Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz: "I'm tired of being quiet. I want Pacquiao, Bradley, Khan and Maidana"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing to do with how he fights, but just something that struck me,

Ortiz' attempts at being winsome, cute, funny a la old-skool De La Hoya in the post-fight interviews are cringe-inducing - I forget the quip he made after Harris, but I do remember that it was awful and rather like he was trying to force some kind of fan-friendly persona, but just completely lacking any kind of natural personal charm to pull it off. He really is a personality-less boxer.

Going with the 'Vicious' nickname and trying to sell him as the next Golden Boy at the same time, I dunno, it all just seems very incongruous, and even more in vain when neither identity seems to suit him.

Comment

How's the shanty demolition going in Quezon City? Did you join the citizens in attacking the police officers? FU.CK THA POLICE.

Comment

Originally posted by jonarie View Post
        How's the shanty demolition going in Quezon City? Did you join the citizens in attacking the police officers? FU.CK THA POLICE.

i dont not see demonstrator. I go to my job as nurses aide very early.

Comment

Go ahead Victor. Thats it. Glad to see he has some swagger back. After the Maidana fight, I was worried about him. The kid has all the tools and all the ability in the world. 140 is the hot division right now, and all of the top five can beat each other. No one is invincible. However, I think Ortiz has the most star power. But, we shall see.

Comment

ortiz loose to all of them...bradley would be his only chance since tim doesnt have a punchers chance..

pac will make ortiz look like hatton..

hatton vs ortiz wouldve been good..

Comment

Originally posted by lyonheart View Post
              Go ahead Victor. Thats it. Glad to see he has some swagger back. After the Maidana fight, I was worried about him. The kid has all the tools and all the ability in the world. 140 is the hot division right now, and all of the top five can beat each other. No one is invincible. However, I think Ortiz has the most star power. But, we shall see.
              He has some star qualities as a fighter. But as a personality, I can't see him being thee big crossover hit.

Amir isn't the most charismatic guy ever, but he has much more personal charm and star aura than Ortiz. I think he has the biggest crossover potential of any at 140, it just depends on him winning the career-making fights.

Comment

ortiz not ready for pac. i was impressed by his speed against harris. i think he would give bradley troubles possibley beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                  it was funny to see people inflate ortiz beating 39 year old campbell and then downgrade mayweather dominating 38 year old mosley.

campbell was an old, worn-out man. harris has never been good. harris has been ko'sd by maussa on the mayweather-gatti undercard. and then junior witter did this:

Erm I have not seen anyone inflate that win. He got criticised for that fight by not taking Nate out and being gun shy.

Mayweather has had praise for that fight aswell as bad feedback.
                  His recovery of the 2nd round punch was well done.

Stop chatting ****

Comment

Originally posted by RAGE OF ANGELS View Post
                    Nothing to do with how he fights, but just something that struck me,

Ortiz' attempts at being winsome, cute, funny a la old-skool De La Hoya in the post-fight interviews are cringe-inducing - I forget the quip he made after Harris, but I do remember that it was awful and rather like he was trying to force some kind of fan-friendly persona, but just completely lacking any kind of natural personal charm to pull it off. He really is a personality-less boxer.

Going with the 'Vicious' nickname and trying to sell him as the next Golden Boy at the same time, I dunno, it all just seems very incongruous, and even more in vain when neither identity seems to suit him.
                    Behind the scene interviews he seems pretty cool. Most boxers are, but after a hard fight, or maybe in a big arena, they get nervous and are full of adreniline.

GBP are tryign to promote him to be a big star, and Khan too. It may work out well

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                      i dont not see demonstrator. I go to my job as nurses aide very early.
                      Liar. You wanted to see Pac train in the Elorde gym, so you caused a riot and blocked traffic.

Comment

Working...
                      X