Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 09-25-2010, 11:13 PM
shezada
Amateur

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 9,495.44
Default headache

is it normal to get a headache after sparring for the first time? i got hit alot and got a nose bleed, then later on after training was done i had abit of a headache at the back of ym head, and my neck is sore too. is it normal for a first timer in the ring ever?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Jewelz
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Jewelz has a reputation beyond reputeJewelz has a reputation beyond reputeJewelz has a reputation beyond reputeJewelz has a reputation beyond reputeJewelz has a reputation beyond reputeJewelz has a reputation beyond reputeJewelz has a reputation beyond reputeJewelz has a reputation beyond reputeJewelz has a reputation beyond reputeJewelz has a reputation beyond reputeJewelz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,340.00
Total Points: 110,011.56

Obviously you are a wimp. I would suggest you find another hobby.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:45 PM
Sugarj
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 Sugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,030,079,022.51
For being a cool poster - -IronMike- beer for a good poster - led Top Poster. - Barnburner Great info in the running thread. - Barnburner for the excellent race time (Its new running shoes!) - The Surgeon 
for invaluable advice in the training forum - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezada View Post
is it normal to get a headache after sparring for the first time? i got hit alot and got a nose bleed, then later on after training was done i had abit of a headache at the back of ym head, and my neck is sore too. is it normal for a first timer in the ring ever?

It is normal, so dont worry. Its very unlikely that you will have picked up a serious brain trauma after your first spar.

The headache is more than likely due to tension in the neck from absorbing blows (that it has never had to do before!). You, of course mention that your neck is sore too which half confirms this. Plus physical excertion without sufficient hydration can bring on some nasty headaches too. Plenty of newbies drink far too little fluids.

The more sparring you do, the better you will naturally get at avoiding/riding/blocking blows.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:48 PM
shezada
Amateur

Total Points: 9,495.44

^alright thanks man.yea the front of my neck is ****ing killling me, so it makes sense.i took a lot of shots. nothing too hard though.and it was only like 1 or 2 rounds i think.