No announcement yet.

Sparring Highlights !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring Highlights !

Every1 on here has been asking for a sparring video since i uploaded the training videos.

In this video im sparring a 190lb fighter who is 1-0

not bad man. Try using a bigger ring. looks like u were trying to outbox ur chubby friend , but he stood his ground. he actually put his hands up at times, unlike you. You can be a good counter puncher if u practice on using distance. but its hard with a 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 ring , lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lucci View Post
      not bad man. Try using a bigger ring. looks like u were trying to outbox ur chubby friend , but he stood his ground. he actually put his hands up at times, unlike you. You can be a good counter puncher if u practice on using distance. but its hard with a 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 ring , lol.
      the ring in my gym is small so when we get into a bigger ring it'll be heaven.

my hands were down cause i it confuses the hell outta him and he even admitted it

Comment

Originally posted by ALLBOXING247 View Post
        the ring in my gym is small so when we get into a bigger ring it'll be heaven.

my hands were down cause i it confuses the hell outta him and he even admitted it
        yeah , I see you have the edge on on speed athleticism and boxing overall. or so it looks.

but if u are trying to make it anywhere , you should practice those things.

instead of going back most of the times , take on step back and one to the left , and hit him with the left hook I saw u like to use it. You might practice in making it more compact , and youll actually hit harder.

But you got some good fundamentals. You are definetly on the right path. See a lot of potential. you got some pretty decent speed.

I dont know if you saw some vids of sturm training , it might have been you the one who posted it , lol , but what he does with the curl bar , will benefit you a lot. You got speed , but ur combos lack composure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lucci View Post
          yeah , I see you have the edge on on speed athleticism and boxing overall. or so it looks.

but if u are trying to make it anywhere , you should practice those things.

instead of going back most of the times , take on step back and one to the left , and hit him with the left hook I saw u like to use it. You might practice in making it more compact , and youll actually hit harder.

But you got some good fundamentals. You are definetly on the right path. See a lot of potential. you got some pretty decent speed.

I dont know if you saw some vids of sturm training , it might have been you the one who posted it , lol , but what he does with the curl bar , will benefit you a lot. You got speed , but ur combos lack composure.
          ofcourse-thats the whole point, upload these videos and just keep working on my mistakes, thanks for the feedback.

the combos lack composure 100% BUT because i didnt want to stand there and trade with some1 who wieghs about 70 pounds more then me

Comment

not sure who your friend is 1-0 against, becuz he is lol bad in the worst slappy way. with some serious moobs and the pink gloves aren't helping his cause...

you move ok and I see some decent things. form isn't bad, decent movement, exchanging...but you really need to get your hands up. you run into anyone 1/2 decent it will be exposed quickly. work on solid fundamental basics, of defense...ie high tight guard, elbows in tight. of offense, again basics jab, 1. 1,2. 1,2,3 etc. more pivoting, as opposed to just backing up. when a guy is moving forward into you as badly as he is, regardless of size difference, you can defend against that with a simple pivot, and score a few pts in the process as he flies right past you.

don't try to get too far a head of yourself with form. learn the basics and learn them well. good luck and keep working on it.
            Last edited by TheTruthIs; 09-25-2010, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTruthIs View Post
              not sure who your friend is 1-0 against, becuz he is lol bad in the worst slappy way. with some serious moobs and the pink gloves aren't helping his cause...

you move ok and I see some decent things. form isn't bad, decent movement, exchanging...but you really need to get your hands up. you run into anyone 1/2 decent it will be exposed quickly. work on solid fundamental basics, of defense...ie high tight guard, elbows in tight. of offense, again basics jab, 1. 1,2. 1,2,3 etc. more pivoting, as opposed to just backing up. when a guy is moving forward into you as badly as he is, regardless of size difference, you can defend against that with a simple pivot, and score a few pts in the process as flies right past you.

don't try to get too far a head of yourself with form. learn the basics and learn them well. good luck and keep working on it.
              This isnt my real sparring partner, so i had to change my whole style

thanks for the feedback though, ill work on it

Comment

you gotta keep your chin down, you raise it up when throwing your jab and along with that you throw your right hand to the side like Naseem Hamed did. Don't give me the "had to change my style he was bigger" crap either, not to be rude but just because he is bigger than you doesn't mean you can make amateur mistakes like that.

especially against bigger guys you should work on proper movement, power punching and speed. Don't move back and throw lousy shots, move to the sides, throw compact, quick and powerful punches and then continue moving. It is a small ring for sure but that should be no excuse, use it to your advantage on how to move quickly in the pocket, side to side.

Comment

that was as bad as any charlie z video ive seen.

Comment

I think the best advice I can give you is to try to work on your balance and move to the sides instead of going backwards because you might get caught one day so going backwards + off balance + punch = knockdown. I would also suggest to sit on your punches a little bit more if you want to have more pop. Also, sparing with someone who weighs more than you (and that dude doesn't look in such great shape to be honest) is easier to move around and look all fancy. You should spar with someone who is your size and in shape, or even big but at least in shape and moves around a little bit better.

Good stuff though.

Comment

Working...
                    X