Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: Eric B. & Rakim- Follow the Leader
Eric B. & Rakim- Follow the Leader 0 0%
The Notorious B.I.G.- Ready to die 1 5.00%
Mobb Deep- The Infamous 3 15.00%
Nas- illimatic 14 70.00%
Eminem- Infinite 1 5.00%
Jay-Z- Reasonable Doubt 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2010, 08:28 PM
MACAQUEINBLACK
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond reputeMACAQUEINBLACK has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 66,523,126.86
Total Points: 66,598,747.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rabbit Punch- View Post
I like the Eminem who expressed his vivid and sick imagination through masterful rhyming and story telling. I always wanted him to go back to that style, but it's been so long I think it would sound too forced and fake.

As the World Turns

My Fault

Guilty Conscience

97' Bonnie & Clyde

Stan

Kim
Yeah, I'd just like to see him come to some kind of 'less is more' state.

I don't care what the stories are about, they can be mundane for all I care, he can even sit on the porch and write rhymes about getting older and going to Homebase on a Sunday, I just want him to tell stories again.

Make an Eminem album that doesn't feel like it's trying to live up to being an event. Deflate the event.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Rabbit ♠
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Rabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,664,449,017.65
Total Points: 11,669,542,460.54
Be Joyful - Gift Giver A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Thought you would enjoy it. - S~T~J 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R O A ***9770; View Post
Yeah, I'd just like to see him come to some kind of 'less is more' state.

I don't care what the stories are about, they can be mundane for all I care, he can even sit on the porch and write rhymes about getting older and going to Homebase on a Sunday, I just want him to tell stories again.

Make an Eminem album that doesn't feel like it's trying to live up to being an event. Deflate the event.
Yep agree, the guys got monster talent and story telling to me is always the best way to show it off. Also, his delivery is the same on every song now when before it was so diverse. You'd get crazy, serious, angry, goofy, soft tone, stern tone, all in one album (sometimes in one song)... Now he's got the same delivery where he sounds bitter and angry on every song.

It seems it's been progressing like that since his debut. Every album had a more serious tone than the last. I really think it kinda clouds him and fucks up his creativity.

I also haven't really liked the production on his last few albums.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Libido Sanchez
American Me

Rep Power: 16 Libido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond reputeLibido Sanchez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 114,078,752,252.83
Total Points: 125,146,273,221.82
freddie was mexican...that had me rolling LOL - Makavelli finally allowin me to buy beer - Makavelli laker parade was dope - Makavelli 4 beers = 4 titles this decade - Makavelli Merry Christmas! - .::EyEKoNiK::. 
Be Joyful - Gift Giver For your libido - The Scientist Another, just for the lulz - The Scientist First chapter says approach them smoothly, handing them a rose is just what's needed. - SkillspayBills Second chapter says get them drunk and take them home. Why is this book only two chapters!?!?!? - SkillspayBills 
Hail to the Cameltoe Champ! - sigrab sip this wine - MANGLER You're a real man :D - -Jack- For the generous donation homie. - Big Smoke 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 

Eric B. & Rakim- Follow the Leader Lots of sentimental value for me, was listening to this when hip-hop was sorta kinda still new to me. Rakim was lethal on this and there was a lot of mystique surrounding this album for me.

The Notorious B.I.G.- Ready to die
- Great album no doubt, the younger version of Biggie sounding hungry and crazy as ****. The depressing ending though makes it hard for me to listen all the way through sometimes.

Mobb Deep- The Infamous - Incredible album (original version of "Temperature's Rising" was unbelievable but they couldn't clear the sample), but I think I prefer Hell On Earth more (even though that album is certainly depressing as f*ck too).

Nas- illmatic - Classic of course, but like it's been said a million times, it's too damn short. You count the intro and "Halftime" and the album is less than 30 minutes of new material. It's still enjoyable, but it's like an appetizer not a full course meal.

Eminem- Infinite - Em got so much better and this is just a demo.

Jay-Z- Reasonable Doubt - Impressive debut with some really great music but I don't know what it is about Jay-Z... when I'm listening to him I usually think he's great (when he's not switching up his flow unnecessarily), but when he's not rapping I'm not really interested in dude. Still, an outstanding record.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:08 PM
dj Ramos
Banned

Rep Power: 0 dj Ramos has a reputation beyond reputedj Ramos has a reputation beyond reputedj Ramos has a reputation beyond reputedj Ramos has a reputation beyond reputedj Ramos has a reputation beyond reputedj Ramos has a reputation beyond reputedj Ramos has a reputation beyond reputedj Ramos has a reputation beyond reputedj Ramos has a reputation beyond reputedj Ramos has a reputation beyond reputedj Ramos has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 589,057,099.66
Total Points: 599,150,270.62
4 - RunW/Knives 5 - RunW/Knives 6 - RunW/Knives 7 - RunW/Knives 8 - RunW/Knives 
9 - RunW/Knives 10 Blue Para for the Metro. - RunW/Knives Have this homo - Mr Punch Quality Poster and Hella Funny - Stones! Chea - Stones! 
TRUTH WARRIOR - Stones! Thirsty...? - ??? I feel a Tornado Coming!!!!! - Stones! to celebrate chicaritos goal - C.RONALDO Pretend this is your hero - jazluvr 
to the homie dj heart - Tha_Greatest Have a slice - SouthpawSwagger 11 - Gremlin. For Dj, use this to get ronaldo and fabregas drunk so then you can defile them both! BWAHAHAHAHA ;) - BritishBoxing92 practice is always good you know for what ;) - BritishBoxing92 
Childhood Cancer - Viciousz Gay and Lesbian Pride - RunW/Knives Gay and Lesbian Pride - RunW/Knives Gay and Lesbian Pride - RunW/Knives Gay and Lesbian Pride - RunW/Knives 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - RunW/Knives Gay and Lesbian Pride - RunW/Knives Gay and Lesbian Pride - RunW/Knives Gay and Lesbian Pride - RunW/Knives Gay and Lesbian Pride - RunW/Knives 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - RunW/Knives Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr Punch Gay and Lesbian Pride - INSECT Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - Spray_resistant Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Willy Wanker 
Send a message via AIM to dj Ramos

illimatic was the bomb such an amazing album, nas is the truth.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:17 AM
PEBBLES!
Banned

Bank: 185,677,884.59
Total Points: 1,277,337,485.00
welcome back - Freedom Fighter i just wanted to welcome you bakk with this gift and a nice big fukk u , lol, nyahahahahahaha, just playing, welcome bakk homie - Tha_Greatest welcome back buddy :) - Gorilla Dogs HALAL SUBWAY - DiLLiNGER one of the most enteratining and badass guys here - dj emz 
even though you are a deceitful baterd , lol, i cant hate you forever, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest stay up, my friend. - Willy Wanker merry xmas - Subtraction for the underrated stone roses!...long overdue - BritishBoxing92 Thanks for the downloads. - Barnburner 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest peace homie, lol, you made sully and demise your official bittches, lol, im off, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab 
happy holidays akh - dj emzz 
Childhood Cancer - dj emz 

Jay Z is an overrated hypejob.

The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory is better than anything Jay has ever done.

From the list above, I'd go with "Illmatic". I've heard that album in full dozens of times. Nas is a beast.