Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 10-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Bullrush
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 Bullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,376,489,420.31
Total Points: 4,456,544,312.17
Default winning headgear

just got my winning fg2900. while its amazing and all that im a little worried about the leather i wanna make sure it doesnt rip. i was watching 24/7 cotto vs pacman and cotto had a fg5000, before sparring he would put vaseline on the headgear. i do that with all my other gear too every once in a while just to make sure the leather doesnt crack. winning uses artificial leather im not sure if it makes a difference or not i assume not since cotto basically does the same thing with his headgear and he should know what helps and what doesnt when it comes to equipment

anyway how do you guys take care of your winning headgear?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-13-2010, 01:59 PM
*El Prieto*
Contender

Rep Power: 0 *El Prieto* is infamous around these parts*El Prieto* is infamous around these parts*El Prieto* is infamous around these parts*El Prieto* is infamous around these parts*El Prieto* is infamous around these parts*El Prieto* is infamous around these parts*El Prieto* is infamous around these parts*El Prieto* is infamous around these parts*El Prieto* is infamous around these parts*El Prieto* is infamous around these parts*El Prieto* is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 122,595.76

The Vaseline is more for helping with punches just like you'd put it on your face in a real fight. Winning is smart for the material they use on their headgear to be synthetic. It holds up much better that leather headgear because of this. You don't have to worry about it cracking anytime soon.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:18 AM
fdotorres
Banned

Rep Power: 0 fdotorres has a reputation beyond reputefdotorres has a reputation beyond reputefdotorres has a reputation beyond reputefdotorres has a reputation beyond reputefdotorres has a reputation beyond reputefdotorres has a reputation beyond reputefdotorres has a reputation beyond reputefdotorres has a reputation beyond reputefdotorres has a reputation beyond reputefdotorres has a reputation beyond reputefdotorres has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,055,760,579.08
Total Points: 1,055,781,211.27
Gay and Lesbian Pride - street bully Gay and Lesbian Pride - Jessica Alba 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullrush View Post
just got my winning fg2900. while its amazing and all that im a little worried about the leather i wanna make sure it doesnt rip. i was watching 24/7 cotto vs pacman and cotto had a fg5000, before sparring he would put vaseline on the headgear. i do that with all my other gear too every once in a while just to make sure the leather doesnt crack. winning uses artificial leather im not sure if it makes a difference or not i assume not since cotto basically does the same thing with his headgear and he should know what helps and what doesnt when it comes to equipment

anyway how do you guys take care of your winning headgear?
i use leather cleaner/conditioner sold on any automotive store, then wipe the excess with a moist towel

i have my winning gear in white and it still looks like new

BTW, didn't you dislike winning gear a few months ago?
Old 10-14-2010, 05:30 AM
Bullrush
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 Bullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond reputeBullrush has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,376,489,420.31
Total Points: 4,456,544,312.17

i got the fg2900 in white as well. thx ill try that

i didnt dislike winning gear i just felt it was overpriced and therefore made some comments about them. happy i went with the HG now bc it gave me different perspective on it
Old 10-15-2010, 07:16 AM
fdotorres
Banned

Rep Power: 0 fdotorres has a reputation beyond reputefdotorres has a reputation beyond reputefdotorres has a reputation beyond reputefdotorres has a reputation beyond reputefdotorres has a reputation beyond reputefdotorres has a reputation beyond reputefdotorres has a reputation beyond reputefdotorres has a reputation beyond reputefdotorres has a reputation beyond reputefdotorres has a reputation beyond reputefdotorres has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,055,760,579.08
Total Points: 1,055,781,211.27
Gay and Lesbian Pride - street bully Gay and Lesbian Pride - Jessica Alba 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullrush View Post
i got the fg2900 in white as well. thx ill try that

i didnt dislike winning gear i just felt it was overpriced and therefore made some comments about them. happy i went with the HG now bc it gave me different perspective on it
good for you man, i hope you enjoy it

for me it was the difference between getting and not getting a headache after a hard session of sparring, so i stuck to it

and yeah, the automotive products are great for any leather or leather like product. just clean it every 2-3 times you use it and don't forget to use a wet towel afterwards, so it doesn't bother you when you sweat