Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-11-2010, 05:08 AM
Who are you?
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Who are you? has a reputation beyond reputeWho are you? has a reputation beyond reputeWho are you? has a reputation beyond reputeWho are you? has a reputation beyond reputeWho are you? has a reputation beyond reputeWho are you? has a reputation beyond reputeWho are you? has a reputation beyond reputeWho are you? has a reputation beyond reputeWho are you? has a reputation beyond reputeWho are you? has a reputation beyond reputeWho are you? has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,660,481.36
one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Happy New year - Freedom. 
Default Platov VS Pulev

Ukrainian Oleh Platov, 29-1 (23 KO) faces Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev, 8-0 (5 KO) on October 30 in Rostock, Germany.

This fight has been 6 months in progress, and was originally scheduled to take place in June, then October 2, but after both those dates failed the bout is now set and seems good to go for October 30.

This is a very important fight, and really, the winner of this fight would belong to the best "prospects" in the HW division such as Denis Boytsov, Odlanier Solis, and Robert Helenius.

What are your thoughts and predictions on this fight?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-11-2010, 05:17 AM
Who are you?
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Who are you? has a reputation beyond reputeWho are you? has a reputation beyond reputeWho are you? has a reputation beyond reputeWho are you? has a reputation beyond reputeWho are you? has a reputation beyond reputeWho are you? has a reputation beyond reputeWho are you? has a reputation beyond reputeWho are you? has a reputation beyond reputeWho are you? has a reputation beyond reputeWho are you? has a reputation beyond reputeWho are you? has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,660,481.36
one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Happy New year - Freedom. 

Personally, Ive been studying youtube videos on both fighters. Ive literally spent hours watching footage of both boxers to predict this fight.

Here's my thoughts:

Platov is a bull, he fights like one. He is VERY aggressive, and he doesnt try to outbox anyone, his entire game is going for a KO. This guy is a serious pressure fighter. Its the only way he fights. He has decent power as well. I noticed his fight with Danny Williams, Platov started very strongly, but by round 3 seemed to tire himself out and by round 4, Williams staggered him and it seemed the tables had turned.

I do think had that fight continued, Williams probably would have won by stoppage in another round or two. I also think, that Platov has improved since that fight however, and I think it was a great learning experience for him. Platov is somewhat limited as a brawler, but he's got great heart, great killer instinct. He is by far the best fighter Pulev will ever fight so far.

Pulev has a huge amateur background (wins over Alexeev, Solis, Koeber, losses to Cammarelle, Solis etc). Pulev is a very calm, paced, relaxed fighter. He is not aggressive. He is almost anti-aggressive, and he seems content to hold his own ground. He is not a very active fighter, he does not punch often, and he does not seek a KO. Pulev tries counter punching, moving his head, feinting his hands. And he is very patient. He is pretty much the exact opposite as Platov.

The Fight

This is a very hard fight to predict. I wonder how Pulev will deal with Platov attacking him. Because so far, Pulev has never had to deal with a guy who tries to KO him. Platov is VERY VERY aggressive fighter and 100% goes for the KO with big punches. Quite frankly, Im not so sure that Pulev will be able to deal with that.

The fight is only 8 rounds, and you'd have to figure that would benefit Platov, because he did seem to tire in the Williams fight. Platov should start strong, so even if he fades down the stretch, Its only an 8 round fight.

Platov will be swinging for the fences, looking for a KO the entire fight. Pulev has the extensive amateur background, but this aint the amateurs. Pulev is not a very active fighter, and I question how he will win rounds against Platov. Pulev also doesnt seem to be that big of a puncher.

The more I think about this fight the more I like Platov's chances.

Also note that the fight is on a Sauerland card, and (someone correct if Im wrong) but Platov is a Sauerland fighter, and Pulev is not.

I think I like Platov. Pulev just looks so unspectacular everytime he fights. And he's not active or aggressive enough for my liking.

Last edited by Who are you?; 10-11-2010 at 05:20 AM.