32
Posts: 6,047
Rep Power: 20 blaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 37,460.88
Bank: 5,303,861,962.35
Total Points: 5,303,899,423.22
Your first gift homey - Natedatpkid rock - TredKiller for the munchies. - Big Smoke two blunts=two subways homie! - Big Smoke Here you go homie. - Big Smoke 
for being a cool poster! - led No Message - Russian Crushin Get wasted - Russian Crushin Gotta eat the pie-ALWAYS!! - Russian Crushin get wasted lol - led 
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Thanks - jazluvr Fattin up your gifts Playa - The Gully Gad you seem rational again. get wasted! - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Cheers bro! - led cheers bra, cheers - TredKiller BURRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid cheers! - sweetpea87 Thank you that was very generous of you :) - dancovboxer 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hard Dick 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLORSKATES View Post
It's wishful thinking to go to an online forum and avoid a flame war..unless you go to lucasforums (stars wars **** - dont ask don't tell )

As I've said before I've never voted and probably won't for a while, but the only thing I see valid in helping myself is a conservative in office . Solely due to them being headstrong with military & who knows they may badger the branches (particularly the USMC) into being more lenient on **** so Americans can enlist.

That's the only time I see myself hoping for a Republican . Politics are beyond me now . I may have aspired to lead at one point, but I'd rather lead with the knowledge I've been taught rather than knowing who's who.

& Your avatar (whatever the jargon is now) is rather gnarly...looks like a Predator got ahold of a foe he deemed worthy to skin, but not worthy enough to rip with the spinal cord & skull from .

<------- scifi-ish person over sch'nere.

Flame wars are almost impossible to avoid. But online, I try to act the way I would in real life. No one just calls anyone a faggot out of nowhere in real life, lol. I am actually nicer online than in real life most of the time.

Politics are a pain, that's why I try to avoid online debates, because it gets so heated there's no constructive arguing, just ego battles that get personal.

It's hard enough debating boxing online. lmao

The avatar is from Hellraiser. Classic movie.
Reply With Quote
blaze778 is offline
#15
Old 10-22-2010, 02:42 AM
LOLORSKATES
Finish The Fight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kentucky
Age: 22
Posts: 14,496
Rep Power: 5902 LOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 3,068,625.69
Bank: 356,857.78
Total Points: 3,425,483.47
Great post, man. I'm still laughing. Good shit. - sweet pea 50 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOLLOCKS Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - DorianWozniacki 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze778 View Post
Flame wars are almost impossible to avoid. But online, I try to act the way I would in real life. No one just calls anyone a faggot out of nowhere in real life, lol. I am actually nicer online than in real life most of the time.

Politics are a pain, that's why I try to avoid online debates, because it gets so heated there's no constructive arguing, just ego battles that get personal.

It's hard enough debating boxing online. lmao

The avatar is from Hellraiser. Classic movie.
I look at political debates the same as the commercials vouching for a certain candidate - mudslinging & nothing else.

Is Hellraiser where Pinhead is from ?

I only saw like the beginning of one movie and that was forever ago.
Reply With Quote
LOLORSKATES is offline
#16
Old 10-22-2010, 02:46 AM
blaze778
Lizard King
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Southern Cali
Age: 32
Posts: 6,047
Rep Power: 20 blaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 37,460.88
Bank: 5,303,861,962.35
Total Points: 5,303,899,423.22
Your first gift homey - Natedatpkid rock - TredKiller for the munchies. - Big Smoke two blunts=two subways homie! - Big Smoke Here you go homie. - Big Smoke 
for being a cool poster! - led No Message - Russian Crushin Get wasted - Russian Crushin Gotta eat the pie-ALWAYS!! - Russian Crushin get wasted lol - led 
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Thanks - jazluvr Fattin up your gifts Playa - The Gully Gad you seem rational again. get wasted! - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Cheers bro! - led cheers bra, cheers - TredKiller BURRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid cheers! - sweetpea87 Thank you that was very generous of you :) - dancovboxer 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hard Dick 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLORSKATES View Post
I look at political debates the same as the commercials vouching for a certain candidate - mudslinging & nothing else.

Is Hellraiser where Pinhead is from ?

I only saw like the beginning of one movie and that was forever ago.
My history teacher told us the same about debates. That's why college professors are so cynical, in a funny way.

Yeah, Pinhead is from Hellraiser.

Part 1 and 2 are the best. 3 is pretty good, the rest were so-so or totally sucked.
Reply With Quote
blaze778 is offline
#17
Old 10-22-2010, 02:51 AM
Spartacus Sully
The Great John L.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,875
Rep Power: 29 Spartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 94,657.86
Bank: 26,300,421,120.34
Total Points: 26,300,515,778.20
u da man .... thx 4 da castillo corrales cap - -Boxzilla- king of da 720p thread ... - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- 
Castillo Correles 720p...yeeaaa - Training4all 26 Gb!!...wow!!..nice work bro!! - Training4all ur good people ylem ... 720p homey - -Boxzilla- For setting Piggy straight, good stuff - Cuauhtémoc1502 Top top poster - rorymac 
Cheers! - Uncle Howie lite beer ... rookie! :D lol - I ♥ RVP demonoid - ƒallenloki Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 
Here's a lolli for EASTER :) - Bossy 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze778 View Post
I was using college students as the example because like you said, they should more than likely have more political knowledge than the general population but doesn't change the fact college students, or many Americans in general don't know have basic knowledge of history or government.



71% of Americans failed the civics knowledge test;
51% of Americans could not name the three branches of government;
The average score for college seniors on the civics knowledge test was 54.2% (an ***8220;F***8221; by any standard);
The average student***8217;s test score improved only 3.8 points from freshman to senior year;
Freshmen at Cornell, Yale, Princeton, and Duke scored better than seniors on the civics knowledge test.
79% of elected officials that took the civics knowledge quiz did not know the Bill of Rights expressly prohibits the government from establishing a religion.
30% of office holders did not know that ***8220;life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness***8221; are the inalienable rights referred to in the Declaration of Independence.
27% of politicians could not name even one right or freedom guaranteed by the First Amendment.
43% did not know the purpose of the Electoral College.
39% of lawmakers believe the power of declaring war belongs to the president.
The average score for college professors who took the civics knowledge quiz was 55%.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index....ic-civics-test
thats a hard test with alot of tricky questions made to confuse you.

like the debates between lincol and douglas were about

a. slavery
b. the morality of slaver
c. the expansion of slavery
d. the education of slaves

there was like 7 different debates and they pretty much touched on all of that. but no.....the answer is the expansion of slavery that they debated.....

and i bet half the people here thought i was talking about Fredric Douglas....

really who even cares about Stephen Douglas.....

still passed just barely with a 67%
Reply With Quote
Spartacus Sully is offline
#18
Old 10-22-2010, 03:10 AM
blaze778
Lizard King
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Southern Cali
Age: 32
Posts: 6,047
Rep Power: 20 blaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 37,460.88
Bank: 5,303,861,962.35
Total Points: 5,303,899,423.22
Your first gift homey - Natedatpkid rock - TredKiller for the munchies. - Big Smoke two blunts=two subways homie! - Big Smoke Here you go homie. - Big Smoke 
for being a cool poster! - led No Message - Russian Crushin Get wasted - Russian Crushin Gotta eat the pie-ALWAYS!! - Russian Crushin get wasted lol - led 
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Thanks - jazluvr Fattin up your gifts Playa - The Gully Gad you seem rational again. get wasted! - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Cheers bro! - led cheers bra, cheers - TredKiller BURRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid cheers! - sweetpea87 Thank you that was very generous of you :) - dancovboxer 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hard Dick 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
thats a hard test with alot of tricky questions made to confuse you.

like the debates between lincol and douglas were about

a. slavery
b. the morality of slaver
c. the expansion of slavery
d. the education of slaves

there was like 7 different debates and they pretty much touched on all of that. but no.....the answer is the expansion of slavery that they debated.....

and i bet half the people here thought i was talking about Fredric Douglas....

really who even cares about Stephen Douglas.....

still passed just barely with a 67%
Yeah, some are a little tricky. Passing is passing.

67% is good. Average citizen scored only 49 and college educators scored 55.

I got 72, and I just took a Poly Sci class last semester.

But I was in hurry, because I wanted to respond to your post quickly, lol.
Reply With Quote
blaze778 is offline
#19
Old 10-22-2010, 03:13 AM
Spartacus Sully
The Great John L.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,875
Rep Power: 29 Spartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond reputeSpartacus Sully has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 94,657.86
Bank: 26,300,421,120.34
Total Points: 26,300,515,778.20
u da man .... thx 4 da castillo corrales cap - -Boxzilla- king of da 720p thread ... - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- No Message - -Boxzilla- 
Castillo Correles 720p...yeeaaa - Training4all 26 Gb!!...wow!!..nice work bro!! - Training4all ur good people ylem ... 720p homey - -Boxzilla- For setting Piggy straight, good stuff - Cuauhtémoc1502 Top top poster - rorymac 
Cheers! - Uncle Howie lite beer ... rookie! :D lol - I ♥ RVP demonoid - ƒallenloki Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 
Here's a lolli for EASTER :) - Bossy 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze778 View Post
Yeah, some are a little tricky. Passing is passing.

67% is good. Average citizen scored only 49 and college educators scored 55.

I got 72, and I just took a Poly Sci class last semester.

But I was in hurry, because I wanted to respond to your post quickly, lol.
Ive been out of school for about 8 years, im happy with my 67.
Reply With Quote
Spartacus Sully is offline
#20
Old 10-22-2010, 03:19 AM
blaze778
Lizard King
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Southern Cali
Age: 32
Posts: 6,047
Rep Power: 20 blaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond reputeblaze778 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 37,460.88
Bank: 5,303,861,962.35
Total Points: 5,303,899,423.22
Your first gift homey - Natedatpkid rock - TredKiller for the munchies. - Big Smoke two blunts=two subways homie! - Big Smoke Here you go homie. - Big Smoke 
for being a cool poster! - led No Message - Russian Crushin Get wasted - Russian Crushin Gotta eat the pie-ALWAYS!! - Russian Crushin get wasted lol - led 
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Thanks - jazluvr Fattin up your gifts Playa - The Gully Gad you seem rational again. get wasted! - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Cheers bro! - led cheers bra, cheers - TredKiller BURRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid cheers! - sweetpea87 Thank you that was very generous of you :) - dancovboxer 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hard Dick 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
Ive been out of school for about 8 years, im happy with my 67.
Yeah, I guess were both smart enough to vote. lol

I said it would be an interesting idea for mandatory civics test for voters, but not a test as tricky as this one.

I saw one test that was much simpler and it was also used for a college study. Couldn't find it so I just posted that one.
Reply With Quote
blaze778 is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
change, children, don't, ignorant, vote, voting

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Fight Videos - Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.