Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Where do you rate Wladimir Klitschko among the ATG heavyweights?
He's #1 6 3.14%
From 2 to 5 11 5.76%
From 6 to 10 31 16.23%
From 11 to 15 33 17.28%
From 16 to 25 56 29.32%
From 26 to 50 31 16.23%
From 51 to 75 5 2.62%
From 76 to 100 4 2.09%
From 101 to 200 4 2.09%
Not in the top 200 10 5.24%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 02-10-2013, 02:49 PM
daggum
All time great

Rep Power: 57 daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,001,150,352,976.23
Super Joe Calzagheeeeeeeee - Sir TomJones I think Calzaghe is ATG and yes I realise I am daggum - rorymac you deserve a kick for your hatred of white boxers - Freedom. you post nothing except hatred and ridicule of the boxers - Freedom. You post nothing except hatred and ridicule of boxers.... keep up the good work - Deal With It 
You deserve a medal for your hatred of white boxers - Deal With It this hater deserves a kick - Freedom. have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Joe, Floyd, and Wlad are winners, you are a loser - Freedom. for the hilarious and utterly relentless Zag bashing! - The Surgeon 
No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley 
give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman932 View Post
I put him 6-10.

Bottom line is 60 career wins, 50 knockouts, and 18 career title defenses.

There are a select few HW's in the history of the sport to get to those numbers and those that did only accomplished it by hanging on too long and fighting bums in non title fights at the end of their careers (Holmes and Foreman)

We will probably never in our lifetimes see another HW champ get anywhere close to those cumulative numbers.
yes we will. wlad's first 4 defenses were against unranked jefferson, unranked shufford, ancient unranked botha, and ancient unranked mercer. you will never find 4 defenses in a row that crappy in any other era but in this new era of frauds you will see it a lot. i could see a guy going 20 defenses in a row without fighting anyone ranked. people will think he's great because of his "dominance"

Last edited by daggum; 02-10-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,000,063,925.72
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas 

Wonder the ages of the folks who think Wlad is a top twenty fighter? The number one spot must be from a teenager!!! Pretty sad stuff. Ray.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:51 PM
daggum
All time great

Rep Power: 57 daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,001,150,352,976.23
Super Joe Calzagheeeeeeeee - Sir TomJones I think Calzaghe is ATG and yes I realise I am daggum - rorymac you deserve a kick for your hatred of white boxers - Freedom. you post nothing except hatred and ridicule of the boxers - Freedom. You post nothing except hatred and ridicule of boxers.... keep up the good work - Deal With It 
You deserve a medal for your hatred of white boxers - Deal With It this hater deserves a kick - Freedom. have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Joe, Floyd, and Wlad are winners, you are a loser - Freedom. for the hilarious and utterly relentless Zag bashing! - The Surgeon 
No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley 
give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusJ27 View Post
I put him between the top 6-10 due to how long he's held the title.
so is chris john better than leonard and robinson? he held the title longer than them.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,000,063,925.72
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas 

Butterbean was 76-9 and went 10 rounds with a VERY old Larry Holmes. That was pretty good for the Beanman!

Its not how many wins you have its the caliber of competition you faced!
Ray.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Joeyzagz
Soir

Rep Power: 22 Joeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,423,366,909.67
Total Points: 28,580,478,377.62
Have an e-beer on me - FRKO what a dummy you are - Freedom. still in the red after years of posting here - Freedom. troll - Simurgh 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingchef View Post
ANYONE who posted top 26 or lower... especially under 50 or under 100-200

name me
Top 26-Top 50 who are better
anyone under that.. name me Top 50-Top 200 who are better
John L Sullivan
Jim Corbett
Bob Fitzsimmons
Jim Jeffries
Jack Johnson
Jess Willard
Jack Dempsey
Gene Tunney
Max Schmelling
Jack Sharkey
Max Baer
Jim Braddock
Joe Louis
Joe Walcott
Ezzard Charles
Rocky Marciano
Igemar Johonsosn
Floyd Patterson
Sonny Liston
Muhammad Ali
Joe Frazier
George Foreman
Larry Holmes
Mike tyson
Evander Holyfield
Buster Douglas
Lennox Lewis
Riddick Bowe

There is a valid Argument for ranking Wladimir outside the top 100 which I'll get into shorty. But the 29 or so fighters I listed have these things in common:

1. UNDISPUTED world Heavyweight Champion
2. Victory over a another great champion on the list.
3. Did not need a 6'7 bodyguard to help their careers.

Wladimir wouldve been knocked out of boxing if it wasnt for his 6'7 brother. Imagine if Wlad had to face Lennox right after being KOd by Sanders? It would be sanctioned slaughter and his career would be over.

What Vitali does is water down competition. So instead of Wlad facing (#1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10) Wlad will face the much easier schedule of (#2, #4, #6, #8 #10 #12 #14 #16 #18 #20) while Vitali fights the odd numbers (#3-#21) Both are exempt from facing #1.

Its an advanced scheme that reduces wear and tear on both brothers and produces fantastic results. As individuals they are outside the top 20, combined they are top 5 ATG.