A question for all God of War/Devil May Cry/Hack and Slash fans... - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Arcade Talk

Old 10-20-2010, 11:22 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
HandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,944,741,390,493,560.50
Total Points: 3,944,741,390,542,301.50
So you can watch Ducktales - danny711 For you bud. - Monkz 
Head and Neck Cancer - Big Smoke World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Big Smoke Autism - Lorily 
Default A question for all God of War/Devil May Cry/Hack and Slash fans...

You know I see a lot of folks (not tons, but enough) talk down on the God of War series, as if it stole the gameplay from Devil May Cry. Now keep in mind, I have played both series, and the simularities in gameplay are there.

Well my question is, out of all of the Hack and slash games I have played, and fans of that style I have talked to, none even seem to bring up Onimusha...

In my opinion, Onimusha started this whole hack and slash craze we see today. Coming out a whole 8 months before Devil May Cry, the sucking up of orbs (that is pretty much standard in games today) started with Ominusha. Though made by Capcom (the same folks that made Devil May Cry), Onimusha never seems to get it's shine (in respect to being a pioneer to the hack and slash games we see today)...

The graphics were great, the controls ever better, and the gameplay was unmatched (until Devil May Cry came out).

So my question is simple...Why is Onimusha never mention along the side of other great Hack and slash games?
HandSpeed303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-22-2010, 03:30 AM #2
The Transporter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Frank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Martin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 117,045.71
to start your collection bro - JM1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
You know I see a lot of folks (not tons, but enough) talk down on the God of War series, as if it stole the gameplay from Devil May Cry. Now keep in mind, I have played both series, and the simularities in gameplay are there.

Well my question is, out of all of the Hack and slash games I have played, and fans of that style I have talked to, none even seem to bring up Onimusha...

In my opinion, Onimusha started this whole hack and slash craze we see today. Coming out a whole 8 months before Devil May Cry, the sucking up of orbs (that is pretty much standard in games today) started with Ominusha. Though made by Capcom (the same folks that made Devil May Cry), Onimusha never seems to get it's shine (in respect to being a pioneer to the hack and slash games we see today)...

The graphics were great, the controls ever better, and the gameplay was unmatched (until Devil May Cry came out).

So my question is simple...Why is Onimusha never mention along the side of other great Hack and slash games?
Onimusha is more like Resident Evil in Samurai Era. Yes it has the hack-n-slash element found in those but it has the same mechanics as resident evil had. The static angles and even the controls. Characters don't collect orbs, or something to get.
Frank Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:58 AM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
HandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond reputeHandSpeed303 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,944,741,390,493,560.50
Total Points: 3,944,741,390,542,301.50
So you can watch Ducktales - danny711 For you bud. - Monkz 
Head and Neck Cancer - Big Smoke World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Big Smoke Autism - Lorily 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Martin View Post
Onimusha is more like Resident Evil in Samurai Era. Yes it has the hack-n-slash element found in those but it has the same mechanics as resident evil had. The static angles and even the controls. Characters don't collect orbs, or something to get.
Ummmm...Yes they do.

I do see your point about the RE mechanics though.
HandSpeed303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:45 AM #4
Knuckles Up

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Equilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,367,314,386,478.64
Total Points: 2,367,314,406,060.71
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo On Me! - Izrock I'm sick of the fangirls. You a real boxing fan bro - mangler 2k posts man - you are one of the very best on here - you need to post more - Dan... the point giver thanks thee for the incredible generosity - the point giver 
parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier early xmas present - jazluvr thread contribution and for after your wake and bake! - HUGH JASS 

I really enjoyed the Onimusha series, wish they would come out with a current gen game. It was pretty similar to those games but it had shades of resident evil and maybe the combat wasn't as deep.
Equilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
cry/hack, fans..., question, slash, war/devil

User Tag List