Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#21
Old 09-18-2010, 07:52 PM
+JC|Arky+
++Pinche| Wedo++
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: War Memorial Stadium
Age: 31
Posts: 2,764
Rep Power: 10 +JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 16,303.59
Bank: 560,195.29
Total Points: 576,498.88
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -veteran420- Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta Khent View Post
That's not an answer idiot. That's one man's perception.
A man that has more brains in his left nut than you do in your whole fugly ass dome fool.

Thats one mans perception that I totally agree with. And that video IS an answer.....His answer to a world renowned Atheist that refuses to debate him.
Reply With Quote
+JC|Arky+ is offline
#22
Old 09-18-2010, 09:11 PM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Great White North (no racist)
Age: 36
Posts: 38,471
Rep Power: 211 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 2,140,326,010,332.55
Bank: 0.83
Total Points: 2,140,326,010,333.38
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by +The|Razor+ View Post
Nice, a whole minute huh? maybe thats why you sound like an idiot. Watch the video and read what you just posted.

Lets try again.


That is all just bullshit. An "explanation of the explanation"? No, no no no. This guy makes the argument that "nothing" must come from "something" so "everything" comes from "god" which logically begs the question what created "god". And Dawkins doesn't conclude that "therefore god doesn't exist". Dawkins concludes that "therefore god is an unnecessary part of the argument".

So the guy is just wrong on every single level.

Quote:
The best way to decribe it would be to say that scientifically, Something cant come from Nothing.
This premise is incorrect. Sure under "normal" conditions energy and matter cannot be created or destroyed. But on a quantum level "something" comes from "nothing" all the time.

Quite frankly high school level science like Dr (of theology) Craig is familiar with is insufficient to try and misappropriate science to peddle your mystic woo.

Quote:
If there is Nothing.....Nothing is the only thing that it will ever be.

Scientists point to the Big Bang and say that the Universe just....BOOM!!!!....Came from nothing. But how is that possible if Nothing can come from Nothing?

He talks about other things and explains it better in the videos, you just have to try and keep up.

Nothing comes from Nothing. There had to be a Creator.
Where did the creator (small c) come from then?

Quote:
A man that has more brains in his left nut than you do in your whole fugly ass dome fool.
Such a shame he has applied his impressive intellect to christian apologetics instead of doing something that could benefit humanity instead.
Reply With Quote
squealpiggy is offline
#23
Old 09-18-2010, 09:20 PM
+JC|Arky+
++Pinche| Wedo++
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: War Memorial Stadium
Age: 31
Posts: 2,764
Rep Power: 10 +JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 16,303.59
Bank: 560,195.29
Total Points: 576,498.88
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -veteran420- Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
That is all just bullshit. An "explanation of the explanation"? No, no no no. This guy makes the argument that "nothing" must come from "something" so "everything" comes from "god" which logically begs the question what created "god". And Dawkins doesn't conclude that "therefore god doesn't exist". Dawkins concludes that "therefore god is an unnecessary part of the argument".

So the guy is just wrong on every single level.



This premise is incorrect. Sure under "normal" conditions energy and matter cannot be created or destroyed. But on a quantum level "something" comes from "nothing" all the time.

Quite frankly high school level science like Dr (of theology) Craig is familiar with is insufficient to try and misappropriate science to peddle your mystic woo.



Where did the creator (small c) come from then?



Such a shame he has applied his impressive intellect to christian apologetics instead of doing something that could benefit humanity instead.
I really cant believe you dont get it. I really dont think you are grasping at what is being said.

Here is the dumb version.....one more time.



Take your time..then read your posts in this thread and see that they make no sense.
Reply With Quote
+JC|Arky+ is offline
#24
Old 09-19-2010, 02:08 AM
The Noose
AKA Bobby Pazuzu
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Isla Del Encanta
Posts: 16,447
Rep Power: 333 The Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 101,300,772,979.15
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 101,300,772,979.15
Here you go you non-gift having British queer. - Mizzou good poster , have an e beer on me - shobox Happy Uncle's Day! - Bossy Great post! On this thread... Fighters who thank "god"...Are they f@cking stupid ? - jose830 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by +The|Razor+ View Post
I really cant believe you dont get it. I really dont think you are grasping at what is being said.

Here is the dumb version.....one more time.



Take your time..then read your posts in this thread and see that they make no sense.
His examples of how designed objects must have a designer, such as machinery on the moon are flawed in as much as organic matter is not designed. We know that complexity in nature has very simple origins that have evolved and responded to the environment. Repetitions of simple patterns give way to incredibly complex patterns.
The complexity of intelligent life in the universe therefore does not need a intelligent creator.
Why would a vast universe with a minuscule speck of life within it be proof of a universe designed for life?
Thats like saying all the oceans on Earth were designed for the purpose of drowning an ant. Plus consider that 99.9% of life on our planet is extinct....hardly a design worthy of a perfect God.

I think the most rational position to take is that we know very little about the origins of our universe, and although the multi-universe theory kills off the 'fine tuning argument' we really dont know.
To place god as a logical answer to anything an argument from ignorance. i.e. we dont know/ the God of the gaps.
Reply With Quote
The Noose is offline
#25
Old 09-19-2010, 02:40 AM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Great White North (no racist)
Age: 36
Posts: 38,471
Rep Power: 211 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 2,140,326,010,332.55
Bank: 0.83
Total Points: 2,140,326,010,333.38
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by +The|Razor+ View Post
I really cant believe you dont get it. I really dont think you are grasping at what is being said.

Here is the dumb version.....one more time.



Take your time..then read your posts in this thread and see that they make no sense.
How many more times? THE ARGUMENT IS OLD! IT IS FLAWED! IT HAS BEEN DEALT WITH!

You have found an evangelical with two PhDs in theology who specializes in christian apologetics on behalf of the Discovery Institute. His arguments are wrong!
Reply With Quote
squealpiggy is offline
#26
Old 09-19-2010, 04:16 AM
Ryannn
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,902
Rep Power: 16 Ryannn has a reputation beyond reputeRyannn has a reputation beyond reputeRyannn has a reputation beyond reputeRyannn has a reputation beyond reputeRyannn has a reputation beyond reputeRyannn has a reputation beyond reputeRyannn has a reputation beyond reputeRyannn has a reputation beyond reputeRyannn has a reputation beyond reputeRyannn has a reputation beyond reputeRyannn has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 19,747,775.84
Bank: 7,186,898.07
Total Points: 26,934,673.91
i dont know who the fukk u are but i just wanted to give you this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest No Message - rorymac 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geze View Post
Your logic is shortsighted and ILLOGICAL....

The omnibenevolent gave us free will,And that is all you need to know.From that you can have reasons.
your argument is contradicting...

look at it logically. no man can ever commit so much "sin" in one lifetime to warrant him eternal torture.

simply put, its not fair.

hell doesn't exist, im damn sure of it.
Reply With Quote
Ryannn is offline
#27
Old 09-19-2010, 07:35 AM
TheAuthority
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 34
Posts: 701
Rep Power: 8 TheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,108,359.80
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,108,359.80
Default

Dr Craig - "In order to recognise that an explanation is the best, you don't have to have an explanation of the explanation".

The big bang theory explains the existence of the universe (in it's current state). Dr Craig accepts this.

I would suggest we can recognise this explanation as the best based on the evidence.

If we apply his logic, can we conclude we don't need to have an explanation for the big bang (i.e. the best explanation)?

By Craig's logic we don't need an explanation for what caused the big bang (i.e. a God).

Last edited by TheAuthority; 09-19-2010 at 08:08 AM..
Reply With Quote
TheAuthority is offline
#28
Old 09-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Jim Jeffries
rugged individualist
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ameritopia, U.S.S.A.
Posts: 21,686
Rep Power: 87 Jim Jeffries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jeffries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jeffries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jeffries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jeffries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jeffries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jeffries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jeffries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jeffries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jeffries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Jeffries has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,755,597.16
Bank: 38,127,102,857,317.03
Total Points: 38,127,104,612,914.19
U.S.A. Forever!!!!!!! - Mike Tyson77 Have a brew with your boy Pea, Jim.... - Shin Akuma have a gift.. - Miyagi To a very intelligent poster! - abosworth Republican Jockholder - alfonso13702 
merry xmas - msagrain Happy 10K Posts - Golden Boy 360 congrats on 10K jim...cheers - Makavelli 10,000!! - tyson 10k! - Equilibrium 
Too bad it ain't Cotto's Schlong!! - chicano79us Preach on!!! - -veteran420- have some san miguel - Akinapepemo have some san miguel - Akinapepemo yeah - BoxingTech718 
You get the Glen Beck award. Thanks for having my back brother - Mike Tyson77 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays  Jim.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* Sorry you're asian and ugly.  This will make you feel better. - robust_ 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - street bully AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 
Default

I always wondered why, if religion was so great, was the threat of eternal damnation needed to get people to join up.
Reply With Quote
Jim Jeffries is offline
#29
Old 09-19-2010, 11:12 AM
+JC|Arky+
++Pinche| Wedo++
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: War Memorial Stadium
Age: 31
Posts: 2,764
Rep Power: 10 +JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 16,303.59
Bank: 560,195.29
Total Points: 576,498.88
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -veteran420- Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
You have found an evangelical with two PhDs in theology who specializes in christian apologetics on behalf of the Discovery Institute. His arguments are wrong!
So you can bow at the alter of Hitchens and Hawking/Athiest apologists but Dr. Craig is........wrong,dumb,been disproven??? LMAO!!! Ok squeal whatever you say.
Reply With Quote
+JC|Arky+ is offline
#30
Old 09-19-2010, 11:16 AM
+JC|Arky+
++Pinche| Wedo++
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: War Memorial Stadium
Age: 31
Posts: 2,764
Rep Power: 10 +JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute+JC|Arky+ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 16,303.59
Bank: 560,195.29
Total Points: 576,498.88
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -veteran420- Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - -veteran420- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
I always wondered why, if religion was so great, was the threat of eternal damnation needed to get people to join up.
You got it all wrong brother. When you recognize God and Jesus for the truth, eternal damnation is not your motivation for being a Christian. Heaven is your goal.

My goal in life is not to NOT go to hell. My goal is to earn my way to heaven.

Big difference.
Reply With Quote
+JC|Arky+ is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
justice, omnibenevolent, source, ultimate

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Fight Videos - Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:19 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.